Chromecast Audio in Thailand

damole

11 hours ago, Langsuan Man said:

That's the standard Chromecast, i.e. for video.

Yes, AIS re-sells the gen. 2 Chromecast VIDEO device to enable streaming from their mobile app to a display.

The OP seemed to be asking about the Chromecast AUDIO device? At least that's the terminology used in the original post, title and body.

https://store.google.com/us/product/chromecast_audio

Edited by mtls2005

I have a friend who just bought a new Marantz PM6006 amp and some B&W speakers, she has been playing music from her phone plugged into her previous amp using the headphone output.  The new amp which I recommended deserves much better so as she likes to use her phone to play music it seems Chromcast Audio is the way to go. 

I will probably get one for myself as it is the easiest way to get Deezer HiFi (FLAC) to stream to my amp.  I usually use Kodi on an Android box plugged into my Cambdridge DACMagic but I think the Android version of Deezer doesn't support FLAC yet. 

I will test USB Audio Player PRO at some point as that is claims to have the best audio quality for playing music files.

• 2 weeks later...

I did see the announcement before I ordered the "Audios".  The Chromecast still connects using HDMI and I just want to connect either with phono/RCA plugs or Toslink to a stereo integrated amp.

9 hours ago, rbkk said:

I think I read that it now includes the functionality of the Chromecast Audio......

Yes, but...from the recent Google event...

Unfortunately, Chromecast Audio Groups isn't available on the new Chromecast at launch and will be added to the device via a software update sometime next year.

And it doesn't support the RCA out. (Yes, there are probably HDMI Audio to RCA "extractors".)

But it does support 1080p/60 FPS (vs. 720/60 or 1080/30 on rev. 1 & 2). I'm still on rev. 1 so plan to pick up a rev. 3 on my next trip. Easily one of my most used electronic devices EVER, and for $35.