After fight that split U.S., Kavanaugh wins place on Supreme Court

rooster59

32 minutes ago, farcanell said:

Ummm..... your constitution is based on British law... your founding fathers modeled America on Europe... and you even speak a version of English... so.... that ships sailed. Y’all need to unmake americas English / European identity.

your last sentence, given americas track record, perhaps starting with killing 2% of your own population during the civil war ( vs 0.3% during WW2), or its willingness (historically supported... by using them!) to use nuclear weapons, unlike other nations, is indicative of extreme ignorance

extreme ignorance.... which brings us back to the rest of your post, under the accepted standard of a lie in one thing is a lie in all things. (Mmmm.... before I get confused emojis... substitute lie with ignorance ????)

but credit were credit is due.... he is entertaining.

if it weren't for Trump and Farage the last 3 years of politics would have been a total drag . . .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, farcanell said:

Ergo.... investigate transparently... seems obvious really

Perhaps she should make an actual police complaint if she believes she has grounds?  Seems obvious really.  The FBI does not investigate cases such as her allegations, they did what they were told to do for Congress.  

It seems that women with very dodgy accusations rarely want to report them to the police.  Wonder why?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 10/7/2018 at 9:12 PM, Nyezhov said:

No it means that the agents determined that interviewing a person who already testified under oath would be a waste of resources OR alternatively, were CORRECTLY prevented from doing so by the "complainants" counsel.

10% of the Washington, D.C. population are lawyers - including Mr. Kavanaugh.

As the story goes, a teenager went tearfully to her mother and asked " Can you get pregnant with anal sex?" Her mother replied " Of course you can. Where do you think lawyers come from?"

When Trump said he was going to drain the swamp, he omitted to mention he would restock the land reclaimed from alligators with wolves.

Edited by Lacessit
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On ‎10‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 12:31 PM, lovelomsak said:

I cannot understand the mentality of most Americans.

A woman alleges a man sexually assaulted her makes problems for the country and divides the country. The man is found innocent  of allegations. But the man is still to blame for the problems crated. What a bunch of  crap.

Ford should be held accountable for the damage she did to the unity of her country. She caused the trouble  that divided America and is not held accountable. But no still every one goes after Kavanagh. Pure bullying of men.Also the lowest politics can go.

Agree. Kavenaugh should sue her for slander, but I guess he's being diplomatic, as that would really upset the liberals, not that that would worry me.

Perhaps someone else can sue her for some related charge.

Regardless, she has to live under guard as she and her family have had death threats, so by her actions, she has damaged her own, her children's, and her husband's life, divided the nation, caused havoc and anarchy on the streets, and didn't even achieve the aim of it all. I think the effect of "coming out" has probably been worse than living with it.

However, I have no doubt that had she not come out with her tale of woe, someone else would have done so, as the opposition are doing everything they can to cripple Trump's agenda. Happily, they have failed, yet again.

Hopefully, the elections will be another massive fail for the Dems and the GOP will win a larger majority, and Trump can finally give Sessions the boot.

• Like 1

On 10/8/2018 at 12:58 PM, Just Weird said:

Perhaps she should make an actual police complaint if she believes she has grounds?  Seems obvious really.  The FBI does not investigate cases such as her allegations, they did what they were told to do for Congress.  

It seems that women with very dodgy accusations rarely want to report them to the police.  Wonder why?

Maybe I can help you: given that it is 2018 and victims of sexual assault STILL have to fight against victim- blaming tactics...how do YOU think, the following scenario would have plaid out in the 80's: a 15 year old woman (or rather: girl), who was at a party with older boys and alcohol (which she drank, but was not allowed to drink, but...hey...teenagers!), reports that was sexually assaulted at said party, by a rich college- boy!

Let me help you: most likely her parents would have a problem, with her daughter going to a party with older boys and consuming alcohol!

Said alcohol might be a HUGE point in the questioning by the police! 

The Kavanaugh- family would have been all over her!

15 year old...what was she doing with our good boy and she was drunk...and probably dressed in a slutty way!

Now...she got away from her assaulters, before something worse happened and she knew, she would be facing all kinds of scrutiny, so she decided NOT to go to the police!

And YOU and others of your ilk pretend, not to understand that!?

Still wonder why?

Amazing!

In a very disgusting way!

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, DM07 said:

Maybe I can help you: given that it is 2018 and victims of sexual assault STILL have to fight against victim- blaming tactics...how do YOU think, the following scenario would have plaid out in the 80's: a 15 year old woman (or rather: girl), who was at a party with older boys and alcohol (which she drank, but was not allowed to drink, but...hey...teenagers!), reports that was sexually assaulted at said party, by a rich college- boy!

