Jump to content

Bangkok Bank - Other ATM Fees


Recommended Posts

Noticed last month, was charged 10 Baht on the 4th time the wife used the BKK Bank ATM card in a non-BKK Bank ATM. 

Sent them a message, they clarified no charge for up to 4 times per month.  10 Baht fee each time after that. 

They seemed to miss the point they charged me prematurely, but I've never had any issues like this over the years, so I just let it go.

 

October now, the wife used a non-BKK Bank ATM yesterday at the local market. 

It was only the 2nd "Other Bank ATM" use for this month so far. 

BKK Bank charged for it.   20 Baht instead of 10. 

 

Waiting for a response from them now, but in the interim, curious if anyone else seeing similar.

 

image.png.25f10c50c1af7bbea517a55c293231a5.png

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Do you remember which other bank ATMs you used?

There are a few (minor and foreign name) banks that are not in the pool.

She said it was Krungsi.

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, sanmyintmaung said:

Bangkok Bank charge 20 bahts per withdrawal when using outside region another bank ATMs.

https://www.bangkokbank.com/en/Personal/Digital-Banking/Self-Services/Bualuang-ATM/ATM-Fees

 

image.png.4aae209af9af66da85045ab9214936c8.png

Beat me to it....was just about to post the same image and ask Jay if that local market is in the same province/region as borders can sometimes be a street....one one side of the soi your are in ABC region/province and on the other side of the soi you are in XYZ region/province.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Pib said:

Beat me to it....was just about to post the same image and ask Jay if that local market is in the same province/region as borders can sometimes be a street....one one side of the soi your are in ABC region/province and on the other side of the soi you are in XYZ region/province.

The 20 Baht surely rang a bell for me too but, no, ATM is in the same province.

 

Be interesting to see what BB has to say.

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, 55Jay said:

The 20 Baht surely rang a bell for me too but, no, ATM is in the same province.

 

Be interesting to see what BB has to say.

OK....good to hear you are not making the wife smuggle her/your money between banking regions/provinces.  😉

 

Seriously though, I use my Bangkok Bank debit card to get cash mostly here in Bangkok metro area....I probably use the card around twice a month but I usually get around 10K to 20K.  Don't have a big need for cash during the month here in the Bangkok area as I can use my credit cards for most buys...except locations where only cash is accepted like a local market.  I always try to use a Bangkok Bank ATM but sometimes one is just not close by when I need the money so i use another Thai Bank ATM.   

 

On a few occasions over the years I have been charged Bt20 at K-bank, SCB, and KrungThai ATMs  here within my banking region and I strongly felt that I had not already used the card 4 times during the month.  But I didn't log onto my Bangkok Bank ibanking to confirm my feeling like you did.  I'm not implying K-bank/SCB/KrungThai ATMs "always" caused a Bt20 fee as I've used them in many cases and have not incurred a fee.    I always chalked it up to that particular  ATM just not honoring the ATM Pool for whatever reason (i.e., a glitch, on purpose, etc). But maybe the problem lies with Bangkok Bank....or maybe I had used the card more than 4 times per month...but as mentioned I never logged onto my ibanking to do a count like you did....to validate my memory....but I will in the future if it happens again.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Pib said:

OK....good to hear you are not making the wife smuggle her/your money between banking regions/provinces.  😉

 

Seriously though, I use my Bangkok Bank debit card to get cash mostly here in Bangkok metro area....I probably use the card around twice a month but I usually get around 10K to 20K.  Don't have a big need for cash during the month here in the Bangkok area as I can use my credit cards for most buys...except locations where only cash is accepted like a local market.  I always try to use a Bangkok Bank ATM but sometimes one is just not close by when I need the money so i use another Thai Bank ATM.   

 

On a few occasions over the years I have been charged Bt20 at K-bank, SCB, and KrungThai ATMs  here within my banking region and I strongly felt that I had not already used the card 4 times during the month.  But I didn't log onto my Bangkok Bank ibanking to confirm my feeling like you did.  I'm not implying K-bank/SCB/KrungThai ATMs "always" caused a Bt20 fee as I've used them in many cases and have not incurred a fee.    I always chalked it up to that particular  ATM just not honoring the ATM Pool for whatever reason (i.e., a glitch, on purpose, etc). But maybe the problem lies with Bangkok Bank....or maybe I had used the card more than 4 times per month...but as mentioned I never logged onto my ibanking to do a count like you did....to validate my memory....but I will in the future if it happens again.

Thanks.  No reply from BB yet, probably roll to Monday.

 

I keep the books on spreadsheets, so I log in often to get previous day(s) details, and the unusual fee entries stand out.

 

Whenever these little things come up, wife says I should start using Krungsi as primary.  I like BB's iBanking interface a bit more but mostly, it's their real estate portfolio - that ACH bridge in NYC.  😕

2031011108_Untitled1.jpg.a1333b68c7be801e7933cc8616d05c46.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Final F/U on the 2 minor ATM fee issues in the OP.

 

BBL responded to my second iBanking inquiry and again, laid out the ATM program rules (see below snip) w/o actually answering my 2 specific questions.  So I put the wife on the phone with Call Center this afternoon to sort it out in Thai. 

 

You guys were right, that 20 Baht fee in October (shown in OP snip) was an Inter-Province ATM Fee, in error, due to be refunded now.  Weird because the row of ATMs at the market in question are nowhere near the provincial border.

 

As to what I thought was a premature 10 Baht Other Bank ATM fee in September, turns out there was a soft "Check Balance" inquiry in there somewhere.  Those do not show up on your account/statement but do count as 1 of the 4 free Other Bank ATM transactions per month.  It's in the rules, fair enough, I just hadn't thought of it and neither did the wife..... who after she hung up, remembered she had done a soft balance check first (the 4th un-shown event) and then did the cash pull, which was the 5th event for fee purposes, but displayed as the 4th Other Bank event on my account.   

 

So that's that.  LOL.

 

image.png.837cb48e1bed09345c67a9748401ca68.png

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The girl at a BK Bank counter once told me the 15 THB ATM fee was a monthly fee to get sms updates, which is totally wrong !!!! Often, the staff at the counter is totally incompetent and unware of their own bank's rules. I have a BK Bank account in Thai city X. I used the card in a ATM at BK Bank in city Y in Thailand and got charged 15 THB despite that it was the first or second time only I used their own ATM. 

 

Not very surprising, which is why put in a Thai Bank only what you can afford to perhaps loose oneday and perhaps what is only necessary for immigration hassles etc.

Link to post
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

The girl at a BK Bank counter once told me the 15 THB ATM fee was a monthly fee to get sms updates, which is totally wrong !!!! Often, the staff at the counter is totally incompetent and unware of their own bank's rules. I have a BK Bank account in Thai city X. I used the card in a ATM at BK Bank in city Y in Thailand and got charged 15 THB despite that it was the first or second time only I used their own ATM. 

 

Not very surprising, which is why put in a Thai Bank only what you can afford to perhaps loose oneday and perhaps what is only necessary for immigration hassles etc.

If Thai city X and Thai city Y are in different banking regions then the up to 4 free ATMs withdrawals per month does not apply; the free withdrawals only apply "within" banking region.   Banking regions can be small to include just being one province size.  Most provinces in Thailand are small and many times towns on are the border of banking regions....you could easy cross the street and be in a different province. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...