Indians top the overstay charts, Cambodian takes longest overstay "honors" in latest crackdown

webfact

4 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

Ok ... do the job against people who do not respect the law. That's fine.

But how about making things more easy on visa issues and extension of stay issues  for the quality expats/retirees living in Thailand, who wish to do things as per the law ?

Why make life so difficult in some areas for the foreigners (meeting the requirements of stay)  wanting to extend their sojourn with excessive formalities, red tape or disgraceful queues lasting hours,  etc ?

What's the point ? In that case why not just plainly close the borders and make it clear that only a certan quota of foreigners will be allowed, if you dislike that much the farangs and retirees legally wanting to stay  ?

It's the same for real tourists...i was at a thai embassy this week and there were many farang standing outside discussing all the visa-rules, of course none of them understood it...Myself as a visa-user for over a decade also got surprised with new forms i had to fill in and deliver papers that were not noted on the website.

For tourist visa's nobody understood it, some even left without applying for their visa. 

So now we have chinese who get a free 2nd visa after visiting and we have farang who have no idea how to get a tourist visa and they even give up..probably they go to another country now....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Syduan said:

It's also not easy to blend in if you walk around holding a sheet of paper in front of your face.

Since it's immigration that paper was probably a recycled copy of a farang's passport, maybe they thought they were well disguised.

5 hours ago, stanleycoin said:

Doesn't that just say it all. 

Shame Thailand cant sort out the 25,000 it tolerates every year dying on the roads.

What a nonsense it all is.

One more Photo op, Yawn !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :coffee1:

Possibly not the business of the immigration department. 

6 hours ago, AlexRich said:

A guy from Cameroon staying 5 years in Surat Thani is pretty impressive as he would not be able to easily blend in within the community, especially if he were making a living in Thailand. 

no problem being one of these sometimes pesky African "Sports Students"; made a living at night time only (blends with his surroundings nicely...)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AlexRich said:

A guy from Cameroon staying 5 years in Surat Thani is pretty impressive as he would not be able to easily blend in within the community, especially if he were making a living in Thailand. 

This is true, but there is possibly a mix-up here.  His name

Patrick Ndang Phuh, to me, appears to be more Vietnamese than Cameroonian.  Unless he once obtained Vietnamese citizenship by residence, and used the VT passport to cross into Thailand?

2 hours ago, observer90210 said:

Ok ... do the job against people who do not respect the law. That's fine.

But how about making things more easy on visa issues and extension of stay issues  for the quality expats/retirees living in Thailand, who wish to do things as per the law ?

Why make life so difficult in some areas for the foreigners (meeting the requirements of stay)  wanting to extend their sojourn with excessive formalities, red tape or disgraceful queues lasting hours,  etc ?

What's the point ? In that case why not just plainly close the borders and make it clear that only a certan quota of foreigners will be allowed, if you dislike that much the farangs and retirees legally wanting to stay  ?

Agree, break the rules-out you go. 

As for difficult, can't agree - inconvenient maybe on a couple aspects, but overall if you meet the criteria and do your homework it's a piece of cake. Extended my stay (marriage) about 2 weeks ago, arrived at Phitsanulok office 8.00am, called to the desk 8.15am (15 minutes before official start) walked out at 9.00am - all done, back in 6 weeks for final extension stamp etc - far from difficult, very courtesy staff, they even redrew the house location map to suit their requirements. 

7 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

Yup, just imagine tens of thousands of Thais returning from Japan, South Korea, Singapore and Taiwan all at once, joined by tens of thousands more from the U.S., Canada and the European Union and supplemented by further thousands from the Middle East. The Thai government would of course immediately complain how unfair it all is.

Now having said that, I fully understand that Thailand doesn't want foreigners living here illegally, sometimes for years and years. It's the country's good right to enforce its visa rules and every foreigner better make sure they do so in line with immigration laws. But then again, it goes both ways; and my hunch is there are way more Thais staying abroad illegally than there are foreigners living in Thailand without appropriate visas.

