Saudi Arabia says will retaliate against any sanctions over Khashoggi case

webfact

14 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

The House of Saud is a heinous family of despots. Prince Bin Salman is a gangster. A thug. A violent creton in sheeps clothing, disguising himself as a reformer. He is anything but. One can only hope the world comes down on this nation of violence and hatred. Wahhabism must be eliminated from the face of the earth. It is a scourge. A disease. Without oil Saudi Arabia would be a world pariah. 

Now that the Saudis look like they are going to admit to the murder the King needs to let MBS loose. Extradite him to the World Criminal Court or to Turkey to face charges. 

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Saudis are getting the place cleaned before any investigations start, Oh no not suspicious at all SA. The King of SA is a fool if he thinks this kind of stuff does anything  to help him or his country be believed. Oh well he is the rich king with tons of oil yet to be sold to Donald and USA.   What a world we all live in.

Geezer

On 10/15/2018 at 8:23 PM, Stargrazer9889 said:

The Saudis are getting the place cleaned before any investigations start, Oh no not suspicious at all SA. The King of SA is a fool if he thinks this kind of stuff does anything  to help him or his country be believed. Oh well he is the rich king with tons of oil yet to be sold to Donald and USA.  What a world we all live in.

Geezer

The king will be ok. He has found somebody to take the blame, and some officials will want to believe that he had nothing to do with this.

So nothing at all to worry about, and apart from some business decisions there will be no official sanctions, so no retaliation as well. All set up for business as usual.

5 hours ago, pegman said:

Now that the Saudis look like they are going to admit to the murder the King needs to let MBS loose. Extradite him to the World Criminal Court or to Turkey to face charges. 

When was the last time a royal family sacrificed an offspring because it was the right thing to do?

Or even a super wealthy family? They always have others do the dirty work for them, and as is the case with the Red Bull worm, and never, ever take responsibility for the actions of their putrid children.

On 10/15/2018 at 3:41 PM, habanero said:

"Now, this trump fella, he’s in charge of that wee flawed democracy we like to call the United States of America".

America is a Republic, not a democracy. It is a country governed by laws not the majority. 

Yer... right.... you tell yourself whatever you want, buddy... and keep on ignoring everybody else’s opinion

A government of the people, for the people by the people (whatever) ... people people people... is democratic in nature.

but I’m game... it’s your government... call it a banana republic, if you wish.

maybe sometime in the future, you will have a true democracy, whereby the peoples will be done, vs a flawed democracy, or worse, as you slide down the pick list too dictatorship.

lmao... governed by laws, not the majority. Yep... the majority voted for HRC.... y’all showed her!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democracy_Index

On 10/16/2018 at 10:26 AM, stevenl said:

The king will be ok. He has found somebody to take the blame, and some officials will want to believe that he had nothing to do with this.

So nothing at all to worry about, and apart from some business decisions there will be no official sanctions, so no retaliation as well. All set up for business as usual.

I assume you just made a slip-up and meant the Crown Prince rather than the King. Actually, it turns out that 1 of those Saudis has been identified as a close as a f'requent companion" of the Clown Prince and 3 others as members of his security detail. A 5th is a very high ranking doctor.

"One of the suspects identified by Turkey in the disappearance of the Saudi dissident Jamal Khashoggi was a frequent companion of Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman — seen disembarking from airplanes with him in Paris and Madrid and photographed standing guard during his visits this year to Houston, Boston and the United Nations.

Three others are linked by witnesses and other records to the Saudi crown prince’s security detail.

A fifth is a forensic doctor who holds senior positions in the Saudi Interior Ministry and medical establishment, a figure of such stature that he could be directed only by a high-ranking Saudi authority."

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/16/world/middleeast/khashoggi-saudi-prince.html

so I don't think pleading rogueness is going to work now.

On October 15, 2018 at 6:01 PM, spidermike007 said:

The House of Saud is a heinous family of despots. Prince Bin Salman is a gangster. A thug. A violent creton in sheeps clothing, disguising himself as a reformer. He is anything but. One can only hope the world comes down on this nation of violence and hatred. Wahhabism must be eliminated from the face of the earth. It is a scourge. A disease. Without oil Saudi Arabia would be a world pariah. 

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2018/10/16/lindsey-graham-toxic-saudi-crown-prince-mohammed-bin-salman-has-got-to-go/

4 hours ago, bristolboy said:

I assume you just made a slip-up and meant the Crown Prince rather than the King. Actually, it turns out that 1 of those Saudis has been identified as a close as a f'requent companion" of the Clown Prince and 3 others as members of his security detail. A 5th is a very high ranking doctor.

"One of the suspects identified by Turkey in the disappearance of the Saudi dissident Jamal Khashoggi was a frequent companion of Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman — seen disembarking from airplanes with him in Paris and Madrid and photographed standing guard during his visits this year to Houston, Boston and the United Nations.

Three others are linked by witnesses and other records to the Saudi crown prince’s security detail.

A fifth is a forensic doctor who holds senior positions in the Saudi Interior Ministry and medical establishment, a figure of such stature that he could be directed only by a high-ranking Saudi authority."

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/16/world/middleeast/khashoggi-saudi-prince.html

so I don't think pleading rogueness is going to work now.

If you would have read the post I responded to you would have known.

1 hour ago, pegman said:

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2018/10/16/lindsey-graham-toxic-saudi-crown-prince-mohammed-bin-salman-has-got-to-go/

what about Guantanamo?

don't hold your breath. none of your wishes are realistic. and  so are your personal assumptions pertaining to "nation of violence and hatred". it just documents that you possess a wealth of no idea about the country and wahhabism.

however, i fully agree with your assessment that Mohamad bin Salman is a thug.

