WATCH: Thai cave rescue boys on The Ellen Show meeting Zlatan Ibrahimovic

webfact

WATCH: Thai cave rescue boys on The Ellen Show meeting Zlatan Ibrahimovic

ellen.jpg

video screenshot

The twelve boys and their football coach who were rescued from a cave in Chiang Rai have made their first studio appearance on the The Ellen DeGeneres Show in the United States.

During the interview the boys, who are part of the ‘Wild Boars’ football academy were surprised by their hero, former Juventus, Inter Milan, Barcelona and Manchester United star Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

Zlatan made his appearance just as the boys named him as their idol.

Zlatan, 37, who currently plays for Major League Soccer team LA Galaxy praised the boys and their coach for their bravery and said they were the “best team in the world”.

The group made headlines around the world in June after becoming trapped deep inside the Tham Luang cave, sparking a huge rescue mission.

The trapped boys were rescued after being found by two British cave divers on July 10th.

The boys said that they meditated and prayed while trapped in the cave.

They told Ellen their goal now is to get a good education and a good job to help support their families. They also said they would like to be professional footballers.

The boys looked visibly taken aback when Zlatan appeared during the interview.

"I thought that that was brave, but this team is braver than me," Zlatan said.

"They showed their collective team work and had patience... believing in other hands also.

"This is probably the best team in the world."

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-10-16

3 hours ago, gunderhill said:

Good  luck with that in Thailand and lose the "need  to  support  family".

What a foolish and insulting thing to say.  I’m going to go out on a limb and guess that this commenter knows nothing about those boys or their families. But this obvious and profound ignorance is no impediment to his casting Ill will and mean spiritedness into the public celebration and acknowledgment of the courage, and sacrifice of many, many individuals. 

14 minutes ago, evadgib said:

That particular trait is one that I most admire about Thai culture. It vanished in my homeland years ago.

Don't look to close- you might see, that it vanished here, many years ago, too!

Heartwarming.

Lovely to see those kids enjoying themselves.

Great to see their faces when Zlatan walked in!

8 minutes ago, DM07 said:

This is, how far being dumb as a brick, not thinking for 5 satang and general neglect can get you!

Impressive!

:coffee1:

7 minutes ago, DM07 said:

Don't look to close- you might see, that it vanished here, many years ago, too!

Glass half empty type of guy?

Bad hair day?

Or just a complete loser?

7 minutes ago, Thian said:

Iirc there was one boy who could speak english....why didn't she/he interview him? 

Nobody likes a showoff? :sorry:

OK, that's a flip comment but in some ways it isn't fair that one boy would get much more attention internationally because he happens to speak English. They visit as a group, as a team, and the team doesn't speak English. 

31 minutes ago, thaiguzzi said:

Heartwarming.

Lovely to see those kids enjoying themselves.

Great to see their faces when Zlatan walked in!

Glass half empty type of guy?

Bad hair day?

Or just a complete loser?

No...just someone, who does not understand the hype around these kids!

Remind me again, how they got, where they are now?

Here is s a little help: going into a cave in the middle of the rainy season and getting stuck there!

And spare me the "the sign said"- narrative and how heroicly they looked out for each other, after they got trapped!

Don't get me wrong: the second part is the good part- but that should not lead to fame and fortune!

How about thousands of kids, who don't act like morons (or adults like their coach) and they get nothing?

What kind of example is this?

39 minutes ago, vogie said:

Your humility course was money well wasted.

Oh...my friend vogie again!

How could I ever do without your wisdom?

I didn't take any humility course...and obviously: these kids also didn't do!

Just now, DM07 said:

Here is s a little help: going into a cave in the middle of the rainy season and getting stuck there!

And spare me the "the sign said"- narrative and how heroicly they looked out for each other, after they got trapped!

Don't get me wrong: the second part is the good part- but that should not lead to fame and fortune!

How about thousands of kids, who don't act like morons (or adults like their coach) and they get nothing?

not to mention the guy who died trying to save them! from the folly.

19 minutes ago, DM07 said:

June is not the middle of the rain season, which is officially starting in July!

Mistakes can be made, except by guys like you obviously...

Celebrity comes and goes...are the Kardashians more worthy of it than the Wild Boars?

As for fortune, while the K certainly have made one, I have not heard that the kids had become millionaires lately.

Finally, one would like to see how you would react once trapped in a totally dark place for days, with no food and little water...only after such an experience could you evaluate the amount of courage (heroism) required to survive it.

This morning, The Duke of Cambridge is hosting a reception at Buckingham Palace to recognise the extraordinary contribution made by British rescue divers and support staff to the Tham Luang cave rescue effort in Thailand earlier this year.

