WATCH: Thai cave rescue boys on The Ellen Show meeting Zlatan Ibrahimovic

webfact

37 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

I am very happy the boys were rescued and all survived. But lets face it, all they done was got trapped in a cave and then suddenly they`re worldwide celebrities.

The real heroes are the teams that rescued them and not forgetting that the negligence of the team coach cost one man his life. If anything, it should be the rescuers both Thais and the foreign rescue teams that should be on that show with the boys.  

The rescuers, at least the foreigners, are also getting their share of fame, being hosted by the British prime minister, then by members of the Royal family, not to mention multiple invitations worldwide.

Yet, their fame is more low key than that of the boys, because this is how our world of bread and circus is working.

It is all about ratings, and a group of young football players will do much better than a couple of bald divers, even if the latter are the real heroes.

Just look who is making the headlines and is getting invited to TV shows...Stormy Daniels for her acrobatics with the Golden Golem...Meghan Markle for having married a prince...real heroes are not flashy enough...

5 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Nobody likes a showoff? :sorry:

OK, that's a flip comment but in some ways it isn't fair that one boy would get much more attention internationally because he happens to speak English. They visit as a group, as a team, and the team doesn't speak English. 

He was also the one who spoke to the first rescuers because only he could speak english.

It should be shown on tv that the guy can communicate with the farang so they all want to learn english.

One day a Thai man was drawning next to me in sea, all he could yell was HEY HEY ...he was lucky i reacted to that this time.....

6 hours ago, Brunolem said:

June is not the middle of the rain season, which is officially starting in July!

Mistakes can be made, except by guys like you obviously...

Celebrity comes and goes...are the Kardashians more worthy of it than the Wild Boars?

As for fortune, while the K certainly have made one, I have not heard that the kids had become millionaires lately.

Finally, one would like to see how you would react once trapped in a totally dark place for days, with no food and little water...only after such an experience could you evaluate the amount of courage (heroism) required to survive it.

maybe we could get all these celebrity types to do a wild boar challenge

12 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Lovely to see them but I worry about the one kid who has gotten quite fat. Someone may need to tell his parents & relatives not to ply him with food if that is what is going on. An understandable reaction but harmful in the long run.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Just look at Maradona!

12 hours ago, surangw said:

how much under the table paid for fast visas for them and their  handlers  ?

You don't need to pay under the table when you are a guest of honor of the International Olympic Committee (IOC), doors just open themselves in front of you...

18 hours ago, nodomino said:

What a foolish and insulting thing to say.  I’m going to go out on a limb and guess that this commenter knows nothing about those boys or their families. But this obvious and profound ignorance is no impediment to his casting Ill will and mean spiritedness into the public celebration and acknowledgment of the courage, and sacrifice of many, many individuals. 

if your neck was a  limb I'd agree.

20 hours ago, DM07 said:

Don't look to close- you might see, that it vanished here, many years ago, too!

It hasn't vanished in my Thai family.

We looked after my wife's Mum for nearly 5 years until she died a couple of years ago. The family down in BKK and my wife from here in Khampaeng Phet took it in turns to look after my FIL during his last year of life before he died almost a year ago.

It must be because the family are not HiSo, don't have degrees up the ying yang, are not Chinese but they do love their family.

20 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Nobody likes a showoff? :sorry:

OK, that's a flip comment but in some ways it isn't fair that one boy would get much more attention internationally because he happens to speak English. They visit as a group, as a team, and the team doesn't speak English. 

Wouldn't have thought asking a couple of leading questions on how they all felt being trapped and the arrival of the first divers would be giving too much attention - at least it would be a first hand comment and not massaged to suit any other agenda. 

On 10/16/2018 at 9:12 PM, Sheryl said:

Lovely to see them but I worry about the one kid who has gotten quite fat. Someone may need to tell his parents & relatives not to ply him with food if that is what is going on. An understandable reaction but harmful in the long run.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

They have to stop the American food and come back to their  life in Thailand

To answer something above, I live in a "moo ban ", and support the family is a normal thing here, not something from the past 

The Panhandle folks had plenty of warning of the storm approaching and the Boars were caught off guard with the rain starting after they entered the cave. Then of course the former are Americans so not the sharpest knives in the draw.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/more-thousand-remain-missing-week-hurricane-michael-084059351.html

On 10/16/2018 at 7:50 PM, Brunolem said:

You don't need to pay under the table when you are a guest of honor of the International Olympic Committee (IOC), doors just open themselves in front of you...

so, special treatment  over all the other honest Thai persons that apply for a visa ?

11 hours ago, surangw said:

so, special treatment  over all the other honest Thai persons that apply for a visa ?

A very special treatment...at government level!

They didn't even have to show up at any embassy, all was taken care of by the authorities who probably delivered their stamped passports in Bangkok just before boarding the plane...without having to go through luggage check-in and immigration lines...

Archived