Saudi Arabia says will retaliate against any sanctions over Khashoggi case

webfact

Cherry picking bickering posts and the replies have been removed.  

Posts containing screen captures from some sites have been removed as a screen capture is not a valid link and would be in violation of fair use policy:

14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, markaoffy said:

The attitude by these states ! Russia to Saudi Arabia etc is “we can kill people who are critical of us” The time when states only murdered terrorists and other threats has moved on!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

And we'll look the other way in every case because we've made our own economies dependant on these outlaw nations.

https://www.businessinsider.com/interpol-chief-meng-hongwei-feared-dead-wife-target-2018-10

21 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Its like Game of Thrones, live!

My question is: why the media frenzy in the USA? Duerte? Hohum. The Uigher Camps? Snore. Rohingas? Boring. Anyplace in Africa? Old news. Its not like this guy was a fighter for Freedom and Justice. And how DID he get a Green Card? And now Erdogan is a fighter for Truth and Justice?

And once again you act like a shill for the right wing. In this case, the right wing press is trying to present Khasshogi as someone who supported Bin Laden and as a supporter of intolerance in general. This is based on the facts that as a journalist Khashoggi spent a lot of time as an embedded reporter interviewing Bin Laden and that when a lot younger he was a supporter of the Muslim Brotherhood. Anyone who has followed his career knows that has views have shifted a long time since. So there is no question about how or why he got his green card. The only question is low the the right wing press and its low life followers will go. Actually we know the answer to that one: as low as they can get away with.

Conservatives mount a whisper campaign smearing Khashoggi in defense of Trump

"Hard-line Republicans and conservative commentators are mounting a whispering campaign against Jamal Khashoggi that is designed to protect President Trump from criticism of his handling of the dissident journalist’s alleged murder by operatives of Saudi Arabia — and support Trump’s continued aversion to a forceful response to the oil-rich desert kingdom.

In recent days, a cadre of conservative House Republicans allied with Trump has been privately exchanging articles from right-wing outlets that fuel suspicion of Khashoggi, highlighting his association with the Muslim Brotherhood in his youth and raising conspiratorial questions about his work decades ago as an embedded reporter covering Osama bin Laden, according to four GOP officials involved in the discussions who were not authorized to speak publicly.

Those aspersions — which many lawmakers have been wary of stating publicly because of the political risks of doing so — have begun to flare into public view as conservative media outlets have amplified the claims, which are aimed in part at protecting Trump as he works to preserve the U.S.-Saudi relationship and avoid confronting the Saudis on human rights."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost/conservatives-mount-a-whisper-campaign-smearing-khashoggi-in-defense-of-trump/2018/10/18/feb92bd0-d306-11e8-b2d2-f397227b43f0_story.html?utm_term=.237c3da3efe5

4 hours ago, oilinki said:

I wonder how much Saudi Arabia feels like bullying others now? 

That is a good question. Remains to be seen if what they (or at least, the Crown Prince's faction) take away from this is that they can do whatever, so long as they keep it quiet, or that it will make them reconsider before trying another stunt. I'd wager that the former applies domestically, and the latter with regard to action abroad.

Similarly, it is apt to ask what effect would this have on dissidents, opposition forces and journalists covering the Kingdom. On the one hand, getting chopped off is a rather grim deterrent, but on the other hand, the media storm and public attention may give them some tailwind.

i'm reading daily two Saudi newspapers. today i felt sick after reading their rubbish quoting official comments from "friendly" governments how King Salman is handling the affair.

"Egypt sees that the brave and decisive decisions and actions taken by the Saudi King over this matter align with his majesty's approach that respects the principles of law and applications of effective justice,"

my Saudi friends are in shock. those who were formally enthusiastic about MbS and his potential future achievements feel ashamed and bitterly disappointed. a Saudi lady, friend of my wife was crying on the phone.

2 minutes ago, Naam said:

i'm reading daily two Saudi newspapers. today i felt sick after reading their rubbish quoting official comments from "friendly" governments how King Salman is handling the affair.

my Saudi friends are in shock. those who were formally enthusiastic about MbS and his potential future achievements feel ashamed and bitterly disappointed. a Saudi lady, friend of my wife was crying on the phone.

I think Khashoggi, has accomplished in death that which he was trying to do in life. RIP Khashoggi

Archived