Pocket hole screws ( kreg jig)

nick4665

7 minutes ago, Artisi said:

What's a pocket hole screw? 

I also didn't know what it is and just looked it up:

Pocket hole screws serve a specific purpose—sometimes a project calls for a screw that isn’t threaded from the drive to the tip. It’s important to use pocket hole screws to prevent damage, or a weaker hold when your project calls for it. And, just as every project requires a different type of screw, pocket hole screws are no exception. You may need a coarse thread, fine thread, square drive, or a specific point to achieve the desired results—no two projects are the same, and no two screw types should be used the same.

(from here: https://www.quickscrews.com/catalog/pocket-hole-screws)

I have never seen them in the big box stores but if you are in Chiamg Mai I can tell you exactly where to grt them.

You could of course improvise and use a washer on the end of a more regular screw.

Its the jig that I would have thought the harder to obtain.

4 hours ago, eyecatcher said:

I have never seen them in the big box stores but if you are in Chiamg Mai I can tell you exactly where to grt them.

You could of course improvise and use a washer on the end of a more regular screw.

On 10/17/2018 at 1:48 PM, eyecatcher said:

The jigs are easy to get http://www.thaicarpenter.com/index.php?lay=show&ac=search_vela_product&search=Kreg jig&&pparamCount=0&searchvela=dosearch 

though not cheap 

the Lazada price is really high as the same size from Thaicarpenter are 4,500 for 1,000

Edited by sometimewoodworker