Aussies in Asia: The Thai island life of media man Tim Newton

rooster59

Aussies in Asia: The Thai island life of media man Tim Newton

by Peter Olszewski

Featured in this week’s edition of mediaweek.com.au

image002.jpg

There’s also a tropical island buzz about the way Thaiger conducts its business

What do you do if you’re a middle-aged entrepreneurial spirit, a self-confessed media junkie who’s put in 20 years in Australian radio, then invested in a Chinese boat-building business and went bust?

If you’re Tim Newton, you pack your bags and head for a tropical island like Phuket where you can eat cheap Thai food and hang up a shingle saying you’re in media business mode again, but fully embracing the digital world.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/thai-life/aussies-in-asia-the-thai-island-life-of-media-man-tim-newton

thtthaiger.png
-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2018-10-14

From the Thaiger linked article - 

and said, “We now have the fourth-largest English-speaking media company in Thailand with plans to be Numero Uno by the end of 2019.

I wonder what Mr Cheeseman's view is on that.........

10 minutes ago, topt said:

Please explain the connection as I cannot see it?

Many Australians living on borrowed  money from equity in their property that can not now remortgage, and with rising inteterest Rates will likely have to go home. 

2 hours ago, baansgr said:

Many Australians living on borrowed  money from equity in their property that can not now remortgage, and with rising inteterest Rates will likely have to go home. 

Or, do like many did during the GFC, move to the village in Issan.  ????

I gave up on this guy after listening to him report things that just are not fact. He seems to just copy other news outlets badly as he get so many stories wrong and the grammar used is childish at best. I realize he has Thai journalists writing for him as well but as the editor he should proof read and correct what they write before hitting enter.

Archived