If the stock market tanks bigtime what stocks or investments are you considering buying at some point

2 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Thanks... wow... that was fast!  I wonder if the closure of the Total Market Index fund to new investment is just a temporary one.

But either way, sounds like Schwab will be offering something similar pretty soon.

So one further update. Just executed the transaction previously detailed in my last post. Although was able to open the Retirement Brokerage Acct online...was not able to move the existing Mutual Fund Acct IRAs to the new Retirement Brokerage acct. A simple call back and the rep did the transfer and exchange. Am now the proud owner of FZROX! 

:thumbsup:

• Like 1

On 10/21/2018 at 9:26 PM, Skeptic7 said:

So one further update. Just executed the transaction previously detailed in my last post. Although was able to open the Retirement Brokerage Acct online...was not able to move the existing Mutual Fund Acct IRAs to the new Retirement Brokerage acct. A simple call back and the rep did the transfer and exchange. Am now the proud owner of FZROX! 

now wait for the market to crash and your holdings are worth half its value. I dont know why anyone would buy at this stage of the cycle. Its all in a bubble. you should be buying after a huge correction not at the top now....

On 10/21/2018 at 9:26 PM, Skeptic7 said:

I just opened a new brokerage account this week as well, now finalizing documents and getting final acknowledgment that it is good to go then will xfer funds and close old brokerage account. The key is the conversion of CAD to USD. Today is the BOC meeting and will learn if they bump up the rate 25bps - and I believe the Finance Minister gives the autumn update today as well (not confirmed). Hopefully net net is a bump in CAD ????

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kuma said:

I just opened a new brokerage account this week as well, now finalizing documents and getting final acknowledgment that it is good to go then will xfer funds and close old brokerage account. The key is the conversion of CAD to USD. Today is the BOC meeting and will learn if they bump up the rate 25bps - and I believe the Finance Minister gives the autumn update today as well (not confirmed). Hopefully net net is a bump in CAD ????

On the subject of dividends - and aristocrats, came across this today. Have not read it yet but adding link as the title suggests it relates to that topic exactly....

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4213562-dividends-aristocrats-never-sell-false-gods-worship?ifp=0

On 10/24/2018 at 3:50 AM, davidst01 said:

now wait for the market to crash and your holdings are worth half its value. I dont know why anyone would buy at this stage of the cycle. Its all in a bubble. you should be buying after a huge correction not at the top now....

Time in the market not timing.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/28/2018 at 4:51 AM, j8k said:

Time in the market not timing.

I used to agree, and was a proponent of the 'total return' vs 'income' philosophy - but fearing now that this was due to the last 20+ anomaly of markets being artificially propped up, and that the time for a reckoning is coming - yes hard to know exactly when but I see nothing but overinflated assets almost everywhere, and as such am being very defensive for now....