Repeat Application For 60 Day Tourist Visa - Success!

Seems like the issue is just the 30 day visa runs. I think no restrictions on Tourist visas. We will see.

Only time will tell.

Unless Immigration comes up with a policy like Nepal,

where you can only stay for 6 months in any one year..............

Where is your evidence for making this comment?

This is scaremongering....why do you think the Thai authorities would now introduce such a change?

To me , it is quite simple to understand why the laws are being enforced....the Thai authorities have belatedly realised that there were many people staying long term in Thailand,and who were paying money to other countries,in order to stay here for free.

It really is simple to understand.....if you want to stay here for a long time....BUY A VISA!!

Seems like the issue is just the 30 day visa runs. I think no restrictions on Tourist visas. We will see.

Only time will tell.

Unless Immigration comes up with a policy like Nepal,

where you can only stay for 6 months in any one year..............

Where is your evidence for making this comment?

This is scaremongering....why do you think the Thai authorities would now introduce such a change?

To me , it is quite simple to understand why the laws are being enforced....the Thai authorities have belatedly realised that there were many people staying long term in Thailand,and who were paying money to other countries,in order to stay here for free.

It really is simple to understand.....if you want to stay here for a long time....BUY A VISA!!

ronw

Finally someone who seems to have the answer to our visa problems.

We dont wanna brake the laws or bend any rules, just live here in comfort.

Our facts;

Myself + wife - Both below 50

Daughter 10 yo - Attends an International School

None of us are Thai citizens.

None of us work.

We do no business.

Retirement income appx. 150k per month.

"It really is simple to understand.....if you want to stay here for a long time....BUY A VISA!!"

Ok, you got the facts - Now please inform me what Visa to buy.

Tony

M

Yes RONW pls advise us.

Do not disappear like the others after your statement, we are waiting your valuable support.

I saw this issues going up here and there with no sense posts,

but nobody is answering to above (TonyMontana) simple question.

The only option is Elite Card, if you are ref. to this one I suggest you look

the related topics....

Yes RONW pls advise us.

Do not disappear like the others after your statement, we are waiting your valuable support.

I saw this issues going up here and there with no sense posts,

but nobody is answering to above (TonyMontana) simple question.

The only option is Elite Card, if you are ref. to this one I suggest you look

the related topics....

Geppis72

Must agree with you - here's another <deleted> 'besserwisser' that throw shit around,

without any substance to back up his post.

Simple question from me - and - No answer... :o

Tony

In answer to dolvetius and to inform every other interested party, I am presently in Singapore obtaing my visa.

I currently hold a 3 month single entry visa (O). I am under 50yrs old, unmarried and I have a 5 yr old son whom I have sole custody via legal proceedings taken through Thai courts.

Today I have just returned from the embassy, where I checked on getting 1 yr O visa. IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!!!!

3 Month no problem. However the goalposts have moved yet again. I was informed today that the next time I go for a O visa, even though it is only 3 months, I will have to show proof of 400,000 baht in bank..

The only way to get 12 month is WITH marriage certificate OR over 50 meeting all the financial criteria.

So please do not listen to this MR dolvetius who obviously is a wind up merchant!!!!!!!!

In answer to dolvetius and to inform every other interested party, I am presently in Singapore obtaing my visa.

I currently hold a 3 month single entry visa (O). I am under 50yrs old, unmarried and I have a 5 yr old son whom I have sole custody via legal proceedings taken through Thai courts.

Today I have just returned from the embassy, where I checked on getting 1 yr O visa. IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!!!!

3 Month no problem. However the goalposts have moved yet again. I was informed today that the next time I go for a O visa, even though it is only 3 months, I will have to show proof of 400,000 baht in bank..

The only way to get 12 month is WITH marriage certificate OR over 50 meeting all the financial criteria.

So please do not listen to this MR dolvetius who obviously is a wind up merchant!!!!!!!!

Jack, Jack, Jack..... you forgot about the key ingredient in making everything smooth and easy to obtain a non-O in Singapore.... and that is...

you simply need a Swiss passport like his... and everything would have been just an easy cakewalk like his was.... :o

Edited by sriracha john

Just a reminder that you do not obtain a non immigrant visa from any Consulate in the area without having solid reason for it, such as family in Thailand. And a multi entry version is even harder to obtain at most places (if available at all).

I agree. I called a visa agency in Penang to ask if it was possible to get a non imm O if I produced a letter of invitation from a foreign resident with a regular income and I was turned down. My work permit expired at the end of last year. I went to Vientiane with a letter from a volunteer organisation registered in Thailand (my actual employer) and all I got was 30 days tourist visa. My other fellow volunteers got a non-imm O instead.. Now heading to Penang for a 2 +1 month tourist visa before I'm booted out of Thailand.. One question: it is actually possible to apply for a work permit without having to pay 20/30 thousand Baht under the table? Not every farang is rich here..

One question: it is actually possible to apply for a work permit without having to pay 20/30 thousand Baht under the table? Not every farang is rich here..

Have you paid anything “under the table” for a work permit? I don’t think so. That was a stupid and unwarranted allegation to make.

Some people use the services of a lawyer and they pay the lawyer’s fee plus VAT “on the table”.

--

Maestro

One question: it is actually possible to apply for a work permit without having to pay 20/30 thousand Baht under the table? Not every farang is rich here..

