1st OA visa.......

I have my 1st 1 year O-A visa and would like to know what to expect, apart from the queue...????, and what to check when I arrive at Swampy..... Will I get a full one year 'admitted until' date stamp, or just a 90 day stamp until I must report to immigration, or will I get both? Thanks.

I have my 1st 1 year O-A visa and would like to know what to expect, apart from the queue...[emoji41], and what to check when I arrive at Swampy..... Will I get a full one year 'admitted until' date stamp, or just a 90 day stamp until I must report to immigration, or will I get both? Thanks.

Make sure you get 12 month stamp. If they are stressed they will forget. 90 day reporting you need to keep track of yourself

Skickat från min iPad med Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1

You will get a one year entry using your OA visa when you arrive.

Your first report of staying longer than 90 consecutive days in the country will be due 90 days from the date you enter the country including that day in the count.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SunsetT said:

I have my 1st 1 year O-A visa and would like to know what to expect

And if you intend to stay longer than a year, a border run before the visa validity expires (that's one year after the visa has been issued) would earn you another year without the effort for extension of stay at the immigration office.

Some people are aware, some not.

Edited by KhunBENQ

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You will get a one year entry using your OA visa when you arrive.

Your first report of staying longer than 90 consecutive days in the country will be due 90 days from the date you enter the country including that day in the count.

Why was i under the impression that you have to submit your report 14 to 7 days before your 90 days is due?, I might have read that on the immigration site or does that refer to online reporting?

3 hours ago, SunsetT said:

I have my 1st 1 year O-A visa and would like to know what to expect

I was surprised when I first arrived on an OA, all good and the usual stamps, photo etc, then the IO said for me to wait, he had to call a supervisor. I thought the worst, there was a problem etc. Waited a couple of minutes for the big boss to come.

The boss eventually arrived and it was to shake my hand and said "welcome to Thailand, I hope you enjoy your retirement"

Edited by Peterw42
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Polaky said:

Why was i under the impression that you have to submit your report 14 to 7 days before your 90 days is due?, I might have read that on the immigration site or does that refer to online reporting?

You have a window of 15 days before and 7 days after.

2 hours ago, Polaky said:

A report doesn’t become due until midnight on day 90; however, immigrantion allow us to report upto 14 days early (depending on thecrepirting method). They allow us to report within 7 days after the report becomes due, after which a report is considered late and they can impose a fine.

19 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

And if you intend to stay longer than a year, a border run before the visa validity expires (that's one year after the visa has been issued) would earn you another year without the effort for extension of stay at the immigration office.

Some people are aware, some not.

I was aware but thank you because I thought the border run had to be just before the one year entry stamp expires and not one year from the issue of the visa. Can others clarify please.

Edited by SunsetT

15 minutes ago, SunsetT said:

I was aware but thank you because I thought the border run had to be just before the one year entry stamp expires and not one year from the issue of the visa. Can others clarify please.

That depends upon which one ends first. Normally it would be the visas expiration date (enter before date on older vissas).

You can always leave before your a your permit to stay date (admitted until date on entry stamp) and get a new one year entry prior to the visa expires.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SunsetT said:

If you want to maximise your stay using this visa you should make an entry as close to the ‘enter before’ date printed on the visa, not the current 1 year entry stamp.

• Thanks 1