Be Careful In Patong

NedKelly

Just a word of warning to anyone in Patong. If you go to the Safari Bar be careful if you cross the road to feed the elephants at the elephant camp. Have the right change for buying the bananas to feed the ellies as the handlers wont give you your change back. Over the new year period a farang guy was assaulted after arguing for his change. The guys at the elephant camp did not like him arguing so he was hit on the head with an iron bar. He lived but has spent the past month recuperating from loss of the use of his left side. He was semi paralysed from this hit so it was hardly a tap. His recovery is expected to be good but not 100% ever ! So beware !

if that is even the full story.

i mean, thanks for the heads up and all, but it's not exactly a complete two sided story there is it? the farang may well have ended up offending the guys or whatever. Some people just don't know how to negotiate with locals.

Ohh and so a social faux par, while trying to actually get your money back from people trying to keep it.. Is deserving of an iron bar and semi paralysis..

Sometimes I think people need to stop defending the actions of thieves and scammers based on them being 'local'.. hel_l I am more 'local' than the vast majority of migrant workers coming here to take the tourist dosh.

if that is even the full story.

i mean, thanks for the heads up and all, but it's not exactly a complete two sided story there is it? the farang may well have ended up offending the guys or whatever. Some people just don't know how to negotiate with locals.

What a wierd thing to say :o

Naka.

unfortunately acts of violence are increasing at a rapid rate in phuket

Just a quick post to clarify a misunderstanding , I post on another board as "faultytowers" and would like BM's here to know that any posts on this board by "faultytower" are not my views and do not represent my opinion about Phuket.

Thank You. :o

unfortunately acts of violence are increasing at a rapid rate in phuket

Just a quick post to clarify a misunderstanding , I post on another board as "faultytowers" and would like BM's here to know that any posts on this board by "faultytower" are not my views and do not represent my opinion about Phuket.

Thank You. :o

You joined TV today; 'faultytower' joined yesterday.

Like the membername 'farangxx' etc. of which there are so many you might wish to ask Administration to change your -almost the same- name if that's even possible...

LaoPo

Like the membername 'farangxx' etc. of which there are so many you might wish to ask Administration to change your -almost the same- name if that's even possible...

LaoPo

The reason I joined today was because I have already had people asking if I was posting here , so thought it better to clarify the situation. Similar names can cause problems , and in some cases it is intentional , but those who know me will also who my views and hopefully not get confused by the opposing viewpoints.

LaoPo

The reason I joined today was because I have already had people asking if I was posting here , so thought it better to clarify the situation. Similar names can cause problems , and in some cases it is intentional , but those who know me will also who my views and hopefully not get confused by the opposing viewpoints.

I can sympathise with your concerns as another has used the nik "Croc" on Ajarn to abuse everyone there. Many thought it was me.

However, it's not possible to prevent this type of ID theft by the unimaginative or vindictive short of registering yourself with every forum going.

Edited by Old Croc

Just a word of warning to anyone in Patong. If you go to the Safari Bar be careful if you cross the road to feed the elephants at the elephant camp. Have the right change for buying the bananas to feed the ellies as the handlers wont give you your change back. Over the new year period a farang guy was assaulted after arguing for his change. The guys at the elephant camp did not like him arguing so he was hit on the head with an iron bar. He lived but has spent the past month recuperating from loss of the use of his left side. He was semi paralysed from this hit so it was hardly a tap. His recovery is expected to be good but not 100% ever ! So beware !

This story made the news in print where?

LaoPo

Just to weigh in as a poster on both forums..

The other forum has a banned member who continually comes back under new user names who is a blatant troll.. Also posts constantly negative things about Thailand and Phuket and incites arguments. The IP is Australian but even thats not hard to modify.

That user has now taken to joining other online forums with member names of the P-I mods etc.

The few posts made here fit his MO.

LaoPo

Just to weigh in as a poster on both forums..

The other forum has a banned member who continually comes back under new user names who is a blatant troll.. Also posts constantly negative things about Thailand and Phuket and incites arguments. The IP is Australian but even thats not hard to modify.

That user has now taken to joining other online forums with member names of the P-I mods etc.

The few posts made here fit his MO.

What other forum? Am I missing out on something? Which one is best - use code so the mods don't know, capaitals for lies and normal characters for the trutch. (e.g. PATTAYA IS IN EUROPE)

The other forum is Phuket info.. Its a little more nightlife biased and less serious forum than this..

But as predicted the user listed is now posting things (that are negative) and this can confuse people thinking the post is being made by the 'original' FT.. Its just a new way this particular troll is still trying to spread annoyance.

• 3 weeks later...

Can, but to be effective you would have to ban many many others at the same time doing a ban with like 123-**-**** lor somethning like that as most providers have a range thy work with and really it changes if you lay off the net for a bit. the other way is put a cookie on a PC but that is easliy detectable.............

Ban the range of IP's in their zone.......Now, another problem is people with unlimited Long Distance so they can get fre ISP's from a distance away.... No help as the problem is really with admin.....Insidious behavior is not delt with by insidious behavior!

This person is really becoming tiresome as he is now posting on other Thailand based forums with negative views of Phuket and Thailand. He is also starting provocative and denigrating posts about girls in the P4P scene, and using thinly disguised versions of usernames from the P-I forum to do it. One has to wonder if he has run out of people who hate him at home so that he needs to reach out into cyberspace for more.

this post has gone waaaaayyyy off topic.

people, if you have issues with user names etc, please take them to the admin area where the relevant people will see the posts and deal with the issue at hand.

sorry, guys, but this thread is now :o