Hong Kong iPhone Dual Sim XS Max

pattayapip

The 256GB XS Max is HK$10,799 but presently unable to compare to Thailand prices as the launch details / availability here is still awaited.

However, an iphone8 plus in Thailand is 27,900 baht compared to HK$6,099 (approx 25,600 baht). So it does seem that iphones are cheaper in HK (the difference perhaps primarily due to zero VAT in HK).

• Thanks 1

Hong Kong will be cheaper than both Thailand and the UK.
Go to www.apple.com/hk
Select your choice of phone
Pay via credit card and it will advise you of a collection date.
Big advantage with the Hong Kong version is that it takes 2 x actual SIM cards.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• Thanks 1

Yes to a few answers here, reason for Hong Kong is the Physical Dual Sim Cards, so not comparable with Thai or UK or anywhere else prices
Hong Kong Apple website you cannot buy without proving a HK address . . . . 

Thanks

** Not quite as easy as just googling iPhone XS Max in Hong Kong . . . **

• Thanks 1

esim is not operational yet. Apple will release an update in November to activate the esim.
If you travel frequently to different countries a dual sim phone will be a huge advantage.
There are no reports of when esim will be available in less developed countries.
Safest bet is the dual sim, you can get a local SIM card at any airport.

12 hours ago, TommyTucker said:

Hong Kong will be cheaper than both Thailand and the UK.
Go to www.apple.com/hk
Select your choice of phone
Pay via credit card and it will advise you of a collection date.
Big advantage with the Hong Kong version is that it takes 2 x actual SIM cards.

Pretty sure you cannot buy from Apple's Hong Kong website without a Hong Kong, or maybe Chinese credit card. Tried doing the same on the Singapore site last week. My UK card wouldn't go through. They also want a valid local address.

Another thing to consider. The vast numbers of Chinese and Hong Kong Chinese customers that will be trying to buy these IPhones. OP may have to wait a while before demand dwindles and stock levels rise.

I tried buying an iphone in Hong Kong beginning of December a couple of years ago. iPhone 6 I think. Any stock they had was pre-ordered and gone every day...even in December.

Edited by phetphet

17 hours ago, TommyTucker said:

I am seriously considering flying out in two weeks to buy two units.
Just waiting for them to confirm stock of the Watch 4

Yes the Watch 4 showing as not available just yet, but the XS Max is showing as in stock in every store . .  Just booked a flight there in a couple of weeks . . 

• Like 1

Yes the Watch 4 showing as not available just yet, but the XS Max is showing as in stock in every store . .  Just booked a flight there in a couple of weeks . . 

You never know, we might be in Hong Kong on the same day ????

Enjoy life, whilst you can!
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, TommyTucker said:

You never know, we might be in Hong Kong on the same day ????

23rd October Hong Kong Airlines 3am Flight, arrive at 8am, Taxi into the City . . . . .2PM Onwards to the Philippines (Work)

• Like 2

Actually an update to this, you do not even need to leave the Airport now !!! It is available in the Airport, and you can order, reserve without making payment, payment is on collection ????  Save me the time and trouble getting into the city and back . . 

• Like 2

On 10/12/2018 at 3:26 AM, Snow Leopard said:

Question. Are iPhones cheaper in Hong Kong or is it availability??

There really won't be a lot in it particularly as some are flying to HK just to purchase the new iPhone XS with dual SIM capability.  

I live in UK so am happy with my iPhone Max with eSIM and standard SIM.  As soon as iOS 12.1 is released then I'll port my UK SIM to eSIM and retain the empty space for abroad.

I'm now on day 4 of the iPhone Max and have to state that it's a fantastic gadget, if not a little expensive.  

• Like 1

the original HK version XsMax with 2 sim slots is already available for about 2-3 weeks e.g. in Pattaya/Tukcom (assuming in MBK BKK as well), 256 GB currently for 49.9K and decreasing ( 3 weeks ago was 62K) - the exact amount as for the Thai model which is available to pre order from tmr 19.10. at Apple TH website........

in TH Apple store latest by early November

• Like 1

the original HK version XsMax with 2 sim slots is already available for about 2-3 weeks e.g. in Pattaya/Tukcom (assuming in MBK BKK as well), 256 GB currently for 49.9K and decreasing ( 3 weeks ago was 62K) - the exact amount as for the Thai model which is available to pre order from tmr 19.10. at Apple TH website........

in TH Apple store latest by early November

Thanks for the update.

Just checked the Apple Thai website and if ordered now, they will deliver on Friday 26th October.

I bought at the HK Apple Store in Canton Road Tsim Sha Tsui yesterday. I got the XS Max 256 GB with dual nano sim. The store is huge and very busy, however, if you know what you want you can be in and out in 5 minutes as the staff there are very efficient and do on the spot sales with their mobile cashier devices.

By the way, I hadn't been in Tsim Sha Tsui district for about 15 years. The area was packed with mainlanders on shopping journeys so quite a bit of hustle 'n' bustle, although most of the hustling was being done by the ubiquitous Indian sellers of dodgy suits and copy watches (far worse than along Sukhumvit!).

• Like 1

And will the dual sim phone purchased in HK, function  with other sim cards from the world ? will it not be blocked, locked on any such compatibility sh*it?

Remember that the eSim function is not offered by all gsm operators in Europe. Fyi.

And this new toy does not accept the current nano sim cards.... a bit lost  !

Edited by observer90210

2 hours ago, observer90210 said:

And will the dual sim phone purchased in HK, function  with other sim cards from the world ? will it not be blocked, locked on any such compatibility sh*it?

Remember that the eSim function is not offered by all gsm operators in Europe. Fyi.

And this new toy does not accept the current nano sim cards.... a bit lost  !

I installed the AIS nano sim taken from my iPhone  6 today and the phone XS Max is working fine in Bangkok. Comment about eSim not relevant here as the iPhone XS Max sold in HK/China/Macau is dual nano sim (which is the point of this thread, as originally raised by the OP), unlike the XS Max sold in most other jurisdictions such as Australia/UK and soon Thailand for which dual sim will be 1 nano + 1 eSim.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Visit was a complete success
Did not leave the airport, just exited immigration and went to T2 (area open to all - pre departure) had a coffee at Starbucks and collected my Xs Max 512Gb at 9 am
Checked in and sat in an empty lounge for a couple hours

Back in Thailand now and my AIS nano sim is in the phone along with my Vodafone UK Sim
Both working exactly as I want

Am sure eSim will be the way to go in the future
But not right now for most people

• Like 2