For Sale: Honda Cb-1 400cc Excellent Condition

Bates

Hi guys,

since I'm about to move abroad back to where I came from (with the misses this time :D)

I would like to sell my fantastic bike. I've bought it from a shop in Chiangmai ( a Thai friend of mine ) in November around the 20th. I've been driving it a few times between Mae Sot and Chiangmai, but mainly been driving with it in Chiangmai. The meter shows around 19500km and absolutely everything has been checked.

The only problem I had in the beginning was the power generator that broke down in the first week, this has been replaced and since then not one problem with it. Absolutely love this bike but unfortunately can't take it with me :o

The bike is available beginning April (my only transportation right now)

Price for sale: 45.000 ฿

The bike hasn't been registered.

Several pics on request, contact davyinthailand (at) gmail.com

Hi guys,

since I'm about to move abroad back to where I came from (with the misses this time :D )

I would like to sell my fantastic bike. I've bought it from a shop in Chiangmai ( a Thai friend of mine ) in November around the 20th. I've been driving it a few times between Mae Sot and Chiangmai, but mainly been driving with it in Chiangmai. The meter shows around 19500km and absolutely everything has been checked.

The only problem I had in the beginning was the power generator that broke down in the first week, this has been replaced and since then not one problem with it. Absolutely love this bike but unfortunately can't take it with me :o

The bike is available beginning April (my only transportation right now)

Price for sale: 45.000 ฿

The bike hasn't been registered.

Several pics on request, contact davyinthailand (at) gmail.com

Hi there,

Yes, i am keen to know more about it. Just sent you an email about an hour ago at your Gmail. Have you got it yet? Here is my email: [email protected].

Cheers!

Rgds,

Derek

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,

sorry about the delay, I was in Bangkok for about 2 weeks.

Derek, we've had contact in the meantime...

Sohb, CB-1's have been made between 1989 and 1991, so it's about 16 years old but still looks like new !

Pics on request

Greetings

@solent: The bike has an invoice from when I bought it, that's all the paper work I have. I don't really understand what the problem is.. I've never had any problems with the police, as long as you wear a helmet and have a valid driverslicense.

@mraitchison, I don't know on what you base your information but I know very well what the price of a CB-1 is and 45000 baht is not expensive for this beautifull bike with an engine in very good health! For those not convinced, here's a picture of it. Just to show you the excellent condition it is in. But I've seen from your profile you are trying to sell a 400cc bike also, so it's kinda low to start bashing someones sale... Goodluck with the 55000 ur asking...

DSC_0010.JPG

Edited by Bates

I was just wondering about getting the bike plated at a later date thats why I asked, and no, I don't think its priced too high, but I am looking for either a Super 4 or Hornet 600/900 though, so thanks anyway, good luck with the sale :o

I was just wondering about getting the bike plated at a later date thats why I asked, and no, I don't think its priced too high, but I am looking for either a Super 4 or Hornet 600/900 though, so thanks anyway, good luck with the sale :D

Plating this bike is possible.. although not really according to the 'rules'. But I say again, it is possible to register this bike with registration book and all paperwork.

Been thinking about buying a new bike when i'm in Belgium, but I guess i'd better start with buying a car first since it's so darn cold overthere in the winter :o

so there is no problem riding around on a bike that is not registered (plates) with no tax displayed.........

would it be possible to insure it? Its just that it looks lovely for the price but i had been told that its expensive getting bikes registered

A bike without a book but with import papers which have engine and frame numbers is about right. without those you cannot register the bike legally. To say its OK to ride round and get no hassle is OK till you do get some. With no book and no import papers to match the engine number and frame number Plod, MIB, police etc can just take your bike away and you can wave bye bye to 45,000 baht. Up to you!! I certainly wouldnt gamble on it. Registering a bike costs around70-80,000 baht.

IF YOU CANT DIVE! RIDE!

A bike without a book but with import papers which have engine and frame numbers is about right. without those you cannot register the bike legally. To say its OK to ride round and get no hassle is OK till you do get some. With no book and no import papers to match the engine number and frame number Plod, MIB, police etc can just take your bike away and you can wave bye bye to 45,000 baht. Up to you!! I certainly wouldnt gamble on it. Registering a bike costs around70-80,000 baht.

IF YOU CANT DIVE! RIDE!

:o:D

It is possible to insure this bike, simply because I have insurance for it :D I had no problem getting it in an ansurance office here in Chiangmai.

Ofcourse there is always a risk of getting caught by the police.. but comon, let's be honest... here up in the North I have been driving it for about 4 months now and wasn't stopped even 1 time ! As long as you wear a helmet you should be fine. Bangkok region is another story but as I told before, there is a way to get this bike registered legally, it just needs adjustments to the engine frame number. With the CB-1 book and the numbers changed it is possible to get it registered on your name. I apologize if this isn't a catholic way but then again is it fair that thai police gets bribes (even if you haven't done anything wrong?)

