Tourist visa extension for Indian national.

Hello guys,

I am from India and have been backpacking northern Thailand. 

I am here on a SETV and have a stamp for 60 days. I'd like to extend my stay for a bit longer. I was told that I will only get an extension for seven days and not one month. Can someone confirm this ? 

It would help me book a confirmed ticket before I head to immigration for the extension. 

More specifically is there a link to nationalities and tourist visa extensions given ? (Tried googling and searched the immigration site in vain)

2 hours ago, Respectheexperience said:

I am here on a SETV and have a stamp for 60 days. I'd like to extend my stay for a bit longer. I was told that I will only get an extension for seven days and not one month. Can someone confirm this ? 

Yes. They will not give a 30 day extension to Indian nationals.

Unfortunately, you cannot get an extension of your tourist entry as an Indian national. Your application for an extension, after paying 1,900 baht, will be denied, and you will be given seven days to leave the country. If you want to spend more time in Thailand, you will need to return to India and apply for a new tourist visa, or do an out/in by air (perhaps, to Kuala Lumpur) and hope you can get a 15-day visa on arrival if this would be sufficient time for you.

8 hours ago, Respectheexperience said:

More specifically is there a link to nationalities and tourist visa extensions given ? (Tried googling and searched the immigration site in vain)

It is on the immigration website. https://www.immigration.go.th/content/service_4  (Change to english by clicking Eng at the top of the page)

image.png.ffefa4c02f4460789da3d47bc8c4d88d.png

32 minutes ago, Respectheexperience said:

(The flight to KL and back just breaks the bank for me)

Less than 4000 Baht if planned properly ahead (same day return trip).

But what are the visa requirements for Indian nationals to Malaysia?

41 minutes ago, Respectheexperience said:

Would trying to do a border run to get a Visa on Arrival in Mae Sai (or any other land border) be a risky proposition ? 

Mae Sai can do visas on arrival. Not much risk there.

Not all crossing can do them.

I did some brainstorming guys and it seems a visa run via flight or border may also not work.

The Visa on Arrival is intended for a tourist coming from his native country and returning back.

So if I make a flight trip to Malaysia or a road trip to Myanmar, the immigration officer would technically like to see a Transit visa on the passport on my way back into Thailand. There are chances the VOA may be declined. 

Will get a multiple entry visa for my 2019 trip. Thanks for your inputs folks. 

• Like 1