Let me help you: most likely her parents would have a problem, with her daughter going to a party with older boys and consuming alcohol!

15 year old...what was she doing with our good boy and she was drunk...and probably dressed in a slutty way!

Now...she got away from her assaulters, before something worse happened and she knew, she would be facing all kinds of scrutiny, so she decided NOT to go to the police!

Still wonder why?

Amazing!

I,understand that just fine. Except I don't believe Dr.Fords  story.I found her testimony to be a manipulative act.

I'll let nancy pelosi explain it to you 

52 minutes ago, DM07 said:

Still wonder why?

Amazing!

Thanks, but clearly I don't need any help from you!

That woman could go to the police, not congress, now to report the alleged but she hasn't, has she?  Wonder why? 

That woman had no corroboration of any kind of her allegation that she had to read from a script (!) , not even from her best friend!  Wonder why?

Amazing that you claim to know so much about this woman and her motives and reasons!

11 minutes ago, Srinivas said:

I,understand that just fine. Except I don't believe Dr.Fords  story.I found her testimony to be a manipulative act.

I'll let nancy pelosi explain it to you 

I don't care, if you believe her or not!

And that is not the point!

The question put forth (repeatedly by the Trumpsters and Kavanaugh Fanboys) was, why (if the sexual assault happened) did Dr. Ford not consult the police, right away!

I was just helping the dried up fantasy of another poster out!

Didn't help, as i see!

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Agree. Kavenaugh should sue her for slander, but I guess he's being diplomatic, as that would really upset the liberals, not that that would worry me.

Regardless, she has to live under guard as she and her family have had death threats, so by her actions, she has damaged her own, her children's, and her husband's life, divided the nation, caused havoc and anarchy on the streets, and didn't even achieve the aim of it all. I think the effect of "coming out" has probably been worse than living with it.

However, I have no doubt that had she not come out with her tale of woe, someone else would have done so, as the opposition are doing everything they can to cripple Trump's agenda. Happily, they have failed, yet again.

Hopefully, the elections will be another massive fail for the Dems and the GOP will win a larger majority, and Trump can finally give Sessions the boot.

Doesnt she have a nice fat Go Fund Me?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Thanks, but clearly I don't need any help from you!

That woman could go to the police, not congress, now to report the alleged but she hasn't, has she?  Wonder why? 

That woman had no corroboration of any kind of her allegation that she had to read from a script (!) , not even from her best friend!  Wonder why?

Amazing that you claim to know so much about this woman and her motives and reasons!

a) you need all the help, you can get!

b ) she did not report ANYTHING! She wrote a letter to a person on the committee and even asked for anonymity! Mrs. Feinstein (or one of her aids) leaked the letter to the press. 

So if you want to attack Dr. Ford, try and stick to the facts!

c) Reading from a script is a problem? May I remind you, that the pathetic opening statement from Kavanaugh was on script too?! And what a disaster that turned out to be!

d) I don't claim to know anything about "that woman"! I just try to understand reasons for her behavior! It's a mix between logical conclusions and empathy!

Maybe try either- you might find it helpful!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

"Agree. Kavenaugh should sue her for slander,..." Ooooooh...yesyesyesyesyes...pleeeeease!

The guy who categorically denied to have an FBI- investigation going, should ABSOLUTELY sue Dr. Ford for slander! Toooootally!

But you are right: he is too diplomatic!

Like that one time, when he shouted at the Democrats and accused the Clintons to be behind the whole thing!

That was awesomely diplomatic! 

...and the rest of your post is as well thought out!

Good work!

:cheesy:

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, DM07 said:

a) you need all the help, you can get!

b ) she did not report ANYTHING! She wrote a letter to a person on the committee and even asked for anonymity! Mrs. Feinstein (or one of her aids) leaked the letter to the press. 

So if you want to attack Dr. Ford, try and stick to the facts!

c) Reading from a script is a problem? May I remind you, that the pathetic opening statement from Kavanaugh was on script too?! And what a disaster that turned out to be!

d) I don't claim to know anything about "that woman"! I just try to understand reasons for her behavior! It's a mix between logical conclusions and empathy!

Maybe try either- you might find it helpful!

I'll just stick to the facts, then.

a)  That's just your uninformed opinion, I can confirm that it is wrong.

b)  Yes, she was.  She was reporting the incident under oath to Congress.

c)  Yes, it is.  If it was her personal memory why would she need a script?  Kavanaugh's statement was obviously a prepared statement, by definition!  May I remind you that he wasn't trying to recall doubtful events from the past to accuse someone of something that probably never happened and to destroy her life, as she was.

d)  How can you have empathy for a woman in a situation that you have never experienced or empathy for a woman who could not corroborate her disgusting allegation?  Do you know what empathy is?  Try looking it up, you may find it helpful!

