does vietnam require return airline ticket?

yogavnture

I know old topic. but it angers me i have to determine a return date back from Vietnam to bkk.........I know they check only sometimes. but isnt thier a better way to do this?  what about I tell them im going overland back to bkk.?  how can they force me to buy airline ticket before I leave bkk for Saigon?   this happens with a lot of countries I know. but the law is sketchy.  in conclusion im forced to stay in Vietnam at end of my trip waiting till my ticket date comes up because im forced to book it before i want.. any thoughts?

8 hours ago, MaksimMislavsky said:

If you have arranged visa to Vietman (easy to do online, just 10 to 15 USD) - no ticket needed. If trying to enter visa exempt - I was asked to show the ticket more than once.

I have been asked before to produce a return ticket  . but i suppose I could try to tell them i plan to return overland

6 hours ago, yogavnture said:

I have been asked before to produce a return ticket  . but i suppose I could try to tell them i plan to return overland

Maybe booking Saigon-Phnompenh bus ticket online is worth considering. If it is all about having a proof of onward travel from VN to show to VN officials when entereing the country. Not sure if my understanding of what you are trying to do is correct.