You can buy baht with a credit card at Super Rich?

12 minutes ago, Duke of Earl said:

This is excellent. Thank you.

Precisely what I am looking for.

My last question: will this just appear to my bank as a purchase? I suspect yes.

That would be perfect.

Thanks again.

It should....it might appear along the lines of "Purchase - Cash Advance" as I'm done cash advances below using my Pentagon Fed Credit Union credit cards simpley because the cards offered double the daily cash transaction limit of my debit cards, no cash advance fee, no foreign transaction fee, and I paid the balance in full same day via ibanking.  Before I was into using this method of getting my cash from the U.S. fee-free by doing a counter withdrawal within the Thai bank....didn't cost me a penny in any fees on the Thai end or U.S end....but I've since moved on to another fee-free way with a debit card that allows a high daily cash withdrawal limit at the bank counter.

• Thanks 1

And just add, just because a cash advance usually shows up as a "Purchase" transaction on your account because you are "purchasing currency", that does "not" mean it will be handled "fee-wise and interest-wise" the same way as a purchase such as a buying some groceries at Lotus, paying for plane ticket, etc.   Be sure to check your credit card's fees/interest rates for cash advances.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just to show how a cash advance/withdrawal can/will show-up as a "purchase" on your bank/card account, below is a snapshot of a recent at-the-counter cash advance/withdrawal I did at a Thai bank located in a Lotus mall using my "debit" card.  It was for Bt150K...well over $4K USD.   Now using a debit card is not really a cash advance, but that's what most Thai bank reps still refer to it as.   You go into a Thai bank branch and ask to do a counter withdrawal with your foreign card (credit or debit) they are probably going to respond, "Oh, you want to do a cash advance".....or at least that has been my experience in using my credit and debit cards to do counter withdrawals in Thai banks.

image.png.83b86bf23939e4baf7f0dc339f461994.png

And like I mentioned in an earlier post when I use to do cash advances using a no credit card in a Thai bank it would hit my account as Purchase-Cash Advance for the particular cards I was using.   But that was done in a bank; not at Superrich.

How a Superrich money transaction would appear on a person's account and associated fee(s) can depend on various factors....some controlled by your card-issuing bank.  One will never know for "100%" until they give it try.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Duke of Earl said:

This is excellent. Thank you.

Precisely what I am looking for.

My last question: will this just appear to my bank as a purchase? I suspect yes.

That would be perfect.

Thanks again.

It appear on credit card statement as merchant transaction and not as a cash advance. 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Pib said:

And just add, just because a cash advance usually shows up as a "Purchase" transaction on your account because you are "purchasing currency", that does "not" mean it will be handled "fee-wise and interest-wise" the same way as a purchase such as a buying some groceries at Lotus, paying for plane ticket, etc.   Be sure to check your credit card's fees/interest rates for cash advances.

I appreciate everything you've said- yet this one I don't understand. I thought it had to be one way or the other- purchase or cash advance.

For my cc they are dealt with very differently, and very unfavorably for cash advances.

I asked the bank and just got the standard info on cash advances. I want to pay it off later, and if a cash advance registers, it kicks in the monthly apr plus fees which I don't have to deal with if I stick to purchases for a year as I'm now in the introductory period. 

A cash advance is processed as a "type" of purchase transaction.    Just think of a cash advance like a product you are buying....like a TV set, smartphone, etc.  However, this product called a cash advance can come with different purchase fees and interest than a "non-cash" product. 

Each card-issuing bank will handle how it displays/describes that cash-advance on your monthly statement differently...and the description can change when it moves from the Pending status to Posted/Final status.

Edited by Pib