Whats with the Sniffers?

Nyezhov

4 hours ago, DiDiChok said:

Tiffy Dey - ฿6 a pack or you can buy them in 25 pack boxes from your local pharmacy in Thailand.  500 mg Paracetamol, 2 mg Chlorpheniramine Maleate, 10 mg Phenlephrine HCL.  Use for symptomatic relief of common cold associated with nasal congestion, runny nose, sneezing, headache and fever.  Personally, I find them very good for runny noses and chesty coughs. Maximum dose 8 tablets in 24 hours (4 grams of paracetamol).  As with any paracetamol, exceed that & go straight to hospital within 24 hours to have your life saved or you may die most horribly 4 days or so later - and I mean horribly.

Tiffy.jpg

How the f__k do you get those up your nose ...

• Haha 2

Allium Cepa in 200k dosage that seems a decent dosage for general use....3 little balls under the tongue once a day on empty stomach in the morning...worked wonders for me.....the hardest in this is to find a decent and honest homeopathic pharmacy in your area. I always bring in mine from abroad during the winter break in Thailand.

On 10/8/2018 at 3:47 PM, Nyezhov said:

yeah this one I bought has the dual purpose.

whats with the temple rubbing, I have some fiery wintergreeny liquid that has a chinese fat dude on it. Should I rub my temples with that?

Relieves headache

They were MUCH more prevalent in the past. My gf's mom even made some for us to use.

Thais do seem to pay a lot of attention to their noses. I think it's eucalyptus and camphor. If I remember correctly.

Also back in the day they would cover their face with powder. I was told it was made from wood but don't know. So you would see mostly woman and children walk around with heavy white powder on their faces. Still can see some in Burma.

2 hours ago, elgenon said:

Also back in the day they would cover their face with powder. I was told it was made from wood but don't know. So you would see mostly woman and children walk around with heavy white powder on their faces. Still can see some in Burma.

I saw that up in Nonthaburi at the market.

my wife suffers from nasal congestion so she uses them at times, in fact I noticed I started to suffer nasal congestion a lot more over the years since I have been here so at time I also use hers. Nasal congestion and simply the smells here in thailand from vehicle emissions and the stench of the rubbish, stinking canals etc would be enough to have people reaching for them. Overall I do think that nasal congestion due to all the crap in the air is the main cause for their use though, you only have to look at all the people picking their noses to realize how bad it is for many but I am sure there are those that simply like the smell/feeling they get sniffing them

• Like 1