U.S. Sen. Warren, mocked by Trump as 'Pocahontas,' says DNA test backs her ancestry

webfact

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Warren's release of the results was criticized by Cherokee Nation Secretary of State Chuck Hoskin Jr., who said; "Using a DNA test to lay claim to any connection to the Cherokee Nation or any tribal nation, even vaguely, is inappropriate and wrong."

LOL. Seems the Native Americans don't want her.

DNA testing can reveal almost everything, so it should prove the 1700 claim one way or another.

Regardless, a tiny part of one race does not give anyone claim to be part of that race. We are all mongrels if one goes back far enough, and of course, we all originated in Africa.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

It was trump who alleged she was making false claims. It was Trump who challenged her to prove it. Now that she has, he's reneging. First he denied he said it, not he's resetting the terms for honoring it.

Quelle surprise

1 minute ago, bristolboy said:

It was trump who alleged she was making false claims. It was Trump who challenged her to prove it. Now that she has, he's reneging. First he denied he said it, not he's resetting the terms for honoring it.

The test proves that she is no more Cherokee than I am. I could very well have a tiny part Spanish in my ancestry, but I wouldn't go making any claims to be a Spaniard even if I did. As I recall, she made the claim as part of a political campaign, and has got called out on it. Even the members of her "tribe" don't want her.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL. Seems the Native Americans don't want her.

DNA testing can reveal almost everything, so it should prove the 1700 claim one way or another.

Regardless, a tiny part of one race does not give anyone claim to be part of that race. We are all mongrels if one goes back far enough, and of course, we all originated in Africa.

PT doesn't believe her claim!  He also  said at the rally > He would discuss the wager after completing a test.  The test should be conducted at a debate on TV, if she was the candidate representing the DNC
 A native American also has some rather harsh views about her claim!

"No, these cretins in faux feather crowns must be criticized. Also, a DNA test doesn't make you Native and neither does family lore, but it does breed a parade of people who will use both for selfish gain".
"Warren claims now to have Native American heritage. And her claim to having such heritage -- versus a claim of actually being Native -- feels sneaky to me".
"Warren's sample had a lot of markers that are common to European ancestry, and a few that are common to what the researchers think could be Native American ancestry. The reason Bustamante thinks Warren probably has a Native American ancestor is that some DNA segments in her sample matched with segments from people native to Mexico, Peru, and Colombia. Those similarities suggest Warren likely had a Native American relative about eight generations ago".
  • Like 1

"In Warren's case, the test didn't conclusively say whether her DNA matches that of current Native American tribal populations in the US. The researchers said making that connection wouldn't be possible, since "Native American groups within the US have not chosen to participate in recent population genetics studies."

https://www.businessinsider.com/elizabeth-warren-dna-test-science-2018-10

• Like 1

I think it might be pointed out that not all the Cherokees were moved, along with other tribes during the, “Trail of Tears” forced westward migration. There were substantial numbers remaining in the Smokies where the Eastern Cherokees remain to this day.

You mean this trail of tears?
“But the most stunning discovery about the life of O.C. Sarah Smith Crawford is that her husband, Ms. Warren’s great-great-great grandfather, was apparently a member of the Tennessee Militia who rounded up Cherokees from their family homes in the Southeastern United States and herded them into government-built stockades in what was then called Ross’s Landing (now Chattanooga), Tennessee–the point of origin for the horrific Trail of Tears, which began in January, 1837.”
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2012/05/08/elizabeth-warren-ancestor-trail-of-tears/

2 hours ago, zydeco said:

Actually, scratch all that. It happens I am part Cherokee and Choctaw.  A helluva lot more than Warren is.  It would never occur to me to peddle that for any favors.  And, yes, I have not only photographs of my Cherokee ancestors but names, lineages, birthplaces, and death records.  It's not just "family lore."

Good...because it was pointed out more than once, that she didn't "peddle that for any favors"!

So you must be totally okay with her, now!

Oh and by the way: no one gives two hot $4!ts about your heritage, because you were never attacked about it, by the President of the USA!

Small but important difference between Chief Zydeco and Elisabeth Warren!

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The test proves that she is no more Cherokee than I am. I could very well have a tiny part Spanish in my ancestry, but I wouldn't go making any claims to be a Spaniard even if I did. As I recall, she made the claim as part of a political campaign, and has got called out on it. Even the members of her "tribe" don't want her.

It 

doesn't

matter

what 

you

probably

are!

Get it?!

But if you ever get attacked by a big mouth idiot, who challenges your Spanish- ancestry and you can prove it, I'd like to hear from you again!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, bristolboy said:

Okay, then Trump can pay out 1024th of a million dollars.

2 minutes ago, zydeco said:

And here is the bottom line:  El Warren has been utterly devastated by this latest news.  She and those who support her have LOST.  She is being ridiculed, denounced, and criticized across the ideological and political spectrum.  A political goner.

Do you have sources that back that up ? I'm just sayin

• Like 1

1 minute ago, riclag said:

Do you have sources that back that up ? I'm just sayin

Well Cherokee nation is denouncing her, Democratic strategists asking why she pulled this stunt 3 weeks before the election, and native american academics wanting to know why Warren is dishonoring tribal sovereignty in deciding who belongs to Native American traditions and heritage. Run a simple search, you will be overwhelmed.  

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, zydeco said:

Okay, then Trump can pay out 1024th of a million dollars.

Trump said she had no ancestry and he would pay up if she could prove she did. In addition you're being misleading at best The DNA test said she could have a cherokee ancester in a range from 6-10 generatons back. So only if it were 10 generations would it be 1/1024. It could be as much as 1/32. Which would fit with the fact that she claims a great great great great grandmother being Cherokee. She never claimed more ancestry than that.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

It could be as much as 1/32. Which would fit with the fact that she claims a great great great great grandmother being Cherokee.

See the three words that do not go together in your sentence?  "Could," "should," and "fact."

Edited by zydeco
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, zydeco said:

See the three words that do not go together in your sentence?  "Could," "should," and "fact."

"In Warren's case, the test didn't conclusively say whether her DNA matches that of current Native American tribal populations in the US. The researchers said making that connection wouldn't be possible, since "Native American groups within the US have not chosen to participate in recent population genetics studies."

Just now, riclag said:

Yes, saw that. Her consultant used Indians from Peru and Colombia, I think. American Indians weren't consulted, nor their criteria.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, zydeco said:

Yes, saw that. Her consultant used Indians from Peru and Colombia, I think. American Indians weren't consulted, nor their criteria.

Since their criteria have nothing to do with the science genetics, but are cultural why would her consultant use them? He's a scientist.

• Like 1