Ford still in the wars as pick-up owners complaining online about their vehicles

webfact

1 hour ago, dallen52 said:

All new cars get plugged into Obdas at end of line and test rolls.

IRS is aligned, front end is final checked.

They go back down the line and get reworked by a team of fixers.

Dealers are required to perform pre delivery inspection and preparation for road use. 

I can vouch for oz. 

Here I'm inclined to think it's a wash and polish, after the customary selling of the bling and aftercare products. 

Then wrap a big ribbon bow around it and get several sexier looking he/shes to do the delivery and photoshoot. 

They are killing the goose that lays golden eggs.

Yes, it seems the QA at the factory/dealer has been thai-y-fied. Trying to fix them during warranty is likely to break more than fix, which is probably why the Thais want their money back. They know their somchais.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dallen52 said:

Here I'm inclined to think it's a wash and polish, after the customary selling of the bling and aftercare products. 

Then wrap a big ribbon bow around it and get several sexier looking he/shes to do the delivery and photoshoot. 

Here I'm inclined to think that most foreign purchasers assume the same level of dealer inspection that they never even asked about back home. Most foreigners don't do a proper, inside, outside, underneath and under the bonnet inspection but they do want the freebie rain deflectors aka blind spot enlargers and the fake chrome stick-on bits. They tend to demand an English-language Handbook which gets summarily tossed in the glovebox so they never know what the '+' and '-' on the shift stick means or what limitations there are on the 'on-the-fly' gearbox and transfer case changes.

However, if this is a case of 2 early-release Raptors having significant (but not safety related) issues and Ford's carte blanche replace or refund policy in is effect, then I think they have the improbability of the 'early lemon' embarrassment well handled.

• Like 1

As the owner of a Ford Transit Custom van I am shocked at the lack interest by Ford to resolve a major security issue with the van locks.

Of my observations I see that many owners like myself have had to replace their door lock with an "aftermarket" upgrade at their own cost.???? 

• 8 months later...
On 9/28/2018 at 2:47 PM, lanista said:

Why would anybody consider buying a taxpayer subsidised yank tank when you can have a Honda ,Toyota or Nissan to name a few.?

Fantastic ,reliable engines expecially the Honda accord and civic.  Great electrics.  Toyota and Nissan pickup trucks are excellent. American cars are so bulbous and gross looking.  Gas guzzlers finished in velour.

How many Japs and Europeans drive Detroit cars???   lol lol

I am amazed Thai's buy them when they have so many options open.

I always bought Toyota’s in Australia and bought a couple here years ago a pick up and a hybrid.

3 years ago we bought an Everest and two years ago a Vios for local use.

We have driven the Everest thousands of kilometers around Thailand and its been great.

Still think Toyota’s good but their Fortuner gets nowhere close to the Everest I know as I have driven them.

• Like 2

Ford was good when they were still doing tractors. And I don't mean the ones used on the fields. Had a 2.9l 80's big sedan (can't remember the type), in 4 years I only changed the oil, nothing else. Thing was indestructible.

Mankind and it's cars peaked 85-95.