Repeat Application For 60 Day Tourist Visa - Success!

I fall into that category of non-working, not married, under 50 year olds that used to do monthly visa runs and have now had to change that.

I applied for my first one at the end of Oct, and that expired a couple of weeks ago. So a little nervous about being turned down (I do want to stay in the country) I went to Penang, stayed at the Banana Guesthouse on Chulia St in Georgetown (they were excellent and highly recommended), paid the fee and let the agents sort it out.

And it was fine :-) Okay, there's no guarantee I won't get turned down on a subsequent visit, but with all of the questions about whether 60 day (extendable) visitor's visas affect the 90 day limit for VOAs, well in my experience it wasn't an issue.

I hope this gives some reassurance to others in the same boat as I am.

Mark...

I fall into that category of non-working, not married, under 50 year olds that used to do monthly visa runs and have now had to change that.

I applied for my first one at the end of Oct, and that expired a couple of weeks ago. So a little nervous about being turned down (I do want to stay in the country) I went to Penang, stayed at the Banana Guesthouse on Chulia St in Georgetown (they were excellent and highly recommended), paid the fee and let the agents sort it out.

And it was fine :-) Okay, there's no guarantee I won't get turned down on a subsequent visit, but with all of the questions about whether 60 day (extendable) visitor's visas affect the 90 day limit for VOAs, well in my experience it wasn't an issue.

I hope this gives some reassurance to others in the same boat as I am.

Mark...

Thanks for the update, that certainly is positive information. Where did you get your first tourist visa? Was it also from Penang, or somewhere else?

===============================================================

Thanks for the update, that certainly is positive information.

There is an issue here .... he didn't do a other 90 days VOA in between. So there is no relation between the VOA and getting another TR ...

I rather would like to hear from somebody who:

1 - Did 90 days VOA

2 - TR in Penang (or elsewehere)

3 - another 90 days VOA

4 - another TR in Penang

Of course impossible at this time. We'll probably get a better view in July or so ...

Previously it was possible to get upto 3 TR's in a row ....

The time is simply too short to give a conclusion if there is a relation between VOA and getting a second TR.

Edited by sniffdog

Hello all,

On Oct 6 got 3 mths Tourist visa in KL. Then went to India for 2 weeks , returned and received the 30 day permit at airport with yellow mark. 3 weeks later went to Laos and got another 60 day T.Visa. So 2 tourist Visas since Oct 6th.

Seems like the issue is just the 30 day visa runs. I think no restrictions on Tourist visas. We will see.

Chen168

Seems like the issue is just the 30 day visa runs. I think no restrictions on Tourist visas. We will see.

Only time will tell.

Unless Immigration comes up with a policy like Nepal,

where you can only stay for 6 months in any one year..............

markwhite, may I suggest that next time, you get a 1 year non-immigrant 'O' visa multiple entry instead. It is a little more expensive but, with this kind of visa, you will get an entry stamp valid for 3 months and then you only need to make subsequent visa runs to the border every 3 months, and this for a period of 1 year. Afterwards, you will just need to repeat the process (get another 1 year non-imm O multiple entry).

I am under the same situation you describe, and I just got mine, so no more worries. Hope this was helpful.

markwhite, may I suggest that next time, you get a 1 year non-immigrant 'O' visa multiple entry instead. It is a little more expensive but, with this kind of visa, you will get an entry stamp valid for 3 months and then you only need to make subsequent visa runs to the border every 3 months, and this for a period of 1 year. Afterwards, you will just need to repeat the process (get another 1 year non-imm O multiple entry).

I am under the same situation you describe, and I just got mine, so no more worries. Hope this was helpful.

Do you have to go back to your country of origin to getone of these? You make it sound simple. Please expand. What paperwork etc.

Do you have to go back to your country of origin to getone of these? You make it sound simple. Please expand. What paperwork etc.

It's not necessary to go back to your country of origin because the non-imm O visa is a common type of visa. Most embassies and consulates around Thailand can do it. And yes, it is quite simple, and lots of people are going for it now. Only the passport, an id photo, and to fill in the form.

Edited by dolvetius

It's not necessary to go back in your country of origin because the non-imm O visa is a common type of visa. Most embassies and consulates around Thailand can do it. And yes, it is quite simple, and lots of people are going for it now. Only the passport, an id photo, and to fill in the form.

Proof of funds needed?

Kindly inform us where this happened.

According to the experts on here that cannot be done, certainly not in Asia.

I tried for one in Singapore and was only allowed a 90 day one

I went to Laos and got a 90 day Non 'O' this runs out early next month, can i get a year extension, or another 90 dayer? :o

I went to Laos and got a 90 day Non 'O' this runs out early next month, can i get a year extension, or another 90 dayer? :o

To be honest with you there are many many threads on these points that you can look up on previous dates.

I believe that in some situations you CAN get a 1 yr extension provided you prove money in the bank/age etc etc etc.

I also know that I can go back to Singapore and get a 90 day NON O without any problems or red tape. I am doing the second option

Just a reminder that you do not obtain a non immigrant visa from any Consulate in the area without having solid reason for it, such as family in Thailand. And a multi entry version is even harder to obtain at most places (if available at all).

I got it in Singapore. Frankly, I would not trust so much the so-called "experts" on this site. If you check it carefully, you'll realize that you can read everything ... and its opposite here.

And to answer someone else's point, no proof of funds was required.

