Video: Find this driver "lacking humanity" after tourist collision

webfact

Every serious motorcycle rider knows, that whatever he passes can not get dangerous to him any longer. By the way, the distance being held by the MC-rider to the car in front should normally be 50 meters, or something. Here the motorcyclist behaves so f...ing stupid, and he meets someone of his kind. Anubaan Thailand.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

image.png.a2ad8efe26084088c4f7cd4edb489934.png

I'm sure if the cops had the original video from the dashcam (not the crappy one I downloaded from facebook) and a bit of computer skill they could make out the tag number.  Of course if they had the tag number, they wouldn't have an excuse anymore and then they would have to do something about this.

1 hour ago, Jadam said:

image.png.a2ad8efe26084088c4f7cd4edb489934.png

I'm sure if the cops had the original video from the dashcam (not the crappy one I downloaded from facebook) and a bit of computer skill they could make out the tag number.  Of course if they had the tag number, they wouldn't have an excuse anymore and then they would have to do something about this.

https://dashcamviewer.com/ 

The road is also covered by CCTV.

HTH

4 hours ago, MaxYakov said:

Right on, right on! Get one (or two) of these babies (road-adapted, of course):

Abrams_tank.jpeg

That's what I'd like to drive.

Buying gas for them though...they go by Gallons per Mile rather than Miles per Gallon.

2 minutes ago, cookieqw said:

rider at fault  --  plus no helmet   --   bet he blames the pick up

Yeah, sure. Not only that: The rider should be blamed for laying down his bike on a public highway obstructing traffic (from both directions, no less)!

Reminds me of the time I got rear-ended by this woman in a long-hooded Cadillac at a bridge toll queue. The insurance company said that the woman claimed that I had backed up and hit her! Long story short, I turned down both medical and car damage repair reimbursement by the insurance company. I had very mild whiplash and my rear bumper damage was two little dents from her license plate frame bolts.

However, my female passenger soaked the insurance company for every chiropractic session she could get from them and indicated she got kickbacks from the chiropractor - a friend hers. She didn't care about the potential hit my insurance premium could have taken.

20 hours ago, MrJerome said:

clearly an inexperienced motorbike driver and also one that has little knowledge of driving in Thailand...

Exactly truck driver could of slowed down and told them do not ride so close to the back of him or others.

20 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Quite agree. It doesn't matter in which country you're driving, you need to leave plenty of space between you and the vehicle in front:

StoppingDistancesHighwayCode.png.eca83ca689f89ae90ea86f85ca3c1f3a.png

Maybe the motorcycle couple was trying to overtake the pickup when the coast is clear... that is why they stayed close behind the pickup waiting for the opportunity. 

15 hours ago, MaxYakov said:

He did more than that! He actually went into reverse. A little more difficult to avoid than simply braking. I call it as assault with a motor vehicle (considered a deadly weapon). Try this stunt with a law enforcement officer in my country or even someone armed and it could have a fatal outcome.

Yes, they were following too closely and maybe signaling something to the pickup driver, but we have to admit that there are better ways to deal with it than stopping and reversing, doncha think?

I have always have considered a tailgating driver as either reckless or signaling an intent/desire to pass and let them have their way any way I could. If I couldn't let them pass for some reason, I'd let them know that I didn't approve of their distance by weaving my car and not braking (sort of slaloming). I drove cars that had a sophisticated, GTO suspensions that made this slaloming look fairly dramatic and they would back off out of fear that I was losing control.

I would never have even considered doing what the pickup driver did. It could have resulted in an horrific pileup on a busy road. Obviously he had poor judgment (at a minimum). I'd even go as far as to guess that he was a drunk driver. Maybe the motorbike driver had been partaking as well, looking at the way he would utilize the hard shoulder early in the video and then shift to using the road (but maybe it was because there wasn't a shoulder to utilize when the pickup decided to do stunt driving.

The title to this should have been something like:

Reckless Pickup Driver Purposely Causes Accident With Tailgating Motorcycle.

The look of the pickup usually define the type of driver or owner in it. While driving on country roads here, I always look at the condition of the pickups ahead to gauge the type of drivers I am dealing with .... notable giveaways are the modified suspension, tires, bull bar, spotlights ,decals .... 

21 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Quite agree. It doesn't matter in which country you're driving, you need to leave plenty of space between you and the vehicle in front:

StoppingDistancesHighwayCode.png.eca83ca689f89ae90ea86f85ca3c1f3a.png

Is that for two wheelers or four?

