Acupuncture

Lamkyong

Before wasting your money on a completely ineffective "treatment, have a read of https://skeptoid.com/episodes/4431

It includes the sentences "It doesn't matter where you stick the needle, and it doesn't even matter if you stick the needle. Acupuncture works no better than not doing acupuncture. Indeed, the higher quality the study, the more acupuncture appears to work no better than placebo."

I tried many different things to quit smoking , acupuncture, nicorete gum, cold turkey plus a few others. What worked for me was hypnotism and it has been over 20 years now, but first thing they will tell you is you must want to stop smoking and not because someone else wants you to. It worked for me after being a heavy smoker especially when drinking when nothing else did but that was me. Maybe work for you, maybe not.  Good luck.

Find the "trigger" and cut that first. The rest is pretty much will-power other things can assist with nicotine withdrawal like gum etc.

It was coffee for me, everytime I had a coffee I had a fag, (i dont drink)so I quit the coffee first and it helped stop the fags. One day at a time and you'll get there.

Knock out the triggers ! Not easy if the trigger is alchol, have a drink have a fag, there is always a trigger as its mostly habit.????

Acupuncture is a non-starter in my opinion. Hypnosis is often a powerful tool, judging by stories I have heard also.

Best of luck!

Pick three days and mentally prepare to be absolutely miserable - then go cold turkey. 

After three days you're over the physical withdrawal from nicotine.  However, once your lungs kick back into gear be prepared to do a lot of coughing - that's actually a good sign.
After that, it's a completely mental game that will last the rest of your life.

Really, don't mess around with half-measures.  Just do it!

On 10/13/2018 at 5:54 PM, Oxx said:

Before wasting your money on a completely ineffective "treatment, have a read of https://skeptoid.com/episodes/4431

It includes the sentences "It doesn't matter where you stick the needle, and it doesn't even matter if you stick the needle. Acupuncture works no better than not doing acupuncture. Indeed, the higher quality the study, the more acupuncture appears to work no better than placebo."

Acupuncture is a placebo. It can work but it is the same as hypnotism. It is just the power of suggestion.

In regard to hypnotism-

Stopping smoking does work with a fair amount of people, and yet it would be unethical for the hypnotist (in my mind) to make any kind of guarantee. 

I have taught hypnotism in various countries and I have had good success with helping people stop, but certainly not 100% of my clients.

I would be happy to talk if you are interested.

Archived