Honda CB650 Neo sport cafe project

Pepper9187

After the CB1000 last year, honda develloped a "Neo sport cafe" version of the CB650F project.

There's not much details about the specs, it should have the Cbr650 engine, but tweaked or not ? we can only see the different exhaust / fork.

There's no official launch date yet, but since they have already done it with the CBR1000, we can assume they will actually develop this model pretty soon.

For the rest it's.... confusing, i don't know if i like it or hate it yet, i hate the tail (too short) and the headlight ???? that's for sure, what about you ?

honda-neo-sports-cafe-concept-cb650r.jpg

More pictures here : https://www.rideapart.com/articles/268485/honda-neo-sports-cafe-concept/

Edited by Pepper9187

1 hour ago, Pepper9187 said:

since they have already done it with the CBR1000, we can assume they will actually develop this model pretty soon.

For the rest it's.... confusing, i don't know if i like it or hate it yet, i hate the tail (too short) and the headlight ???? that's for sure, what about you ?

The CB1000F isn't based on the CBR1000RR, well not the new model at least. It has its own chassis and an older version of the engine but a bit re-tuned. Saw and sat on it, wasn't too impressed with some things like the huge blocky radiator and the visible plastic bottle in the rear - reminds me of my water pressure cleaner. Other things I liked. But overall it's kinda not here and not there and left me cold. I usually like Honda and imho they had a lot more potential with the bike. Haven't done a testride yet though, maybe I'll be positively surprised.

Regarding this concept: it's very likely a bit far from how a production version would look like. It doesn't even have any kind of dashboard ???? It is pretty much guaranteed though that they'll bring a production bike. Their whole naked bike range will look the same then.