Non O In Savannakhet based on dependent

I am planning to go to Savannakhet at the end of the month to get a Non o visa based on my Thai stepdaughter being my dependent. I have legally adopted her and have the paperwork. Could anyone please tell me exactly what paperwork is required as I cant seem to find anything official.  I am no longer married to her mother and am not old enough for a retirement visa yet, so this is really my only option. Any advice is welcome.

I am certain they will not issue a non-o visa for being the parent of a adopted Thai child.

The required documents to get one only state a child's birth certificate showing the applicant as the father is accepted.

I suggest you contact them about it. http://www.thaisavannakhet.com/savannakhet/th/consulate/contact/

Are you aware you would only be able to get a single entry non-o visa if they accepted the application?

I understand what you're saying, but it seems strange it would be refused as I am legally responsible for her and there is no doubt she is dependent on me. I have sent them an email anyway to check.

If it was granted, how long could I extend it for?

19 minutes ago, Guffman said:

If it was granted, how long could I extend it for?

Since yours is an unusual situation it hard to say with any confidence that it would be correct. You would have to contact your local immigration office to find out what they will do.

The police order for the documents required to apply for a one year extension of stay based upon being the parent of a Thai does mention the following.

4. Copy of evidence proving the Thai nationality of the spouse, parents, children, or adopted children, such as a national ID card, copy of household registration certificate, or other evidence issued by the government or relevant agency

See clause 2.18 of these police orders for info.

Police Order 327/2557  basis for extension of stay and Immigration Bureau Order 138/2557  documents for extension of stay

Also clause 2.24 for a 60 day extension.

Thank you so much for the info. It seems like it should be ok, but just depends on the consulate and how sticky they are going to be. Hopefully I will get an answer from them tomorrow and let you know what they say.

Edited by Guffman