I have been driving for about 12 times up and down Chiangmai - Mae Sot (about 365km each way) and haven't encountered any problems. Let me tell you a funny story..

I just recieved the bike and at that time I lived in Mae Sot. So I had to ride it there, unfortunately there was a problem with the electric generator (which has ofcourse been replaced by now) and the engine stopped running right at a checkpoint about 15km before Mae Sot. What happened was that thai police saw what happened and even helped me push the bike to get it running in 2nd gear !!

What i'm trying to say is.. relax.. be nice, wear a helmet and IF they ask about it you can simply say that registration is underway (my friends bike drove 4 months without a plate, simply because he had to wait for the plates to be ready). That is ofcourse if you haven't register it via the non catholic way.

Registration is indeed very expensive (70.000 to 80.000 baht), the biggest cost is to get the registration book for your bike (which I said my friend has for 10.000 baht). Result: total cost to get it registered, around 20.000 baht

I would NEVER sell this beautifull bike if I didn't have to leave Thailand, it's simply a joy to ride on it. :o

I'd be happy to answer any other questions.

Kind regards

Bates

I hope you can sell the bike, but if not , and therefore cannot buy a new one in Belgium , my Pan Europe is for sale , registered in Belgium, and with all paperwork included!

No need to fear the cold winter here, it has handlebar heaters, and besides, winters are not as they used to be. I drove all winter with absolutely no problem.

I am selling because move to Thailand :opost-41404-1173211545_thumb.jpg

A Super4-400cc with no book at 45,000 - 60,000 is the standard price for an early to mid 90's

You are trying to tell me that an older model bike with no registration and invoice is worth more than it's replacement model with the same paper work

<deleted>

http://www.mocyc.com/store/detail.php?id=137433 - with plate - 40k

http://www.mocyc.com/store/detail.php?id=137433 - 45k

http://www.mocyc.com/store/detail.php?id=141748 - 58,000 super 4 '95

http://www.mocyc.com/store/detail.php?id=137436 - 48,000 '94

http://www.mocyc.com/store/detail.php?id=123629 - yamaha XJR 400 - 58,000

Your bike is over priced and aimed at taking money from foreigners.

Edited by mraitchison

@solent: The bike has an invoice from when I bought it, that's all the paper work I have. I don't really understand what the problem is.. I've never had any problems with the police, as long as you wear a helmet and have a valid driverslicense.

@mraitchison, I don't know on what you base your information but I know very well what the price of a CB-1 is and 45000 baht is not expensive for this beautifull bike with an engine in very good health! For those not convinced, here's a picture of it. Just to show you the excellent condition it is in. But I've seen from your profile you are trying to sell a 400cc bike also, so it's kinda low to start bashing someones sale... Goodluck with the 55000 ur asking...

DSC_0010.JPG

Gotta say that I contacted mraitchison about his bike when he ran an add a few months ago. There was no mention of any paperwork in his add. I sent him a PM because the photos of the bike were SO cherry, and I had some questions. He replied in detail to all my questions, making suggestions and recommendations regarding the condition, and state of the documentation.

The guy is extremely knowledgeable about bikes, and more importantly bikes in Thailand.

-O

P.S. I still want the bike he selling but I don't want to pay 70,000 baht over his asking price to get legal, or have a phony set of papers...unless he splits the cost with me!

Those are very hard words mraitchison...

I'm only asking a fair price for this bike as for what it's value is ! Price is negotiable (a bit). Mraitchison I would like to ask you to remove yourself from this topic. I find it extremely low to bash on other peoples sale.

From now on, only people who are interested in the buy of this bike, please contact me via private message.

Thank you

PS: 80% of the bikes with low price on mocyc have problems. I've searched for months on mocyc to find a nice bike.. none were actually meeting my requirements.

you could say that about any vehicle for sale in Thailand

6 yrs old pickups at more than 50 % cost of new??

3 yr old Honda Dreams only a few thousand less than a new one??

15 to 20 yr old caribbeans at prices that make you want to weep.

Its a supply and demand market. One farang will tend to sell to another - yes they will pay to much but they are hoping that it will be easier than trying to buy from a thai. Of course if you read, write and speak thai its easier to get bargains, however often the price will suddenly be "adjusted" upwards when they meet you and see you are a farang

By the way, it is extremely "poor frm" to basically highjack someones elses thread as they have a nice looking bike cheaper than yours for sale

who cares its its over priced, it looks nice and if not having a plate wasnt an issue here on Phuket at 45k or so I would buy it - you should see the shit that you get here for that price

A Super4-400cc with no book at 45,000 - 60,000 is the standard price for an early to mid 90's

You are trying to tell me that an older model bike with no registration and invoice is worth more than it's replacement model with the same paper work

<deleted>

http://www.mocyc.com/store/detail.php?id=137433 - with plate - 40k

http://www.mocyc.com/store/detail.php?id=137433 - 45k

http://www.mocyc.com/store/detail.php?id=141748 - 58,000 super 4 '95

http://www.mocyc.com/store/detail.php?id=137436 - 48,000 '94

http://www.mocyc.com/store/detail.php?id=123629 - yamaha XJR 400 - 58,000

mraitchison, as you obviously are not interested in the bike, maybe another thread would be more appropriate for you, but at the end of the day something that is for sale is worth what ever you get for it, and as you can see Mr.Bates motorbike is drawing attention, so I would suggest that others do not share your opinion, all due respect meant sir......

