Afl

Still waiting for the outcome of the hawthorn/essendon blue, last counyt 25 players and counting named. Tribunal busy tomorrow night. :D

Did you happen to watch the game?

I heard Dermie has been praising them (or should that be encouraging ‘em :D). Think he’s trying to vicariously relive the good old days when footballers were real men :o and played with broken ribs and punctured lungs and still won grand finals :D :D

results so far

Collingwood 14 - 9 - 93

West Coast  11 - 9 - 75

pies too good unfortunately

That warrants an explanation!

:D Eddie promised to buy them some more Armani suits if they were good little boys and won :o

Latest news 18 players and 25 charges, it's on tonite, should be quite a session.

Din't watch the game Nat but you can't avoid seeing the incedent, just turn on TV. :D

What happened at the tribunal?

Only had a glimpse at The Age, but apparently the AFL chief executive is defending Dermie – (going off track) but in the picture supplied Dermie was sporting a Johnny Farnham hairdo :o:D

Last night - Carlton -v- Hawks - exciting game - not the greatest of team play, but on the edge of my chair until the end.

(And a few bouts of fisticuffs when the game threatened to get boring)

Results of tribunal, courtesy of footy news.

The charges which came out of the third quarter Hawthorn have earned five players a total of 16 weeks suspension, and a massive $69,500.

Hawthorn will have the majority of trouble in finding replacement players, four of their players received suspension. The biggest suspension was handed down to Richie Vandenberg who received a six week ban. Both Campbell Brown and Lance Picioane receive four matches and Simon Beaumont received a week for a headbutt on formaer Carklton teammate Justin Murphy. Murphy was the only Essendon player suspended, one week for striking Beaumont. With Crawford and Mitchell missing due to injury Hawthorn will almost be using Box Hill's starting midfielders in the middle for the next few weeks - none of their own are avaibale.

Fines were handed willy-nilly to a multitude of players, with Essendon's Mark Johnson receiving the largest at $6,500. It was his third guilty finding relating to the melee rule.

I want to post the results here every week, with a few comments about the results, reports, tribunal results and general banter about the games. It's a bit late but a tipping competition just for fun, could post the next weeks games on a Monday and tips in by Friday @ noon.

Tonights game is Adelaide Crows versus "eddie everythings" Collingwood.

Adelaide have won 2 games and collywobbles 1. A rumour doing the rounds, Buckley may be finished as a player because of a recurring hamstring problem, they say it's caused by a back problem that affects his gate, sounds a bit far fetched, I am only the messenger.

Could be a bit of fun. :o

When will you be running a book Bronco ?

results from weekend

collingwood blew it the collywobbles at it again, eddy not happy, ha, ha. :o:D:D

Melbourne 12 - 10 - 82

Collingwood 11 - 7 - 73

Richmond 10 - 11 - 71

Fremantle 12 - 9 - 81

Geelong 14 - 10 - 94

Kangaroos 12 - 12 - 84

Port Adelaide 20 - 12 - 132

Sydney 8 - 12 - 60

Essendon 14 - 12 - 96

Brisbane 25 - 12 - 162

Western Bulldogs 15 - 13 - 103

St Kilda 11 - 14 - 80

The saints starting to get back to normal :D

West Coast 15 - 18 - 108

Adelaide 11 - 10 - 76

We could run a tipping competition for the remainder of the year I guess Doc, maybe George could offer a T Shirt or Hat as prize.

Any thoughts members??

George is kinda careful with a quid Bronco. But I think that you already knew that.

Have heard the Yorkies use him as a budget consultant :o

Last nights results

Round 13

St Kilda 19 - 13 - 127

Hawthorn 9 - 7 - 61

Saints come out of party mode and win a game

Hawks are really struggling.... shame they’re on the bottom of the ladder :o .

I thought it was iffy whether Fraser would play cause of his foot? Read he was quite grumpy on the field – must still be dealing with the loss of his mullet :D

Gary Ayres, the Crows Coach, quit yesterday.

Niel Craig is Caretaker Coach for the remainder of the season.

The Crows are having a bad time of it.......... Now Carey is gone to :o

Im glad to see Ayres gone, he is hopeless!

Bring back the days when the Crows were king and Victorians cried rivers of tears!

Bring back the days when the Crows were king and Victorians cried rivers of tears!

:D We’re proud of the Murray – helps separate the men from the boys :o however not sure in which direction :D.