European Union isn’t a country, but Europe is a continent, so when you are referring to Europe say Europe, not the union which represents tyranny, has undemocratic values and are a lot similar to Soviet Union, I’m not a Brit, my country is not a member of the Union, but what is right is right..

now must Asians in the Middle East are Bangladeshi,Indians,Pakistani and Filipinos, very few Thais there after my visit to some of the middle eastern countries.

thai are as bad as westerners to overstay around the world, it’s not only some people that do it.

Just now, The traveler said:

European Union isn’t a country, but Europe is a continent, so when you are referring to Europe say Europe, not the union which represents tyranny, has undemocratic values and are a lot similar to Soviet Union, I’m not a Brit, my country is not a member of the Union, but what is right is right..

now must Asians in the Middle East are Bangladeshi,Indians,Pakistani and Filipinos, very few Thais there after my visit to some of the middle eastern countries.

thai are as bad as westerners to overstay around the world, it’s not only some people that do it.

If there are more Thais staying illegally abroad, can I ask you how many ?seems like you know that because you talk about

11 minutes ago, Swedenlars said:

That is the official version. The reality looks different.

There are about 30 000 deportations from the UK every year and about 15 000 refused entries per year . 

But people who do overstay , are not given UK citizenship

Just shows how lazy previous Immigration and Police Officers have been in the past. Once he has sorted this problem out then put him in charge of Road safety and then hopefully we will see Big Changes here. England and Wales have approximately the same population as Thailand. There on average 6 die on the roads every day. Here in Thailand at least 65 die on the roads every day.

Rome was not built in a day and it will take a very good man and team to sort this waste of life out but give it time and hope.

12 minutes ago, NoMeAmes said:

The Thai people living illegally abroad send money home. It's all about the money, my friend. Foreigners overstaying don't bring in cash to Thailand.

what do they live on fresh air?

agree about the thais abroad though

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NoMeAmes said:

They live, yeah, but the cash that they earn in Thailand goes back to their countries. Same situation with Thais abroad, no? 

sorry i guess you talking about burmese, cambodians etc.

I was more referring to westerners that spend the money here

although with wages more on par now with neighbouring countries and price of living here higher doubt they have much to send

2 minutes ago, jimmynewbie said:

sorry i guess you talking about burmese, cambodians etc.

I was more referring to westerners that spend the money here

although with wages more on par now with neighbouring countries and price of living here higher doubt they have much to send

I thought the topic of this thread was that Indians are the majority? So I'm talking about them, as well as the runner up (Cambodians), etc. Individualistic retired westerners don't need to send money home. They bring money to Thailand to support their new teenage Thai wife, the kids, wife's "brother", wife's parents, wife's neighbors, and the family buffalo ???? This is the type of foreigners that Thailand wants to keep in. Not the overstaying Indians and Cambodians....

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, NoMeAmes said:

I thought the topic of this thread was that Indians are the majority? So I'm talking about them, as well as the runner up (Cambodians), etc. Individualistic retired westerners don't need to send money home. They bring money to Thailand to support their new teenage Thai wife, the kids, wife's "brother", wife's parents, wife's neighbors, and the family buffalo ???? This is the type of foreigners that Thailand wants to keep in. Not the overstaying Indians and Cambodians....

yes i was getting confused and mostly westerners on this forum haha

Problem sending Cambodians home who will do all the hard work....

and indians make the best suits

13 minutes ago, jimmynewbie said:

yes i was getting confused and mostly westerners on this forum haha

Problem sending Cambodians home who will do all the hard work....

and indians make the best suits

yeah I know what kind of people this forum consists of (mostly)

well.. the Burmese haha

No comment on the suits

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, NoMeAmes said:

yeah I know what kind of people this forum consists of (mostly)

well.. the Burmese haha

No comment on the suits

haha the suits was a tongue in cheek joke comment.

Edited by jimmynewbie
  • Haha 1