car tax and insurance

docspinoff

i just buy a car . it has a valid tax disc ...    will or does this car have any insurance cover on it at all ?????? 

( have no insurance documents just blue book and tax disc)

i thought  when you buy a new tax disc and pay the fee compulsory insurance B500 was included in the fee and you get a small payment slip like you do on a motorbike ... am i wrong ??? 

if not can't understand why the garage said i can  drive the car home  and come back in 7 days to collect the blue book ...

should i have got my own insurance type 1-2-3 before i drove it home ... ????

If you have the tax sticker you have the compulsary government insurance,you are legal to drive the car.

You should get additional insurance because in case of a crash the one you have only covers i think up to 50000baht.

This is third party insurance only,your vehicle and you are not covered.

2 minutes ago, jvs said:

If you have the tax sticker you have the compulsary government insurance,you are legal to drive the car.

You should get additional insurance because in case of a crash the one you have only covers i think up to 50000baht.

This is third party insurance only,your vehicle and you are not covered.

Just beat me to it jvs. Plus, am I  correct in thinking the third party insurance covers passengers? 

3 minutes ago, AhFarangJa said:

Just beat me to it jvs. Plus, am I  correct in thinking the third party insurance covers passengers? 

I am not sure about the passengers being covered,You mean the passengers in this car?or the driver and passengers in the other vehicle?

Archived