Multiple applications for visit visa to UK

Good people of the forums ????

My in law's (mother, sister and a couple of her kids) are planning to come to the UK for a 2 week trip.  It's been a while since I helped out with any tourist visa applications and it seems the the visa types and application process has had a bit of a revamp.

Online application has been around a while, but previously you could log in to the 'portal', fill in multiple applications and submit and pay when you are ready.  Unless I'm mistaken it now seems that you can only fill in the details for one person at any time (ie you have to go through the form, submit and pay before moving on to applicant number 2).  Is that correct?  If so, do you also need to arrange the VFS appointment at the time of payment / application?  Since the form filling is somewhat time consuming and there are 4 applications to get through I'm concerned they'll end up with different appointment times (or even dates!)

...hoping I'm mistaken - seems like a backwards step if not!

I've applied for 7 Visitor Visas in the last 14 years, and that's a good question.

I'm sure children of the applicant can be included on the same application.

For different family members I'm sure you have to make separate applications, because they could have different Mothers and Fathers, different travel histories and may have been refused or deported from other Countries, the details of which are all required.

At the end of the application form, you'll be taken to separate pages to;

1. Make the payment.

2. Book an appointment at a VFS centre.

If your completing the application, you'll need to collate all their personal details in advance.

If all their names and addresses are correctly spelt on their ID, it would be a miracle - good luck!

Thanks Tanoshi!

I've managed to get a better understanding of the online form.  For those that would like to know how to fill in multiple forms and 'save' their progress you have to hit 'return to this application later'

It will take you to this page - I suggest you email yourself the link and you'll get a mail with the applicant's name in the subject

resumeRedacted.jpg.d4041e162d0774cf2516614c16e413a7.jpg

Then sign out and start with a fresh application

Is it just me or is that not at all intuitive? ... very different from what it was last time I did this (where it was clear you could access multiple applications through one user account)

They started trialling a new application system a couple of years ago.

The application page used to say along the lines of, if your a tourist apply here, or if your a family member apply here, offering links to the old and new application sites. It's over a year since we last applied.

Looking at the page now, it appears the trial is over and everyone completes on the new site.

Archived