Have you paid anything “under the table” for a work permit? I don’t think so. That was a stupid and unwarranted allegation to make.

Some people use the services of a lawyer and they pay the lawyer’s fee plus VAT “on the table”.

--

Maestro

Maestro any interesting ideas about post 32 and 33 ?

Thanks for your first hand experience report.

Interrersteing to know thay would provide 1 year if married to Thai or over 50 AND meeting financial requirements.

I was under the impression that Singapore did not 'DO' the 1 year Non-O but only the 3 months and then only single ones

Did they confirm that for married it was 400k and over 50 it is 800k for a one year ? Would it be a multi one year ?

Maestro any interesting ideas about post 32 and 33 ?

Your talking about the farang couple, both below 50, 10 year old daughter in school in Thailand.

I remember seeing a thread about an analogous case last week – can’t find it now – except that the couple had two children in school, where Sunbelt gave free professional advice. One parent – regrettably only one – can get annual extensions based on children in school. The other parent’s best option is tourist visas or, with some luck, multiple-entry non-O visas from an understanding honorary consulate in the home country.

Personally, knowing this regulation and if I were in this situation, I would not bring my child to Thailand to go to school here. There must be better options elsewhere in the world, if schooling in the home country is out of the question. In other words, knowing the restrictions, I would not go to Thailand and then complain about it.

--

Maestro

maestro

"I would not go to Thailand and then complain about it"

Who is complaining???

Well, i complained at the poster that couldn't back up his post, but not about Thailand.

"In other words, knowing the restrictions"

You are probably very well aware of that the circumstances regarding visa has changed quiet recently.

When we got here 2 years ago we easily got triple entry tv.

"I would not bring my child to Thailand to go to school here. There must be better options elsewhere in the world"

What kind of bs is that? You dont even know what school our daughter attend and why should we look elsewhere?

We are happy about our life here and the school the daughter attend( a bit expensive though...).

All I am doing is trying to find a solution that is as easy and convenient as possible.

If nothing is available - then we will do our visit to a consulate/embassy every three months. No probz.

Tony

Interrersteing to know thay would provide 1 year if married to Thai or over 50 AND meeting financial requirements.

I was under the impression that Singapore did not 'DO' the 1 year Non-O but only the 3 months and then only single ones

Did they confirm that for married it was 400k and over 50 it is 800k for a one year ? Would it be a multi one year ?

Basically, the lady boss at the Thai embassy in Singapore is NOT really farang friendly. The last time I was here I was trying to understand the difference between me being a single father and being married. If you have a marriage cert, then according to her a 1 yr visa is no problem. If single, even though a Thai court has granted me sole custody of my son, having had to prove my financial well being to the court, this is not enough for this lady.

Furthermore as I said originally, there is a further 'obstacle ' as from March. Anyone applYing for a 3 month visa now has to show a bank statement with 400K.

She told me in no uncertain terms that if I go back in 3 months, even though I have my sons birth certificate and legal papers showing myself to be the sole legal custodian, that I will have to present the embassy proof of income/financial well being.

Fortunately this is not a problem for me, but I just wanted to warn other members that if they are in a similar situation that they need to show bank statements from hereon on.

Basically, the lady boss at the Thai embassy in Singapore is NOT really farang friendly. The last time I was here I was trying to understand the difference between me being a single father and being married. If you have a marriage cert, then according to her a 1 yr visa is no problem. If single, even though a Thai court has granted me sole custody of my son, having had to prove my financial well being to the court, this is not enough for this lady.

Furthermore as I said originally, there is a further 'obstacle ' as from March. Anyone applYing for a 3 month visa now has to show a bank statement with 400K.

She told me in no uncertain terms that if I go back in 3 months, even though I have my sons birth certificate and legal papers showing myself to be the sole legal custodian, that I will have to present the embassy proof of income/financial well being.

Fortunately this is not a problem for me, but I just wanted to warn other members that if they are in a similar situation that they need to show bank statements from hereon on.

I have always had the impression that Sinagpore requested proof of funds before issuing Non-Im O (at least when over 50, in view of retirement) but never gave 1 year.

I myself a few years ago had to quicky go back to my hotel room and bring them copies of my bank statements to show I had 800k equivalent and even then only gave a 90 days single telling me if I wanted more, I had to apply within Thailand to extend.

if Singapore now would be willing to give 1 year Non-Im O if you can provide proof of funds, this would bring them into the club if 'friendly' Embassies in the region.

it is the first time it seems that is what your post suggested they might be willing to do

I have always had the impression that Sinagpore requested proof of funds before issuing Non-Im O (at least when over 50, in view of retirement) but never gave 1 year.

I myself a few years ago had to quicky go back to my hotel room and bring them copies of my bank statements to show I had 800k equivalent and even then only gave a 90 days single telling me if I wanted more, I had to apply within Thailand to extend.

if Singapore now would be willing to give 1 year Non-Im O if you can provide proof of funds, this would bring them into the club if 'friendly' Embassies in the region.

it is the first time it seems that is what your post suggested they might be willing to do

They granted me a 3 month O last time and this time without financial proof, based on family reasons(taking care 5 yr old son)

They inform me that with marriage cert and proof of income that 1 yr would be granted.

Under 50/unmarried, no 1 yr visa immaterial of financial standing or anything else