Big Joke launches crackdown on illegal foreign workers and Thai nominees

snoop1130

The day of reckoning is coming!

that is to be..If the christians are to be believed!

Governments stealing peoples money, cashless ATMs, banks closing down,

is because of greed they allowed such a huge pile of bad debt from zero actual money,

there will be lack of actual cash to give to people, them that even do have money in bank cannot access if ATM have no cash! 

When it hits here Big Joke first will find all these illegal farang company and assets that have a 51% ghost shareholder

Thai government will then be the 51% owner!!

watch out also these usufruct, 30 year lease of land for farang, ESPECIALLY if any farang making money off it.

Easy as ripping up a piece of paper, It will all be gone

G.O.N.E...GONE!!

bet your (non-existant) money in the bank on it!!!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Antioc said:

If you are doing the right thing and conforming to the Law then you have nothing to worry about.

And what exactly is the law? They make up and do anything they want to do. How many foreigners have been screwed over trying to follow the letter of the law only to have an immigration officer with a chip on their shoulder deny them or come up with crazy 'additional' requirements that waste endless amounts of time and money?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Donaldo said:

The country I now live in is inundated with Thai nationals who abuse the lax visa policies to set up shady massage practices

Report them! Tell them that there is prostitution, drugs, illegal immigration, and people working without permits there and you are an anonymous source. Thai businesses are encouraged to report any suspicious foreigners in Thailand so it's only right you return the favor. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Esso49 said:

Wonder if the "agents" arranging retirement visas and the like for people without the requsite funds are getting nervous now ?

About as nervous as taxi drivers when there is a "crackdown" on refusing fares, or motorcyclist when there's one for riding on the pavement. ????

Edited by SABloke

1 hour ago, jvs said:

Ok ,i read that and see what you mean.Also just read online somewhere else that 2  high ranked immigration officers just got removed for doing just that.Who to believe?

whats your source?

3 hours ago, humbug said:

Are you kidding me? You dont remember this. It was all over the Thai press. They nicknamed then the dinosaur generals. Parading and speaking at their protest at the stadium next to MBK. People laughed at them, then they morphed into the street protest show ponied by suthep, still the dinosaur generals pulling the strings.

the reason why they were laughed at, was saying such things as,

"closing down Thailand for 5 years," 

"rid Thailand of foreigners"

They had thousands of protesters cheering them. 

You can see from their rhetoric what they meant, control thailand for 5 years and put in place mechanisms to stay in power longer, and make life a whole lot more uncomfortable for foreigners.....

Got a link? Searching for dinosaur generals only leads back to your old Thaivisa posts. And searching in Thai it links to websites about dinosaurs. 

Anyhow it never seemed to be a central theme in the yellow shirt demands. Or a red shirt policy as the guy above you suggested. 

A crackdown on nominees has been talked about every 5 years or so since I’ve lived here. Through civilian and military governments. And after a backlash from real estate developers, chambers of commerce, etc they backed down each time. It’s nothing new. 

Edited by Crash999
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Esso49 said:

Wonder if the "agents" arranging retirement visas and the like for people without the requsite funds are getting nervous now ?

I would say yes, as are the bent immigration officials who are known to the agents who stamp visas for a fee, their monthly income is going to be hit hard !! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Crash999 said:

Got a link? Searching for dinosaur generals only leads back to your old Thaivisa posts. And searching in Thai it links to websites about dinosaurs. 

Anyhow it never seemed to be a central theme in the yellow shirt demands. Or a red shirt policy as the guy above you suggested. 

A crackdown on nominees has been talked about every 5 years or so since I’ve lived here. Through civilian and military governments. And after a backlash from real estate developers, chambers of commerce, etc they backed down each time. It’s nothing new. 

is this a joke? you cant google in Thai to see what

was said at these rallies ,protests and marches. The thai press were quoting and laughing, calling them dinosaurs from the 1970's.

Their quotes were also repeated in the suthep shutdown show

these are highly racist protests, i lived near to one on aree at the inland revenue. Every night people on stage racist words against foreigners, against, against those that were. beneath them in their entitled minds.

The quotes on the 5 year shutdown and foreigners out csme from the one day rally at the national stadium. 

its a show not for our benefit but for those thousands and even 100's of thousands of protesters who were cheerng at the racist and singing along to the nationalist songs

this is their audience for this show 

5 hours ago, Donaldo said:

This whole witch hunt has convinced me even more not to choose Thailand as my retirement home.

Again, I feel that Thai politics have a very racist bias. I am quite sure that a lot of the Thai people do not share that attitude, but the message from the government is definitely different. I think that a lot of countries should make life on Thai citizens equally difficult. No ownership of land, practically unable to work, 90 day reporting, officially endorsed double pricing and a long etc. The country I now live in is inundated with Thai nationals who abuse the lax visa policies to set up shady massage practices and giving nothing back to the country in which they live and work.  