Dpn9qsQWkAEA9Tu.jpg

30 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

June is not the middle of the rain season, which is officially starting in July!

Mistakes can be made, except by guys like you obviously...

Celebrity comes and goes...are the Kardashians more worthy of it than the Wild Boars?

As for fortune, while the K certainly have made one, I have not heard that the kids had become millionaires lately.

Finally, one would like to see how you would react once trapped in a totally dark place for days, with no food and little water...only after such an experience could you evaluate the amount of courage (heroism) required to survive it.

Yeah...and it had been raining for weeks at that time! 

As I said: spare me!

Mistakes CAN be made- but they should not be rewarded!

Don't care for the Kardashians and they don't matter in this context, so stop deflecting!

And I don't crawl into confined spaces like caves, during rainy season, so I guess, it is not very likely, I ever get to feel that "heroism"!

This is a bit of a more cynical comment.

Their collective boyhood dream (predictably) is to become star football players.

But realistically  the chances of that happening for even one of them is less than winning a big lottery.

So how about this for "helping their families?" 

Have them all tested for SINGING aptitude. Then a group of them could be trained in K-pop training camp and/or by Simon Cowell to become world famous T-pop stars in their boy band -- The Wild Boars. 

They already seem to enjoy going on world tours.

29 minutes ago, DM07 said:

Yeah...and it had been raining for weeks at that time! 

As I said: spare me!

Mistakes CAN be made- but they should not be rewarded!

Don't care for the Kardashians and they don't matter in this context, so stop deflecting!

And I don't crawl into confined spaces like caves, during rainy season, so I guess, it is not very likely, I ever get to feel that "heroism"!

Massive storms can happen at anytime of the year in Thailand...I have seen some in December!

So the cave should be locked year round to avoid all risk.

You don't need to go into a cave to be trapped for days in the dark, an earthquake, a tsunami or some other natural disaster can do that, and not only stupid or irresponsible people can be caught in such a disaster...that is, unless you consider people living in California or in Florida, for example, as irresponsible, because they knowingly expose themselves to recurring natural disasters.

What is the difference between someone who goes into a cave subject to flooding, and someone who builds a house close to the beach in Florida?

12 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Have them all tested for SINGING aptitude. Then a group of them could be trained in K-pop training camp and/or by Simon Cowell to become world famous T-pop stars in their boy band -- The Wild Boars. 

They already seem to enjoy going on world tours.

I don't think you need to sing to be in a k-pop band, just wear gayish clothes and repeat some basic dance moves in a group. Yeah they'd be a good candidate, need some media factory to promote the group and there you go. They probably wouldn't get any of the money though.

5 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

I don't think you need to sing to be in a k-pop band, just wear gayish clothes and repeat some basic dance moves in a group. Yeah they'd be a good candidate, need some media factory to promote the group and there you go. They probably wouldn't get any of the money though.

I agree you don't need to be a great singer to be in a successful boy band. The qualifications are basically being cute to young girls, some kind of charisma, and at least OK talent in singing and dancing. There's a good chance four of them from the team could be good enough for that. Yes they would need to be totally managed and packaged. They've already got the branding and international fame. No boy band ever had that before even starting. 

36 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

Massive storms can happen at anytime of the year in Thailand...I have seen some in December!

So the cave should be locked year round to avoid all risk.

You don't need to go into a cave to be trapped for days in the dark, an earthquake, a tsunami or some other natural disaster can do that, and not only stupid or irresponsible people can be caught in such a disaster...that is, unless you consider people living in California or in Florida, for example, as irresponsible, because they knowingly expose themselves to recurring natural disasters.

What is the difference between someone who goes into a cave subject to flooding, and someone who builds a house close to the beach in Florida?

Oh, dude...

Raining usually starts May - so from that moment on, at least be cautious!

But that doesn't happen in the land of Mao Bpen rai!

But by all means: celebrate not- thinking!

Speaking of that: a person, who bulids a house at the beach in Florida may be stupid- but I guess, in a number of cases, that person will make it to safety aone and without endangering others, for weeks!

Have a nice evening!

These kids will enjoy 5 minutes of fame, a few gifts and some fun...and after what they went through, they deserve every minute of it. They seem polite and thankful.

I hope they get an education and a good future...

The miserable posters on TV must be an absolute joy to be around. 

I am very happy the boys were rescued and all survived. But lets face it, all they done was got trapped in a cave and then suddenly they`re worldwide celebrities.

The real heroes are the teams that rescued them and not forgetting that the negligence of the team coach cost one man his life. If anything, it should be the rescuers both Thais and the foreign rescue teams that should be on that show with the boys.  

Archived