Afl

I want to post the results here every week, with a few comments about the results, reports, tribunal results and general banter about the games. It's a bit late but a tipping competition just for fun, could post the next weeks games on a Monday and tips in by Friday @ noon.

Tonights game is Adelaide Crows versus "eddie everythings" Collingwood.

Adelaide have won 2 games and collywobbles 1. A rumour doing the rounds, Buckley may be finished as a player because of a recurring hamstring problem, they say it's caused by a back problem that affects his gate, sounds a bit far fetched, I am only the messenger.

Could be a bit of fun. :o

Wowsers, just had a look at the decent look at the ladder since the start of the season. St Kilda are on top with a few games to spare!!! I am not Victorian but always had a soft spot for the Saints if a Vic team has to win the premeirship . I remember hoping they would pull it off in 97 , sorry Bronco :o

Well the Crows started off pretty well, booting 5.2 in first quarter, in what looked to be shaping up to a trouncing. They failed to capitalise, kicking only another 4 straight ones for the remainder of the game.

Final scores wobbles 9.14 to crows 9.11.

They really are looking down the barrel now.

Tomorrow sees us of to the footy too, Glenelg play Norwood maybe the Bays can get a win. A point worth noting, the Bays have a Thai playing for them, Sudjai Cook, he's been there a few years now and is a handy little player. If he was a few inches taller would be AFL material. :o

Bronco,

Yep, AFL footy games normally consist of 4 quarters, not 1.

Your Crows won this week - against pretty hopeless opposition though. Hawthorn look set for the wooden spon this year. As for the premiership, who's going to put up their hands and take on the Saints? They look unbeatable this year.

Oh when the Saints, go marching in....

Yes in the up and down world of the Crows, they all talking about the finals again.

As for the saints, just waiting for them to self destruct, couple of players on the turps, parties that sort of thing.

As for the saints, just waiting for them to self destruct, couple of players on the turps, parties that sort of thing.

They do like to have a drink – always bound to run into a few on a night out in St Kilda. Had the misfortune of being stuck drinking with Steven Lawrence and crew (they imposed on us) the night before he was done for drink-driving. We were all very drunk, I jumped in a cab and went home, they all carried on :o

They do like to have a drink – always bound to run into a few on a night out in St Kilda. Had the misfortune of being stuck drinking with Steven Lawrence and crew (they imposed on us) the night before he was done for drink-driving. We were all very drunk, I jumped in a cab and went home, they all carried on :o

It's the culture in the Club Nat, Blighty couldn't handle it and bailed, mind you there were some pretty outrageous guys around then, Spider comes to mind. :D

You will never have enough time to go back to work Bronco. There's not enough hours in the day. :o

Please refrain from obscene language Doc.

If you have to mention that word w@rk give me some warning :D

You will never have enough time to go back to work Bronco. There's not enough hours in the day.  :o

It won't happen again Bronco. Forgive me Father for I have sinned. I could have given poor Bronco a heart attack.

You will never have enough time to go back to work Bronco. There's not enough hours in the day.   :o

It won't happen again Bronco. Forgive me Father for I have sinned. I could have given poor Bronco a heart attack.

and Jaye and Penz and Pnusted and Dutch and LC and all members of the "OFCS"

:D

It's the culture in the Club Nat, Blighty couldn't handle it and bailed, mind you there were some pretty outrageous guys around then, Spider comes to mind. :D

Spider Everitt has mellowed heaps and is actually a lovely man (for a footballer :D don't hold many in high regard). He still goes out for a quiet beer, but his daughter is first and foremost in his life – respect him for that.

I heard Spider was a gun when Hawthorn recently played the Crows, even though they did lose :o. Poor Shane was taken off due to a wrist injury :D didn't think the little fella was capable of causing damage :D

results so far

Collingwood 14 - 9 - 93

West Coast 11 - 9 - 75

Brisbane 18 - 15 - 123

Port Adelaide 12 - 14 - 86

Adelaide 12 - 15 - 87

Carlton 14 - 7 - 91

Kangaroos 24 - 10 - 154

Richmond 12 - 8 - 80

Hawthorn 12 - 8 - 80

Essendon 24 - 10 - 154

Adelaide again played 3 quarters of football, can't win playing that way.

Ports played a tenacious game but Brissie to strong in the end.

Real good all in old fashioned stoush midway thru the game, rush of blood by Hawthorn but Bombers too good.

Kangaroos to good, Rocca bagged a swag.

pies too good unfortunately

Saints lose first Game for season.

It wasn't so much a mediocre Saints prformance but a well drilled and prepared Swans that did the job.

Roosies men never looked like losing control, final scores.

Sydney Swans 17 : 10 112

St Kilda Saints 11 : 10 76

:o

Hawthorn 12 - 8 - 80

Essendon  24 - 10 - 154

Real good all in old fashioned stoush midway thru the game, rush of blood by Hawthorn but Bombers too good.

It was expected that Essendon was going to win (esp with Shane being out), besides Sheedy loves to win. When this combo play it’s hard for me to decide who to go for. As a child I went for the bombers and later in life worked in the same building as Hird and got lattes together (lovely man :o). However, my grandparents live in Hawthorn and spent quite a bit of my childhood and youth there so can’t help having a connection with them (even though I really dislike Ange Lekkas - aka Lickarse :D, we have a mutual understanding).

I’m so indecisive at times, like a typical woman :D – but I guess in the end the best team won.

Pos Team W L D F A % Points

1 St Kilda 10 1 0 1339 875 153.03 40

2 Melbourne 8 3 0 1178 944 124.79 32

3 Brisbane Lions 8 3 0 1182 955 123.77 32

4 Essendon 8 3 0 1218 1104 110.33 32

5 Port Adelaide 7 4 0 1203 1083 111.08 28

6 Sydney Swans 6 5 0 1007 920 109.46 24

7 Geelong 6 5 0 1051 971 108.24 24

8 Fremantle 6 5 0 956 895 106.82 24

9 Kangaroos 5 6 0 1130 1061 106.5 20

10 West Coast Eagles 4 7 0 1025 1187 86.35 16

11 Collingwood 4 7 0 881 1064 82.8 16

12 Carlton 4 7 0 945 1193 79.21 16

13 Richmond 4 7 0 828 1168 70.89 16

14 Adelaide Crows 3 8 0 999 1027 97.27 12

15 Western Bulldogs 3 8 0 1027 1192 86.16 12

16 Hawthorn 2 9 0 853 1183 72.1 8

sorry about the format, it's come in as text file with no delimiters, but you get the idea I hope, I'll try and sort a better table.