So from what I read it is the country that you are now living in ,  due to their lax policies, that are allowing Thais to live and work.  That is exactly what the Thai authorities would like to stop here.  So the fault lies with your own country for allowing it, not Thailand.  And what is wrong with living in any country so long as your abide by the rules ? surely that is the way to go ?

13 minutes ago, humbug said:

was said at these rallies ,protests and marches. The thai press were quoting and laughing, calling them dinosaurs from the 1970's.

Their quotes were also repeated in the suthep shutdown show

these are highly racist protests, i lived near to one on aree at the inland revenue. Every night people on stage racist words against foreigners, against, against those that were. beneath them in their entitled minds.

The quotes on the 5 year shutdown and foreigners out csme from the one day rally at the national stadium. 

its a show not for our benefit but for those thousands and even 100's of thousands of protesters who were cheerng at the racist and singing along to the nationalist songs

this is their audience for this show 

Remember this well-  I listened o the speakers and the tone of their comments was raucous; vulgar and playing to the base instincts of people.  However, eve when I was near a rally and had to pass by a mob- there was no animosity towards me as a individual and I never felt threatened.

In Thailand- which is often xenophobic-  foreigners throughout the decades have often been portrayed as the bogeyman who is coming to steal the land and jobs.  It obfuscates the reality of what is actually going on.  

To be fair- other countries often use foreigners as their straw-men to get the support of Nation list public's and votes.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Thaidream said:

Remember this well-  I listened o the speakers and the tone of their comments was raucous; vulgar and playing to the base instincts of people.  However, eve when I was near a rally and had to pass by a mob- there was no animosity towards me as a individual and I never felt threatened.

In Thailand- which is often xenophobic-  foreigners throughout the decades have often been portrayed as the bogeyman who is coming to steal the land and jobs.  It obfuscates the reality of what is actually going on.  

To be fair- other countries often use foreigners as their straw-men to get the support of Nation list public's and votes.

its a show, its their to play to the crowd, there are underlying messages too, from what they say and what they really mean to do. I found the messages on stage deeply racist along with the nationalist songs. I am sure many millions of other Thais found it offensive and vile too.As i walked around the area, no-one ever shouted or copied what they heard on stage at me. After all its a show. 

the media frenzy on joker boy actions is another show to the same audience. Its not for our benefit or the benefit of rule of law as another poster mentioned

9 hours ago, brucec64 said:

Everybody settle down. He is Immigration and house nominee ownership is under the land department. BJ is going after thai nominees hiring foreigners, not your homes. Dont transfer to the gf just yet, you probably have a better chance of keeping the house by keeping ut in the company.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Even better chances of hanging onto it if you bought a condo or rented; or for the very few rare ones, became a citizen.

23 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

If they just stopped them queue jumping then I’d be happy !!

When you have been in Immigration for...well... forever !! and it it’s getting close to your turn and some smarmy lady walks into Immigration wais all the IO’s and on the premise of asking a simple question sits down next to some bemused farang and while still “ chatting “ pushes her huge pile of passports and papers over the desk to be served next !! Happened to me twice last week !!

Okay, morning rant over emoji51.png

Yeah! Seen that happen a number of times.  A great description of exactly how it happens.

On 10/5/2018 at 7:54 AM, The Deerhunter said:

All these guys that have asked for advice on this forum over the years about buying a house here with a nominee and been told by so many that it was not really legal no matter who tells them, and not to do it.  Big Joke has not said he is going after corrupt illegal home ownership, YET!!!   But imagine being deported and in worst case scenario banned, after spending X million baht to buy a house that some legal local person now owns and possesses the important 51% of.  Not a good situation to be in.  Possibly always waiting for a knock on the door.

How is home ownership an immigration issue?

On 10/4/2018 at 10:17 PM, Esso49 said:

I bet they're busy preparing brown envelopes as we speak.

15 hours ago, Thaidream said:

Indeed they do.  Brexit and Trump are good examples.

4 hours ago, Derek B said:

How is home ownership an immigration issue?

Because he is checking up on fraudulent nominees.  House (not condo) ownership by the use of a nominee is illegal.  It is apparently NOT the grey area that some would like to think.  Therefore every house owned by a farang through a nominee is questionably a fraudulent transaction.  Not too hard a stretch that in perusing the records of some of these shonky Thai business nominees they find that they are also registered as owners of a number of houses and 51% shareholding stakes in numerous nonprofit companies that only own houses.  This could open inquiries on those transactions too and then possibly follow through to open the floodgates on some thousands of these home ownership nominee transactions as they do appear to all be actually illegal.   Other posters see the connection too.  In my opinion as this is so widely practised and so widely known that it was ever only a matter of time before someone got all interested in it.

Edited by The Deerhunter
  • Like 1