Motorcyclist dies after crashing into parked truck

webfact

Motorcyclist dies after crashing into parked truck

By The Nation

4DQpjUtzLUwmJZZPFCWczsYHQaqjD3luaJbtaKmZ9p5y.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

A motorcyclist was killed when he crashed into the rear of a ten-wheel truck parked on an unilluminated stretch of road near the Bang Phli electricity office in Samut Prakan Sunday night.

Police said the accident happened at 9pm in Tambon Rachathewa of Samut Prakan’s Bang Phli district.

The motorcyclist, Russadee Prathumsit, 48, died at the scene.

Police arrested the truck driver, Samreng Phumpaeng, 52, for illegal parking.

Local residents said the lights on the central road reservation had been dark for several weeks and that no one had undertaken repairs despite the area’s proximity to the Bang Phli office of the Metropolitan Electricity Authority.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30355531

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-10-01

58 minutes ago, steve73 said:

unless of course he was drunk, texting, or simply going too fast, etc. 

No night is so dark that you have to run into a parked vehicle like the one shown except for the reasons you listed. Drunk and speeding most likely.

Speeding: not simply adhere to max allowed speed but adapt to the situation (dark, unlit road).

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Sad 1

If you can't see a lorry that size then you really shouldn't be driving. But as others have said, probably speeding. Why is it that Thais, who are supposed to be so laid back and easy going, drive like maniacs having to get somewhere, anywhere, by yesterday. So many don't drive at a safe speed.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, steve73 said:

From the photo in the OP, the reflectors on the truck appears to be reasonably obvious.

So unless the motorcycle was running with no front light (or very poorly adjusted), he should have seen the parked vehicle, unless of course he was drunk, texting, or simply going too fast, etc.

...or maybe the truck jumped out in front of him like many trees are reported to do here.

I fail to understand why the truck driver should be arrested, unless the road was clearly marked as "No Stopping/Parking", but I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels that justice has already been served to the motorcyclist.

RIP.

The truck driver was illegally parked, so no mis-understanding there.. regardless of road markings or not!!

As for the motorcycle rider that's another matter entirely but he paid for his mistake with his life !

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Henrik Andersen said:

Better to arrest some officials in this case for not fix the street lights 

RIP 

I don't think that's very fair. It is irrelevant If the street is lit or unlit. It is the responsibility of the driver of the parked vehicle to ensure that it is easily visible by switching the parking lights on. That way any careless idiot would have no excuse for crashing into it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Muhendis said:

I don't think that's very fair. It is irrelevant If the street is lit or unlit. It is the responsibility of the driver of the parked vehicle to ensure that it is easily visible by switching the parking lights on. That way any careless idiot would have no excuse for crashing into it. 

Wrong first meaby the driver couldn't see the poor painting on street for no parking in the darkness..  meny places it is not paint for years 

and other posters say something smart.. Why could the motorcycle not see the truck??? 

1.no light on the bike? 

2. Perhaps drunk ?

3. Or driving high speed? 

10 minutes ago, Benmart said:

There seems to be plenty of experienced accident investigation experts in this forum that were at the scene. Credentials and your report please.

This is just another case, one of many I am afraid of the lack of any kind of driving / riding skills or road sense

No special experience needed to recognize stupidity and the all encompassing death wish

It takes dedication on a large scale to produce 25,000 plus dead on an annual basis

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

If you can't see a lorry that size then you really shouldn't be driving. But as others have said, probably speeding. Why is it that Thais, who are supposed to be so laid back and easy going, drive like maniacs having to get somewhere, anywhere, by yesterday. So many don't drive at a safe speed.

If he was "speeding", why did he drive on the far left line? Normaly the speedsters would use the right hand part of the road.

3 hours ago, Vacuum said:

If he was "speeding", why did he drive on the far left line? Normaly the speedsters would use the right hand part of the road.

:cheesy: How long have you been in Thailand? Lanes mean nothing here. There have been numerous accidents reported where people have been speeding in the so-called emergency lane. I saw a video of one just yesterday where a van was doing just that and then came to an abrupt stop when he found a few road cones in front of some roadworks. Two vehicles who were doing the same then crashed into the van in front and each other.

Edited by Bangkok Barry
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Vacuum said:

I dont know what he was doing, but I do know what he was not doing

He was not riding with "Due Care and Attention"