xbox ones, playstations here more expensive?

ryanhull

ive been looking for an xbox one for my lad, its been hard to even find them tbh but it seems the price of an xbox here is considerably more expensive than the uk? i found one for 10,000 bhat secomd hand but was told by a uk mate thats expensive, just wondering if anyone else has noticed this or im wrong? ta

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

From my experience the XBox 1 in Thailand was about the same price as the UK . It is not as popular as the PS4 so a second hand machine should be cheaper in Thailand.

I'd take a look at Ebay UK and Lazada (in Thailand) to get an idea of the prices to pay . I bought both of our machines from Ebay UK and had kind friends travelling to Thailand bring them over for me.

With the poor exchange rate buying from the UK makes sense.

A word of caution - if you buy a console with games downloaded onto the hard drive you will need the seller's XBox account details to play the games properly.  

In my experience XBoxOne is less popular in Thailand, so more difficult to find, which may explain why second hand is more expensive. Both PS4 and Xbox were about 40-50 GBP more expensive in Thailand than in Europe the first year after launch, the price difference is almost zero now. When buying new it may be worth buying it locally for the warranty. In addition eBay or Amazon charge you import fees and shipping when you don't have a mate willing to carry it through Thai customs. I also recommend browsing on Lazada, which is how I bought my PS4 Pro and PSVR. They have new XBox One bundles on Lazada for around 10,000 Baht, which is not a bad deal.

Personally, I would never buy a used gaming console. The savings would not offset the chance the unit could have defective components that could arise only during heavy gameplay. I have an "Uncharted 4 Limited Edition" bundle PS4 that is just over 2 years old and averages over 40 hours of gameplay a week. I supplement the 500GB internal drive with a 3TB Seagate USB external expansion drive. I purchased my PS4 bundle online from Target on a trip back to the US for $300. It costs about $380 now, but a basic PS4 bundle would cost 12,000+ in Thailand. I unboxed mine and brought it back in my carry-on bag. There are websites other than Lazada to shop. With help from Google, you might find a deal.

I have used super rich before but depending where you are there are a number of shops in different provinces. Have a look at the costs and draw your own conclusions but in my opinion I would lean towards more expensive as it seems Thailand lacks any official dealers or large chains and it is just 3rd parties importing and reselling. 

https://www.superrichgame.com/หมวดสินค้า-XBOX ONE-=-หมวดย่อย!26,System

I bought an Xbox one x from nadz. Original, works fine. Price  same as USA plus or minus depending on the exchange rate.

Easy enough to get new from a respectable shop.

PS4 pro is the same and more common.

HOWEVER sale prices in the USA do not appear here, so sometimes it can be a bit more.

4 hours ago, JayBird said:

I bought an Xbox one x from nadz. Original, works fine. Price  same as USA plus or minus depending on the exchange rate.

Easy enough to get new from a respectable shop.

PS4 pro is the same and more common.

HOWEVER sale prices in the USA do not appear here, so sometimes it can be a bit more.

I have check prices on Nadz before and they are not close to US prices. As a comparison, I just checked prices on a 1TB XBox 1-S Forza bundle which Amazon sells for $319. Nadz price for the same system is 14,990 baht. The exchange rate for $ is approximately 32 baht, which makes Nadz price over $460. Amazon's shipping and import fee deposit is $118.46 making the total cost $437.46, which is still cheaper than Nadz. 

I have check prices on Nadz before and they are not close to US prices. As a comparison, I just checked prices on a 1TB XBox 1-S Forza bundle which Amazon sells for $319. Nadz price for the same system is 14,990 baht. The exchange rate for $ is approximately 32 baht, which makes Nadz price over $460. Amazon's shipping and import fee deposit is $118.46 making the total cost $437.46, which is still cheaper than Nadz. 
thnx , so amazon is the cheapest your going to get an xbox? barring in mind too the weak pound to thb, I couldnt find anything cheaper on lazada, would it not be even cheaper to send to a friend from ebay in the uk then they ship it on as a gift? reason i ask is my friend is after one here too now he wants to hook fifa up with mine, tx

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

No, Amazon is not the cheapest. I chose them because they had a guaranteed shipping option to Thailand. Wal-Mart online has the same bundle for $299 and I'm sure I could find a lower price. I have no experience with receiving parcels shipped to me from friends. But there have been many topics on ThaiVisa about the high import duties and taxes charged by Thai Customs, sometimes being equal or more than the original cost. It might be cheaper for your friend to come for a visit and bring it with him.  

I wouldn't send it through amazon. I ordered proactiv for my wife from amazon which was also gaurenteed. As soon as it arrives in bkk you get emails from dhl asking you to apply for importers licences and pay taxes etc. Judging by the amount of threads mentioning similar I would advise against it. Theres a number of shops in Thailand just shoo around and get the cheapest. Lots can post to you also.

Archived