Hong Kong iPhone Dual Sim XS Max

pattayapip

On 10/12/2018 at 9:42 AM, TommyTucker said:

Big advantage with the Hong Kong version is that it takes 2 x actual SIM cards.

My Huawei Y9 takes 2 x actual SIM cards (Bht 6990) and works perfectly in Thailand and UK.

My Huawei Y9 takes 2 x actual SIM cards (Bht 6990) and works perfectly in Thailand and UK.

My comment was aimed at those of us who travel to third world countries where an esim is light years away.
An actual dual sim (China, Macau and Hong Kong version) is currently a better option than a sim/esim combination.

By the way, my Sony mobile also has 2 x SIM cards and also works fine in Blighty and the LOS.

Enjoy life, whilst you can!
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm really interested in the XsMax dual sim version but i don't have to opportunity to travel to HK.

Does anybody travel to HK or Macau and is willing to bring one for me back to Thailand?

Please PM me if you can help me.

Apparently, (don’t shoot the messenger), Apple are releasing an update today.
That update might “unlock” the eSIM capability in the new range of phones.

So, allowing for time differences etc, the dual sim (eSIM) versions might work from Thursday onwards.

All will be revealed later by Apple.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, TommyTucker said:

Apparently, (don’t shoot the messenger), Apple are releasing an update today.
That update might “unlock” the eSIM capability in the new range of phones.

So, allowing for time differences etc, the dual sim (eSIM) versions might work from Thursday onwards.

All will be revealed later by Apple.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Even if the eSim is working on the iPhone you would need a local carrier that offers eSim plans... I have not seen any in Thailand  yet...

And my guess is that any plans offered will be postpaid expensive plans as only high end phone will have eSim capacity initially...

Edited by sfokevin

I'm now running the eSIM on my iPhone Max in the UK since last night.  EE sent me a QR code and it was pretty straightforward to set up, if not a little confusing at first.  

There is a lot of online literature to read up about but will take my time to digest it all.

Will be coming to LOS next week so looking forward to running a Thai SIM alongside my normal UK number as it certainly makes things a little easier.

• Like 2

On 11/2/2018 at 12:53 PM, pattayapip said:

Xs is eSim and 1 Physical Sim
Xs Max and Xr are the only ones (Hong Kong) that have 2 Physical Sim cards as far as i believe

Yea, you are correct. It's says it right there on the Apple HK Website. 

1853624338_ScreenShot2018-11-04at08_06_12.thumb.png.51c22541eff119d86dfdc2380d646fec.png

1027347762_ScreenShot2018-11-04at08_10_10.png.810448e51597d24d7da7ec6929345563.png

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

i truly believe apple dropped the ball here as Australia and many other countries are not supporting E-sim, on apples own website it shows only ten countries currently supporting E-sim.

so the "dual sim" iPhone is rubbish.

i will be flying via HK and buy a proper dual sim phone.

Apple is certainly going downhill sine the Jobs left.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, moose7117 said:

i truly believe apple dropped the ball here as Australia and many other countries are not supporting E-sim, on apples own website it shows only ten countries currently supporting E-sim.

so the "dual sim" iPhone is rubbish.

i will be flying via HK and buy a proper dual sim phone.

Apple is certainly going downhill sine the Jobs left.

If you are going are you willing to buy one for me also ?? ????

10 hours ago, Nightkidz said:

There are plenty of HK set in MBK. I got mine since early october at MBK before the official launch in thailand.

Thanks, Do you know the prices for those HK versions in MBK. (and a reliable shop)

26 minutes ago, Nightkidz said:

48500 Baht for 256GB HK set. I got mine from a friend shop which manned by malaysian. Good service at 2nd floor MBK. 

Thanks, can you PM me the shop name and exact location.

Much appreciated.

Am here in the uk right now for a month and looking at xs and xs max on EBay.
Many, many available as people are getting free upgrades from their x or 8 and deciding to keep their old iPhone and sell the new ( also many used x available).
Occasionally a dual sim will crop up and people are definitely interested and paying more for them ( £1100 for a dual sim and £920 for esim for a 128gb)
Interestingly there are far more Xs max available than xs ?
Currently only EE and Vodaphone working with esim in the uk so demand for dual sim is high but I can see other operators jumping on board and making the dual sim not so attractive.
In time Thailand will go the esim route I’m sure , any Thai operators using it already ?

1 hour ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Am here in the uk right now for a month and looking at xs and xs max on EBay.
Many, many available as people are getting free upgrades from their x or 8 and deciding to keep their old iPhone and sell the new ( also many used x available).
Occasionally a dual sim will crop up and people are definitely interested and paying more for them ( £1100 for a dual sim and £920 for esim for a 128gb)
Interestingly there are far more Xs max available than xs ?
Currently only EE and Vodaphone working with esim in the uk so demand for dual sim is high but I can see other operators jumping on board and making the dual sim not so attractive.
In time Thailand will go the esim route I’m sure , any Thai operators using it already ?

Yes, some Thai operator are offering esims.

• Like 1

AIS offer an esim as do a couple of other operators here in Thailand.
If you use the esim from your Thai number, then you can use a traditional SIM card for any countries you happen to visit.
I have been using an esim on the AIS network for a week and are very pleasantly surprised by the speed etc.

Enjoy life, whilst you can!

Yes that is my plan, did you have to get a new number or could you use your existing ??