Relevant for vehicles (and some two wheelers are fitted with them now) with ABS braking systems?

Just wondering.

The last example "96 metres" would mean that in Thailand you would be nearly driving backwards (as the locals all get in front of you). ????

The Big Picture?

You could give the benefit of the Thai driver that they missed their right turn so they stopped selfishly and decided to put the brakes on regardless of who was in the back and start to back up so they could make the right. I've seen this done a dozen times on Hwy 7, when drivers missed the exit for Nongrue in Pattaya just slow down and start to back up to the exit.  But this is a real stretch!  And to answer the question of whether it was a Thai driver although I've seen it and once thought about picking up one myself because they are so cute the small truck is made by Nissan and run something like 250-300.000 a great percentage are Thai own.

Even Farangs after a while start to think or drive a bit like Thais but the problem with this couple decided they weren't going to wear helmet and wanted the wind in their face driver didn't have the balls to overtake on the right when it was available in general majority of Thais on a bike would have over taken the pickup especially 32-34 seconds into the video although technically it shouldn't be done due to the center solid yellow line and solid white line on the left.

Prior to the 32-34 second and I've seen and actually done this myself while going within a reasonable speed with no where to go in front motorbike or vehicle tailgating. You watch the vehicle hug the left lane basically giving very little space for the motorbike to undertake. I call this a teaser to see how much balls the motorbike has as one can see you be pretty stupid to do a undertake the best course of pasting is on the right regardless of the yellow solid. At the 32-34 marked there was a opportunity for the bike to overtake but one can see the truck increase the speed now if you know anything about human nature and Thai driver this is what we call in the West tick for tack or mind games in my book. 

Before I get to my final statement from my experience and encounters with Thai drivers size manners? There is a thing Thais know nothing about in general and that is they must learn to " share the road "  this means many drivers in vehicles feel motorbikes have no business on the road even if they are traveling properly.  Daily I put in around 50-70 kilos. I could be traveling within the flow of traffic unable to travel faster and look in my mirror and a vehicle could be as close as within a foot of my rear wheel.  I've had vehicles while I'm traveling on Hwy 7, at 90 Km/H come behind or cut in front of me without any hesitation because they some how feel a bike shouldn't be in front of them, to be honest it is insane but are Thais stupid it just the most simple things that must be learned in driving the mental part hasn't been taught to them and then you have the non-existence of enforcement the problem grows to guys simple putting the brakes on to make his point.  I once was sitting on my bike with my young son in the back at a red light I had no where to go since bikes were in front of me we were unable to make the left turn. Suddenly I felt something pushing my bike I turn and it was a old pickup first I thought it was a accident but it happen again he basically try to push me out the way. Sadly it was a big mistake he made I put the bike on the kick stand told my son go to the sidewalk. Thai have never been told a vehicle is like a weapon and can hurt and kill.

Watching the video and the Nissan pickup rear lights you will noticed maybe defective or just wired wrong 3 sets of lights, top is white, middle is red and bottom is white.  Then top portions comes on and off but at the 44 second marked just before he stops you see all the lights come on nearly the same time especially the bottom the bike did a good job staying upright but he did make enough contact with the rear bumper to make a small dent just above the license plate, you could see it as the driver started to take off. This small contact to the bumper is what made the bike come to a complete stop and once that happen the weight of the rear passenger slight movement along with the weight of the bike although small there is no way the driver can keep it upright unless the person can bench press quickly 200 plus lbs? Sure some will disagree but I see no movement in the slightest going back regardless of the white light being on.

As the pickup pulls away they had second thoughts maybe thinking there was damage to vehicle the reason I think he decided to stop the second time. This is the time you could see the rear lights top come on and off as if they are brakes lights but also the bottom set comes on too before the first stop.  Nevertheless, the motorbike had no business tailgating if he was in such a hurry should have done in general most Thais would have done, just under or overtake the vehicle and take your chances. Regardless, of the situation the vehicle had no business putting on the brakes call it whatever people want but steel and concrete feel no pain the right and educated thing to do was to pull slowly over and let the idiot go by. 

On 10/18/2018 at 2:09 PM, khman said:

God will punish that Thai. How dumb he is break like that...

Even if, according to the law, farangs were probably too close, and the Thai has right to break... but come on. And leave.

I hope police will hear him.

Who said the pickup driver is Thai?

Archived