Visa For Thai To The U.s.

Hi All,

I've done the search and cannot find any information on a visa facilitator. I'm looking at attempting to bring my long time TG friend for a visit, now that I'm stuck in the states for a while. Is this do able, I realize it my take a year or so, but would like to get the ball rolling with assistance from a facilitator. It's either that or take the marriage plunge and well I'd rather wait a while (another 50 years or so :o )

Thanks in advance

At best a "visa facilitator" will only help with filling out the form, which is easy to do yourself. Problem with trying to bring a GF to visit you is getting over the presumption that you are trying to short circuit the immigration process by her coming to US on tourist visa and than marrying and applying for change of status. Best if she tries for the visa herself with mentioning she has a BF in the US. The consulate web site has some good tips on types of proof of intent to return.

TH

Hi All,

I've done the search and cannot find any information on a visa facilitator. I'm looking at attempting to bring my long time TG friend for a visit, now that I'm stuck in the states for a while. Is this do able, I realize it my take a year or so, but would like to get the ball rolling with assistance from a facilitator. It's either that or take the marriage plunge and well I'd rather wait a while (another 50 years or so :o )

Thanks in advance

Try this link from the US Embassy site in

Thailand.

http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/services/visa/NIVChecklist.pdf

I am headed there today myself to gather indformation.

This is from the site too.

Visa Information For Temporary Visitors

Temporary visitors to the U.S. must comply with U.S. visa immigration law and specific procedures to apply for your visa. Click on the links below for more information on forms to use for visa applications, photograph requirements and more. Based on law, not everyone will receive a visa to come to the U.S. Learn about denials, ineligibilities and waivers. Note as well that we have provided links to other government websites that provide additional information.

If your destination is the U.S., please watch the brief visa video available below, which explains new visa policies and procedures for visitors to the United States -- a nation with secure borders and open doors.

Apply Early

Automatic Re-entry (Valid Form I-94)

Canada, Mexico and Bermuda Applications

Countries Which Have Limited or No Visa Services

Denials

Ineligibilities and Waivers

Lost/Stolen Documents

Photograph Requirements

Processing (Travelers From State Sponsors of Terrorism)

Visitor (B-1) Business Visa Information- Business Visa Center

Waivers - Exchange Visitor Foreign Residence

What "Visa Expiration Date" means

The above are links on the site.

I believe this is the VISA she would need.

B-2 Temporary visitor for pleasure INA Section 101(a)(15)(:D 8 CFR 214.2(:D

"The United States is committed to what Secretary Powell has called the policy of "secure borders, open doors," by facilitating legitimate travel to the United States by international visitors while maintaining the integrity and security of our borders and our nation. Laws passed after September 11, 2001 focused ways to improve border security in the United States. To learn more, select Safety and Security of U.S. Borders

Most visa applicants can expect to be interviewed and must now have two index fingerscans collected as part of the visa application process. These fingerscans are normally collected by the consular officer at the visa interview window, but in some posts they are collected prior to the visa interview.

In addition to being satisfied that the applicant intends to honor the terms of the visa by returning home, the consular officer must evaluate the security risk presented by the applicant. We carefully examine all applications. Visa applications take longer to process. This affects all nonimmigrant visas. Advance planning can smooth the visa application process for you."

Hope this helps.

Good Luck

Edited by PuaSai