1 more visa excempt or toursist visa?

Hello,  I am not sure If I should go to Laos and get a tourist visa or do a second border run to get another visa excempt? I flew here in April 2018 no visa, got a 90 days stamp (bilateral agreement passport) then I did 1 border run to Cambodia and got another 90 days.  I would like to stay until January 2019. 

Because I have been here already for a while, will I have any problems with immigration if I do another border run to Cambodia ( to get another 90 days)?  Or should I just go to Laos to avoid problems?

Many thanks to all

Edited by oldskoolbeatz
  • Like 1

Given you have a bilateral agreement, and this is less common, we don't have as many reports to work from as to when/if this is permitted.  Agree with EV, above, that a TR Visa is much less likely to be a problem. 

However you return, be sure to avoid the Poipet/Aranya border to Cambodia.  Any other land-border should not be a problem entering with a Tourist Visa.

The issue of those with 90-day exempts was touched on here (below), but 3rd party reports:

Edited by JackThompson
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, YogaVeg said:

Good question. That TV sure is a better value if you can use the days.

I've noticed it's cheap to fly to Vietnam too...

If I could squeeze 1 more visa excempt, (my second by border run to Cambodia this year) I would prefer that option. But I would hate to be denied entry at the border for staying here so long already on visa excempts. Looks like Laos for a tourist visa it will most probably be.

I find it significant that visa run companies mostly seem not to accommodate people who want to get 90-day visa exempt entries. That certainly suggests immigration is stricter about providing those when there is not a significant gap between trips to Thailand. Get a tourist visa.