6 month multi entry

Not posted before but now I received my marriage extension last month I am concerned for next year. This year I got letter from the Embassy because with my disability it is not easy to travel to a bank to get a letter. If the Embassy is stopping providing letters of confirmation what are the current regulations and option for getting an extension due to marriage ?  The reason I ask is that having read so many pages of this thread, but not all, most people are talking about a retirement extension which does not apply to me. I also seem to recall then when enquiring for this year I could either show 400000 baht in a Thai bank or alternatively show I had an income of 40000 per month which is the route I took. I may be confused but is it not the case that the 40000 per month can be income from anywhere ?

Sorry but been told I posted this in wrong one. This was my 1st post so could a moderator move to the correct one please

Edited by geoffbezoz

2 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

Not posted before but now I received my marriage extension last month I am concerned for next year. This year I got letter from the Embassy because with my disability it is not easy to travel to a bank to get a letter. If the Embassy is stopping providing letters of confirmation what are the current regulations and option for getting an extension due to marriage ?  The reason I ask is that having read so many pages of this thread, but not all, most people are talking about a retirement extension which does not apply to me. I also seem to recall then when enquiring for this year I could either show 400000 baht in a Thai bank or alternatively show I had an income of 40000 per month which is the route I took. I may be confused but is it not the case that the 40000 per month can be income from anywhere ?

Posted in the wrong topic mate.

11 minutes ago, Phuket Man said:

You can apply for a 30 day extension at Immigration. 1,900 Baht fee.

Thanks, PM. Does that mean I can get an extra 30 days after 6 months but still need to do 60-day border runs? Funny how it just got complicated.

6 minutes ago, mr.buffalo said:

Thanks, PM. Does that mean I can get an extra 30 days after 6 months but still need to do 60-day border runs? Funny how it just got complicated.

You can apply for a 30 day extension of each 60 day entry if you want to.

If you don't want the extension you can leave and re-enter the country to get a new 60 day entry as many times as you want to up to the date your visa expires.

If you do an entry on/or before the date it expires you can extend that 60 day entry for 30 days.

19 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You can apply for a 30 day extension of each 60 day entry if you want to.

If you don't want the extension you can leave and re-enter the country to get a new 60 day entry as many times as you want to up to the date your visa expires.

If you do an entry on/or before the date it expires you can extend that 60 day entry for 30 days.

Thanks, ubonjoe.

50 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

Sorry but been told I posted this in wrong one. This was my 1st post so could a moderator move to the correct one please

Posts cannot be moved. You can only do another post in the topic about the embassy not accepting a letter. But I doubt you will get an answer to you questions there. 

At this time I would not worry about it unless your extension is due around the time they say they will not do them any more. If you need one then you could get one now since immigration will accept them that are up to 6 months old.

At this time I would advise you to wait and see what happens.