Extension of Stay for Dependants

I got my retirement extension of stay last week at Jomtien Immigration. Went down today with wife and daughter to get there's and although been okay in the past had some difficulty today.

The problem seems to be we have a foreign marriage certificate and birth certificate which now needs some stamp on the back from the Department of Consular Affairs in Bangkok. Fortunately we are going up to Bangkok next week so hopefully will get the required stamp then.

If anybody else has had to do this would be grateful if you could give me a 'heads-up' on what documents etc. I will need to take to the Department of Consular Affairs.

Cheers

Foreign marriage and birth certificates have to be legalized if that is what they are wanting.

The Department of Consular Affairs will only legalize documents issued here in the country.

In what country was the certificates issued. Some embassies will legalize them and others will let you do a statement that the are true or correct that immigration will accept.

Both Certificates issued in Hong Kong however wife has a Philippine passport and daughter a British passport. The official at jomtien gave me a bit of paper with the address of the Department of Consular Affairs and a copy of the stamp he was wanting. He also said this was a new requirement this year and only needed a once only endorsement.

The stamp is signed by a General Service Officer Experienced Level of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Thailand and is Certifying it is the Genuine Signature of and then the name has been inserted (thinking this will be signature of whoever has signed the document on the other side). All written in English.