2 minutes ago, DM07 said:

"Agree. Kavenaugh should sue her for slander,..." Ooooooh...yesyesyesyesyes...pleeeeease!

The guy who categorically denied to have an FBI- investigation going, should ABSOLUTELY sue Dr. Ford for slander! Toooootally!

But you are right: he is too diplomatic!

Like that one time, when he shouted at the Democrats and accused the Clintons to be behind the whole thing!

That was awesomely diplomatic! 

...and the rest of your post is as well thought out!

Good work!

:cheesy:

Good grief...

3 minutes ago, DM07 said:

Oh dear...

a) yeah...well...

b ) after the letter was made public, which was NOT her personal wish and intend!

c) The fact, that it was her personal experience and memory, make her suspicious for writing things down, most likely in order to keep them...well... in order?

If I would be in front of a committee like that, you can be sure, I would write down what I had for lunch on that day, in order not to #$@% up anything!

That is grasping for straws, if I have ever seen it!

And he didn't need to recall anything: he had the magic calendar!

d) well...you were trying to derail her argument, by pretending not to understand, why she didn't go to the police right away, if her allegations were true!

I merely wanted to help out with an idea, why that might have happened (which included empathy for women in similar situations, in general!) and I believe her.

"...and I believe her".

Can you give one rational reason why you believe her completely uncorroborated story?

You still need to understand what "empathy" means.

2 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

"...and I believe her".

Can you give one rational reason why you believe her completely uncorroborated story?

You still need to understand what "empathy" means.

"Empathy: the ability to understand and share the feelings of another."

...and that is wrong...because....?!

I can give you a number of rational reasons- not that you will let any of these stand...

- he was completely opposed to an FBI- investigation

- there are 2 more accusations

- many of his own character witnesses turned on him

- he lied repeatedly under oath, on things that were nowhere near as bad as the allegations and i wonder why

- his completely unhinged opening statement

- the way he treated that woman senator (i can't remember her name), who asked her about his drinking habits....

Enough or do you need more?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, DM07 said:

The question put forth (repeatedly by the Trumpsters and Kavanaugh Fanboys) was, why (if the sexual assault happened) did Dr. Ford not consult the police, right away!

why is it necessary to be insulting to folks who dont agree with you? Especially when you lack knowledge of US law and custom in terms of the evaluation of credibility.

Edited by Nyezhov

20 hours ago, DM07 said:

"Empathy: the ability to understand and share the feelings of another."

...and that is wrong...because....?!

I can give you a number of rational reasons- not that you will let any of these stand...

- he was completely opposed to an FBI- investigation

- there are 2 more accusations

- many of his own character witnesses turned on him

- he lied repeatedly under oath, on things that were nowhere near as bad as the allegations and i wonder why

- his completely unhinged opening statement

- the way he treated that woman senator (i can't remember her name), who asked her about his drinking habits....

Enough or do you need more?

No, that's not sufficient but I really don't want any more unless you understand what you're posting.

Your use of the word "empathy" is wrong because empathy suggests that you have had the same experiences in order that you have that feeling.  Perhaps you meant "sympathy", originally.

I asked if you had any rational reason for you to believe the woman whom you know nothing about at all and who produced no corroborating evidence of her swiss cheese-like story. Seems that you haven't.  I didn't ask you why you didn't believe Kavanaugh! 

By the way, it seems that she probably lied under oath also and she started it!

25 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

No, that's not sufficient but I really don't want any more unless you understand what you're posting.

Your use of the word "empathy" is wrong because empathy suggests that you have had the same experiences in order that you have that feeling.  Perhaps you meant "sympathy", originally.

I asked if you had any rational reason for you to believe the woman whom you know nothing about at all and who produced no corroborating evidence of her swiss cheese-like story. Seems that you haven't.  I didn't ask you why you didn't believe Kavanaugh! 

By the way, it seems that she probably lied under oath also and she started it!

Yeah...okay, I really have other things to do, then to answer to your BS- posts!

The empathy- description I sent you...I didn't pull that out my @$$, like so many things you write!

This is actually the dictionary description you get, when you type the term "EMPATHY" into google!

"...understand and share the feeling..." - not "understand and share the experience..."

So...you are wrong!

I believe HER, because HE was completely "unbelievable".

She gave a composed (not unemotional) description, answered straight to the point and to the question of the senators and their token- woman prosecutor, she asked for a complete and thorough FBI- investigation (which - I assume- you don't do, if you are making up $4!t!), whereas he lied, fumbled, stumbled and was condescending to women- senators!

If you want to dismiss my points on a technicality (and I knew, you would do that, because that is textbook rightwingtrumpkavanaughapologist), so be it!

Enjoy your victory - lap!

Edited by DM07