I got it in Singapore. Frankly, I would not trust so much the so-called "experts" on this site. If you check it carefully, you'll realize that you can read everything ... and its opposite here.

With the greatest respect to yourself, lopburi and sunbelt know most things concerning visas.

You CANNOT get a 1 yr visa in Singapore UNLESS you are married and provide the marriage cert.

Even in relation to family. I have a 5yr old who is in my custody(legally) but because I am below 50 yrs old I am only allowed 90 days.

Please dont go slagging off people on this thread who have been extremely helpful in giving good advice re visas

With the greatest respect to yourself, lopburi and sunbelt know most things concerning visas.

You CANNOT get a 1 yr visa in Singapore UNLESS you are married and provide the marriage cert.

Even in relation to family. I have a 5yr old who is in my custody(legally) but because I am below 50 yrs old I am only allowed 90 days.

Please dont go slagging off people on this thread who have been extremely helpful in giving good advice re visas

This Visa thing is verging on being hilarious, we have to pay money to stay here and spend money, i can only imagine the situation will become worse, you would have thought being married to a Thai national would make it easier to reside in the Kingdom, it seems not, just another proverbial spanner in the works. :o

Thanks for the update, that certainly is positive information.

There is an issue here .... he didn't do a other 90 days VOA in between. So there is no relation between the VOA and getting another TR ...

I rather would like to hear from somebody who:

1 - Did 90 days VOA

2 - TR in Penang (or elsewehere)

3 - another 90 days VOA

4 - another TR in Penang

Of course impossible at this time. We'll probably get a better view in July or so ...

Previously it was possible to get upto 3 TR's in a row ....

The time is simply too short to give a conclusion if there is a relation between VOA and getting a second TR.

Think of it as a 6 month block cycle. In this 6 month block, you can ONLY do 3 border visa run of 30 days each + 1 TV of 2 months stay + 1 month extention on your TV = 6 months. It is not necessary to be in that order, meaning to say it can also be....... 2 border visa run of 30 days each + 1 TV of 2 months stay +1 month extention + 1 border visa run of 30 days = 6 months. After this is over, another 6 month block comes in to the picture.

sO

With greatest respect to yourself, let me repeat here that you are WRONG: you can get a 1 year non-imm multiple O visa in Singapore EVEN IF you are not married and EVEN IF you are below 50 years. This is precisely what I did last month. I do not know your story and I won't comment on it. I would appreciate it if in return, you could refrain from making remarks such as your "You CANNOT..." when you don't know anything about the topic.

The purpose of my contribution here was simply to help the initial poster here, markwhite, by giving him some advice. And I am not slagging off anyone here, just trying to make people aware that it is better to ask around rather than blindly trusting whatever can be written on a web site.

With greatest respect to yourself, let me repeat here that you are WRONG: you can get a 1 year non-imm multiple O visa in Singapore EVEN IF you are not married and EVEN IF you are below 50 years. This is precisely what I did last month. I do not know your story and I won't comment on it. I would appreciate it if in return, you could refrain from making remarks such as your "You CANNOT..." when you don't know anything about the topic.

The purpose of my contribution here was simply to help the initial poster here, markwhite, by giving him some advice. And I am not slagging off anyone here, just trying to make people aware that it is better to ask around rather than blindly trusting whatever can be written on a web site.

Is it only in Singapore that you can do that? What about other Thai embassy/consulate? As i understand, all embassies/consulate of Thailand throughout the world are following the laws of Thailand. Is it possible someone screw up down in Singapore? Cause I know too that it is not possible to obtain im O multi with just a passport, photos and the forms. If it is so, then why is all us mad people running around like mad dogs to border immigration etc etc? :D Having said this, I hope you are right, and I am dead wrong, Singapore here I come. :o

So what reason did you give for receiving this visa. I know people who have been refused, including myself.

What you are stating is completely opposite to what everybody elss including myself have experienced. So pray tell, what is your secret?

So what reason did you give for receiving this visa. I know people who have been refused, including myself.

What you are stating is completely opposite to what everybody elss including myself have experienced. So pray tell, what is your secret?

I gave no reason, and I have no secret. I just asked them if they could renew my non-imm O visa, as the previous one I had had just expired.

I gave no reason, and I have no secret. I just asked them if they could renew my non-imm O visa, as the previous one I had had just expired.

Under 50 not married to Thai and got a multi entry 1 year Non-IM O from Singapore without a reason other than renew an expired similar visa ? No funds, tickets, etc ?

Can you tell us if that was a very recent experience and what is the country of your passport ?

Thanks

Edited by Krub

Under 50 not married to Thai and got a multi entry 1 year Non-IM O from Singapore without a reason other than renew an expired similar visa ? No funds, tickets, etc ?

Can you tell us if that was a very recent experience and what is the country of your passport ?

Thanks

If it was so easy to get non-immigrant O's there wouldn't be any point stuggling for tourist visas.

Dolvetius, we're all waiting here to learn your secrets. This is a serious matter, so please take us all seriously.

Thanks

A rather recent experience: last month. And I have a Swiss passport.

Getting a multi-entry Non -O easy is just plain nonsense.

Sunbelt can provide sponsor documents for around 7,000 baht. With these documents you can apply for a ME Non-O

OUTSIDE South East Asia.

The country preferred (closest) is Australia.

Ignore all TV suggestions and read:

http://www.lawyer.th.com/Thailand-Visa.asp

Edited by sniffdog