Edited by solent01

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No plates !! Simple..

My buddy has a plated but bad name on book bike (CB4) that he cant shift for 28k.. I think has has an unplated CBR 400 tri arm for even less (under 20).. You cant ride these things around where we are anymore, the constant shake downs make it impossible. 5 years ago it was a non issue. A plated but book missing XT250 here sold by my buddy for 10k.. Its a rare week your not stopped in a license check and no tax and insurance stickers are (from memory) 800 ish baht each.. Constantly handing out 1500 bahts to police checkpoints gets old fast. I am sure upcountry is different but here its not viable anymore.

Get it plated then you will get 'fair value' for it.. Otherwise no matter how nice it is it isnt worth anything. a 5k discount isnt going to change many minds IMO.

Also I have had nicer cleaner late model CBR 400's at only a hgair above your initial price.. Seen clean CB400's even at your reduced price.. And those had perfect books.. My feeling is you just wont sell it without them for anything more than a complete insult price. Bite the bullet and legalise it or realize your gonna walk away from it for nothing. If your buddy has a book that fits for 10k then do it, even then it still a bent book whose numbers will always look bad and could be a problem at sale time or even annual taxation.. I wouldnt touch one like that myself.

Thats what happens when you bend the rules by buying and riding unregged stuff.. Fine when it works until it doesnt work.

Edited by LivinLOS

40K is about right for one of these. A Thai friend was looking for one and he got one for 40K WITH book. I also got stopped last week in Bangkok at a police roadblock; they were stopping every bike passing, and the first thing they asked for was the book. I mean it was a case of running through all the things they could get you for until they found something. Went to the police station with the book and they did not bother even checking it; they just wanted the money. If you are not 100% clean with everything in order you are going to get alot of hassel from the police. TiT.

I am looking for a 2nd hand bike at the moment, and no one gets any money until: A: its passes my through mechanical checks, B: I see the ID of the owner and check all details in the book, C:I can change the name over at the Land Transport Dept to me. I hear now that at Chatuchak, etc, the Land Dept are now doing very throuough checks on vechicals changing ownership, so you could get a problem at this last step. Best be totally legal as the last poster stated.

Edited by MaiChai

I would love to have a CBR400 instead of a CBR150. The bike in the original post looks great. But if I'm making a wish list like MaiChai just did, it would go like this:

A. Good mechanicals, appearance, etc.

B. Legal. 100% legal, no doubt, for sure.

C. Reasonable certainty that I'd get one-day shop treatment for matching parts and excellent labor.

Which is why I don't ever expect to ride a CBR bigger than a 150.

40K is about right for one of these. A Thai friend was looking for one and he got one for 40K WITH book. I also got stopped last week in Bangkok at a police roadblock; they were stopping every bike passing, and the first thing they asked for was the book. I mean it was a case of running through all the things they could get you for until they found something. Went to the police station with the book and they did not bother even checking it; they just wanted the money. If you are not 100% clean with everything in order you are going to get alot of hassel from the police. TiT.

I am looking for a 2nd hand bike at the moment, and no one gets any money until: A: its passes my through mechanical checks, B: I see the ID of the owner and check all details in the book, C:I can change the name over at the Land Transport Dept to me. I hear now that at Chatuchak, etc, the Land Dept are now doing very throuough checks on vechicals changing ownership, so you could get a problem at this last step. Best be totally legal as the last poster stated.

You got fined for not having the book ??? Thats a new one on me as our MiB just check license and the two stickers.

Also as the finance company keeps the book I dont see how they can insist you carry it.

.... I also got stopped last week in Bangkok at a police roadblock; they were stopping every bike passing, and the first thing they asked for was the book. I mean it was a case of running through all the things they could get you for until they found something. Went to the police station with the book and they did not bother even checking it; they just wanted the money......

You got fined for not having the book ??? Thats a new one on me as our MiB just check license and the two stickers.

Also as the finance company keeps the book I dont see how they can insist you carry it.

Same here; I keep the book at my house, locked up, and the license plate is on the back, the two current stickers are on the windscreen; that's always been good enough. But since CBR150's are legal, they've never stopped me, except near the Burmese border.