Jump to content

Kiss! Easy-peasy Multiple Non-O-Visa Savannakhet


Recommended Posts

38 minutes ago, Media1 said:

Was it same day or did you have to stay overnight ?

Apply the morning of one day and pick up the next afternoon.

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, DavoTheGun said:

It will be very interesting to see if it continues.

They have been doing them for a least 6 years now so I don't think they will stop issuing the multiple entry non-o visas.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

They have been doing them for a least 6 years now so I don't think they will stop issuing the multiple entry non-o visas.

What I meant was the Married Visa, without Financials? also, does Laos Visa still take up the whole page, or just a stamp now?

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, DavoTheGun said:

What I meant was the Married Visa, without Financials? also, does Laos Visa still take up the whole page, or just a stamp now?

Why would they change. The majority of embassies and consulates in the world do not ask for financial proof and the MFA website does no mention it.

Same full page sticker for the Lao VOA.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

Why would they change. The majority of embassies and consulates in the world do not ask for financial proof and the MFA website does no mention it.

Same full page sticker for the Lao VOA.

How long is the Lao Visa good for, what happens when you go out every 90 Days? another Visa?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone,

 

Do you think it is a good idea to go to Savannakhet to get education visa for children ?

I was there once with another problem, but stuff was unfamiliar with requirements and they sent me to the capital.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, DavoTheGun said:

How long is the Lao Visa good for, what happens when you go out every 90 Days? another Visa?

A Lao VOA only allows one 30 day entry. Every time you enter Laos to get a new 90 day entry you would need a new VOA for Laos.

You can apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife for any of the 90 day entries from the visa.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, plus7 said:

Hi everyone,

 

Do you think it is a good idea to go to Savannakhet to get education visa for children ?

I was there once with another problem, but stuff was unfamiliar with requirements and they sent me to the capital.

 

I see no reason for the consulate not to issue a non-ed visa for children attending school. It would only require documents from the school and the ministry of education. Most schools would know what is needed.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

A Lao VOA only allows one 30 day entry. Every time you enter Laos to get a new 90 day entry you would need a new VOA for Laos.

You can apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife for any of the 90 day entries from the visa.

 

 

So every year you finish up with 4 or more pages used in the Passport, Hmmm, think I will stick with doing Married Extension in Thailand, Thanks for your help Joe!

Link to post
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, DavoTheGun said:

A Lao VOA only allows one 30 day entry. Every time you enter Laos to get a new 90 day entry you would need a new VOA for Laos.

You can apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife for any of the 90 day entries from the visa.

 

31 minutes ago, DavoTheGun said:

So every year you finish up with 4 or more pages used in the Passport, Hmmm, think I will stick with doing Married Extension in Thailand, Thanks for your help Joe!

That thought has run through my mind as well. My current passport has eight years to run. Doing it this way, it will only last 3 years and there's me, hauling my butt down to Trendy once again.

 

Yup, Savannakhet is a 'last resort' option for me, despite the ease of it.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I asked this in another topic but I didn't get a reply so apologies for repeating myself.

I'm on a Non-O visa that expires 8th November.

However my current visa stamp from my last border hop gives me admittance until 26th Oct.

If I do another border hop will they give me 3 months or will I have to renew my Non-O visa in early Nov regardless? I'm just trying to plan the best course of action..

Edited by akirasan
Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, akirasan said:

If I do another border hop will they give me 3 months or will I have to renew my Non-O visa in early Nov regardless? I'm just trying to plan the best course of action..

You will get a new 90 day entry. 

If you did it on the 26th you would be stamped in until the 23rd of January. You could apply for a 60 day extension of that 90 days to visit your wife which would mean you would not need to get a new visa until March.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You will get a new 90 day entry. 

If you did it on the 26th you would be stamped in until the 23rd of January. You could apply for a 60 day extension of that 90 days to visit your wife which would mean you would not need to get a new visa until March.

Thanks Joe, really appreciate your knowledge and advice.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...