On 10/16/2018 at 5:26 AM, stevenl said:

The fall guys are standing in line.

On 10/15/2018 at 10:45 AM, farcanell said:

Perhaps not a trump forum, but certainly a forum for comment about both thai and international issues, as presented by the editor.

perhaps not a trump thread, but an international thread, which includes all countries, and there reactions, including the US, whose actions will determine what happens going forward, given their position in world finance.

Now, this trump fella, he’s in charge of that wee flawed democracy we like to call the United States of America, so discussions on him as their dear leader, and them in general, is appropriate.

This made more so by the fact that once again, trumps actions going forward, will impact on everyone, regardless of what that action is, as the US economy impacts everyone.

dead interesting (to me anyway), because amongst other things, trumptopia has taken the stance that US citizens are above international justice, with international courts having zero authority over its citizens... interesting because one obvious move on the Saudies part, would be to adopt a similar stance, denying that international courts have any authority over its citizens, so if they did it, it’s none of anyone’s else’s business.

THis here mess could well see the use of ammendment 25, as republicans turn on trump.... or alternatively, sanctions that will impact on you, myself and every other poster here, and perhaps even their ability to remain in SE Asia as prices climb even higher locally.

Me.... Well... i might have to return home and throw myself upon my nanny states teat... I hope others are better insulated

"....interesting because one obvious move on the Saudies part, would be to adopt a similar stance, denying that international courts have any authority over its citizens..."

As far as I'm aware, Saudi Arabia is not a signatory of the Rome Statute, nor a member of the ICC.

8 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Here is an interesting take on the issue. 

http://thefederalist.com/2018/10/15/10-key-questions-khashoggi-affair-answer-buying-press-narrative/

Der Spiegel had an anaylsis too but I cant find it right yet......

Interesting? It's what one would expect from this in the bag for trump website. They raise tendentious and irrelevant issues whilst avoiding the obvious. The evidence massively and overwhelmingly establishes that the Crown Prince was behind this. Instead of evaluating the evidence, this article speculates about dark plots by the media and special interest groups. It paints a ridiculously exaggerated picture of Khsshoggi's past. 

1 hour ago, Morch said:

"....interesting because one obvious move on the Saudies part, would be to adopt a similar stance, denying that international courts have any authority over its citizens..."

As far as I'm aware, Saudi Arabia is not a signatory of the Rome Statute, nor a member of the ICC.

Yes yes, that’s all very nice... but Saudi Arabia is a member of the UN, and accordingly to article 13b of the Rome treaty, the ZuN security council can bring cases to the ICC

the United States of trumptopia, has a veto on the security council,  so can excuse itself from crimes... Saudi Arabia doesn’t.

i read that as the UN being able to bring a case against Saudi citizens.... unless trump vetos it.

Everybody will rant on them, make threats, but will think twice for all the pending arms and oil contracts that will bring in biiiiG money for the USA, or the concerned EU nations and many other countries.....so all this is purely cosmetic

Those with the ca$h make the rules..unfortunately ! Welcome to the real world.

14 hours ago, Naam said:

don't hold your breath. none of your wishes are realistic. and  so are your personal assumptions pertaining to "nation of violence and hatred". it just documents that you possess a wealth of no idea about the country and wahhabism.

however, i fully agree with your assessment that Mohamad bin Salman is a thug.

Are you suggestinf that Wahhabism is a teaching of tolerance, love, compassion and forgiveness? And Sharia? Also the same level of beauty and love? Just what are you saying?

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Are you suggestinf that Wahhabism is a teaching of tolerance, love, compassion and forgiveness? And Sharia? Also the same level of beauty and love? Just what are you saying?

all i'm saying is that your comment demonstrates that you have no idea about wahhabism. by the way... the Qr'an mentions "infinitely" more often compassion and forgiveness then the Bible (in both Old and New Testament).

and as far as Sharia law is concerned may i draw your attention to the fact that ol' prophet Mohamed copied it from the Bible and pasted it into the Qr'an. Christians applied for more than 1½ millenia an extremely harsh version of the "biblical Sharia law" for punishments, much harsher (including unimaginable horrible torture) than practiced in any islamic country in olden times as well as nowadays.

17 minutes ago, Naam said:

all i'm saying is that your comment demonstrates that you have no idea about wahhabism. by the way... the Qr'an mentions "infinitely" more often compassion and forgiveness then the Bible (in both Old and New Testament).

and as far as Sharia law is concerned may i draw your attention to the fact that ol' prophet Mohamed copied it from the Bible and pasted it into the Qr'an. Christians applied for more than 1½ millenia an extremely harsh version of the "biblical Sharia law" for punishments, much harsher (including unimaginable horrible torture) than practiced in any islamic country in olden times as well as nowadays.

the crucial difference lies in the ability to evolve.
the bible has been modified several times while the qr'an can't be amended because muslims believe every word is exactly what god said.

12 hours ago, bristolboy said:

Interesting? It's what one would expect from this in the bag for trump website. They raise tendentious and irrelevant issues whilst avoiding the obvious. The evidence massively and overwhelmingly establishes that the Crown Prince was behind this. Instead of evaluating the evidence, this article speculates about dark plots by the media and special interest groups. It paints a ridiculously exaggerated picture of Khsshoggi's past. 

some questions though are very relevant and can't be ignored

25 minutes ago, Naam said:

There you go, both the Koran and Bible condensed into one sentence 

the crucial difference lies in the ability to evolve.
the bible has been modified several times while the qr'an can't be amended because muslims believe every word is exactly what god said.
The ability to evolve? All religious books are at best vague. All are prone to interpretation. The priests/imams/rabbis of the time dictate the "meaning". Ask a Saudi about traffic laws and Sharia, that will make a boring day go quicker.

Sent from my SM-A500F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Archived