Video: Find this driver "lacking humanity" after tourist collision

webfact

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/18/2018 at 1:57 PM, Wiggy said:

"Only a fool breaks the two-second rule." It's good because it takes about two seconds to say and that's roughly how far behind the vehicle in front one should be. The trouble is it's impossible to leave a big enough gap in Thailand as some a-hole always gets into the gap.

Unlike in Britain, where the driver probably would have stabbed the tourist to death.....................

8 hours ago, Ctkong said:

The look of the pickup usually define the type of driver or owner in it. While driving on country roads here, I always look at the condition of the pickups ahead to gauge the type of drivers I am dealing with .... notable giveaways are the modified suspension, tires, bull bar, spotlights ,decals .... 

You are a car racist 

11 hours ago, Ctkong said:

The look of the pickup usually define the type of driver or owner in it. While driving on country roads here, I always look at the condition of the pickups ahead to gauge the type of drivers I am dealing with .... notable giveaways are the modified suspension, tires, bull bar, spotlights ,decals .... 

Yep, you can always judge the driver by the car.  Also a book by it's cover and a man by the colour of his skin.  Perfect advice.

11 hours ago, Pete1980 said:

A farang was driving the pick up.

Ahah, funny, no proof, just trolling

A farang would fear prison... he deliberated went backward, it is a tentative of murder with weapon by destination.

On 10/18/2018 at 8:52 PM, Jadam said:

image.png.a2ad8efe26084088c4f7cd4edb489934.png

I'm sure if the cops had the original video from the dashcam (not the crappy one I downloaded from facebook) and a bit of computer skill they could make out the tag number.  Of course if they had the tag number, they wouldn't have an excuse anymore and then they would have to do something about this.

Hundred of cameras in all Koh Samui main road. If they want, they can catch him. But not sure they even are aware of this.

It is obvious the foreigners had no driving skill whatsoever. Sure the guy stopped hard. Who knows what was in front of him? The bottom line, is that they are two of many tens of thousands who come to Samui (sure looks like the Ring Road) and get in accidents. Looked pretty minor. Thousands have never made it home, unless you call an arrival in a wooden box a return home. 

Samui remains the most dangerous place on earth to drive a motorbike, bar none. Signs should be posted, and basic competency tests should be given for anyone wanting to ride a motorbike. And embassies should warn their citizens not to rent motorbikes, on Samui, or Phuket, unless the riders are very experienced.

35 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

And embassies should warn their citizens not to rent motorbikes, on Samui, or Phuket, unless the riders are very experienced.

Yes, this will be possible when there is a good transportation, not kike songtaw scammers, or mototaxi scammers....

On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 7:12 PM, Moonlover said:

It's always possible to leave a big enough gap. It doesn't matter which country you're driving in. If someone passes you and fills in your gap, you simply back off a bit and recreate it. 

This motorcyclist is an atrocious rider. I've seen Thais ride better than this. It's my guess that he doesn't normally ride at all in his home country and has never had any formal training.

No matter, the pick up driver's action was despicable and I hope the police can find him and give a bit of 'attitude correction'. 

I agree in theory, but in practise, "backing off a bit" to allow for the constant gap fillers always ends up with me back where I started ????.

48 minutes ago, RasiMike said:

I agree in theory, but in practise, "backing off a bit" to allow for the constant gap fillers always ends up with me back where I started ????.

You cannot go backwards by going forwards. You simply arrive 10 seconds later.

It's all in the mind. ????

Have a nice day.

ML

1 minute ago, Moonlover said:

You cannot go backwards by going forwards. You simply arrive 10 seconds later.

It's all in the mind. ????

Have a nice day.

ML

My post was not.....er….. never mind.

You have a nice day too ????

5 hours ago, moe666 said:

In the end they where following to close

Sorry, the "end" has not yet occurred until the driver of the pickup is arrested for (at least) hit and run (aka leaving the scene of an accident). Since this is probably not going to happen, maybe you're correct (in the end).

On 10/18/2018 at 2:16 PM, Ratt Thai said:

if look closely in slow motion, then you see that the motorbike was able to stop, the reverse lights from the pickup going on, and the pickup coming backwards to and over the motorbike, then taking a run for it...

also, in the beginning of the clip, you'l see the biker flashing his headlights driving just behind the truck... looks them have been trolling each other...

"looks them have been trolling each other..."

Best post in the thread.  It provides the most likely explanation as to why the scooter rider was driving so badly, and also why the pickup driver reversed to hit the scooter.

16 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

Why is this? Different tarmac, more blind curves, enormous potholes in the roads or what?

Many reasons. Alot of tourists visiting and harboring the illusion that driving a scooter for the first time on a tropical island would be a cool thing to do. Incredibly aggressive and careless local drivers. Mini van drivers and jeep safari drivers that are certifiably insane. Police who are as apathetic and incompetent as they could possibly be.

I could go on and on and on. The number of bike riders who die or get seriously injured on Samui is astonishing. Ask any nurse who works at any of the private hospitals there. It is quite an industry. 

On 10/18/2018 at 12:21 PM, MrJerome said:

What a complete <deleted> <deleted>, to push his brakes like this.....but then....clearly an unexperienced motorbike driver and also one that has little knowledge of driving in Thailand.....could've avoided easily, and looks like the driver was trying to teach them a lesson....still a big <deleted> for doing so and should be punished if you ask me

What's the lesson, that foreigners shouldn't drive scooters like Thais do?

On 10/20/2018 at 10:27 AM, Stargrazer9889 said:

The tourists should be happy that they were not ran over by the car with the

camera. No Helmets as well. Som Nom Nah.  They were following too close and

paid for it. Idiots!

Geezer

Did you watch the video ?

Yes I watched the video twice, and both times seen the Tourist without their

helmets take a tumble. I have rented and driven motorcycles in Thailand for

over 20 years. When I saw how close this couple was following the pickup

I thought that they had no safety space if the pickup suddenly slowed down,

and I was correct.  Thailand is not a safe country to drive in. So again.

Som Nom Nah.

Geezer

Archived