90 day reporting- first time

Please move this post to another thread if appropriate, thanks

Apologies in advance not done this re-entry mullarkey before. So coming back to Hua Hin in a few weeks but NB for the first time on re entry permit. I have been told what to do re filling in arrival card with my re entry permit number and I'll assume that's simply that.

However my question relates to 90 day reporting, and specifically what is required for me to get my stamp to carry on staying(I have permission until June 2019).

So to a 'virgin' like me, have I got until that date no matter what(subject to simply showing up every 90 days) OR is that reporting stamp subject to all the paperwork(that got me the retirement visa originally) being up to date? Do I need a fresh rental agreement that has another minimum 6 months to run as at the reporting date (nb that was a specific requirement at the start and I believe it applies to Hua Hin and not other places in Thai )

Any help appreciated thanks

Your 90 day reports have nothing to do with your permit to stay.

After leaving the country your 90 day report is due 90 days from the date you enter the country including that day in the count.

You need nothing more than your passport and a completed TM47 report form to do a 90 day report.

10 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You need nothing more than your passport and a completed TM47 report form to do a 90 day report.

Thanks Joe,

so looking at the TM47 online, it requires you to state your 'present address'. Sorry to labour this point but can i assume that that address can be anywhere and not necessarily the address you were at when you got your original(current) permission to stay. What im driving at is, the rental agreement i had when i successfully got my permission to stay in now no longer (necessarily) applicable.

thanks

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

If you have changed address you should report your change of address by way of a TM28 form. The may also want a TM30 form submitted.

ok, im trying to forsee if..

1. i need another, current, rental agreement (beyond the one i had originally which will have expired by my first report date)

and

2. if that agreement needs to run for a min of 6 months more (again which i wont have). 

If im reading you, and the TM 28/30 forms correctly, i think youre saying that i may/may not and its dependant upon the Immigration Officer?

You don't need a new lease agreement to the 90 day report unless you have moved.

The is no requirement for you to maintain a lease of any length.

You will not need one until next June you when you apply for a new extension of stay for proof of residence.

42 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You don't need a new lease agreement to the 90 day report unless you have moved.

but i will have moved, so i will take my current agreement with me 

just thinking.....so why bother telling them you've moved? i suppose when reporting(nb never done before) you are declaring where youre living and there may be consequences of a false declaration. Not that theyre asking for PROOF of your current address...

That said the TM 47 clearly states " i have been living in Thailand for 90 days and my present address is...." So in my case i will be able to truly state that my condo address is 'XYZ', and there's nothing on that form as to where you will be in the future. Now, at that point i suppose they may(may not) say "but we have your address(on your original applic) as somewhere different" and therefore i may have to change it then

Hopefully, as you say, the requirement for a further 6 months proof of residence does not apply for 90 day reporting

But noted re extending next year(proof of residence), yes, that makes sense

Hello,

In Hua Hin, the TM47 form has not been asked for more than a year.
I only go with my passport and the stapled appointment on a passport page.
No need for a rental agreement, but a clarification, I have the same address for almost 10 years. My file is in HUA HIN.

I put my question re 90-day report here.

Nonthaburi Immigration Office.

A while back I asked about how many days before/after 90-day sharp I could do the report

and was told 15 days in advance and 7 days after.

I arrived LoS on the 11th of July. Was at the office yesterday - but closed.

Handed in report to day, 16th of October.

Was told that I was late and that I would have to pay fine for being 1 day late, 2000 baht.

Is this correct?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

Was told that I was late and that I would have to pay fine for being 1 day late, 2000 baht.

Is this correct?

You report was due on the 8th. Screenshot of date calculation (Windows). The 90 days includes the date of entry so that is why I used 89 days.

image.png.679cf3dddb94828cf26249fccd4ade07.png

So yes you were past the 7 days after the report date. Your last day to the report would of been the 14th since they count the report date when they count it. It is everyday not only days they are open.

9 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You report was due on the 8th. Screenshot of date calculation (Windows). The 90 days includes the date of entry so that is why I used 89 days.

So yes you were past the 7 days after the report date. Your last day to the report would of been the 14th since they count the report date when they count it. It is everyday not only days they are open.

ok, ta. 2 cases of Heineken - bit stiff. mai pen rai

57 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Are you saying that it does not matter if the 7th day is a weekend day you must do it before then, and you are not allowed to do it the first day the Immigration opens

17 minutes ago, offset said:

Are you saying that it does not matter if the 7th day is a weekend day you must do it before then, and you are not allowed to do it the first day the Immigration opens

Yes I am saying that.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sirocco said:

No need for a rental agreement, but a clarification, I have the same address for almost 10 years.

thanks Sirocco, will assume one gets this 'appointment' upon arrival at Immigration

Not suggesting you are, but clearly 'you' could be just telling them you are still at the original address, because as im reading it, you dont need to actually prove it! Seems odd that you need a new rental agreement if you have moved, logically you should have one for wherever you are at that point, or not at all.

However this is LOS and i will smile and follow the orders!