Big Joke: Welcome back to Thailand - you're nicked!

webfact

Big Joke: Welcome back to Thailand - you're nicked!

3pm1.jpg

Immigration chief Maj-Gen Surachate Hakparn was at the airport to welcome back four of his countrymen and women.

They were arrested in a call center raid on a condo in Guangzhou back in March and have finally been deported to face the music in Thailand. 

They were named as two men Wasan, 29, and Natthapong, 21, and two women Busaba, 33, and Ichiang, 24. 

The Immigration chief's revamped website said that operations had resulted in the arrest and repatriation of Thais working in call centers in Vietnam, Dubai, China, Malaysia and Taiwan. 

3pm.jpg

Officials were still waiting for some to be returned from Cambodia. 

Thaivisa notes that the IB site did not mention a raid some while back in which the Maj-Gen flew into Manila in the Philippines. 

The operations were done while Surachate was deputy in charge of the Thai Tourist Police Bureau.

Known as Big Joke in the Thai media he has now been promoted to the top position at Immigration.

The latest four suspects will be charged with fraud connected to international crime legislation. 

Source: Thai Immigration

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-10-19
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, bluesofa said:

So he's not acting any more - he's doing it for real now?

(I was referring to his title, not his daily onstage appearances)

Strictly speaking he is acting until it is officially ratified. He is actually still the deputy commander of the tourist police until his move is confirmed.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, bluesofa said:

So he's not acting any more - he's doing it for real now?

(I was referring to his title, not his daily onstage appearances)

It amounts to clever distractions.

....and they're very good at it - obviously.

????

4 hours ago, Emdog said:

Why would they have to "face the music" in Thailand for crimes in China? Never quite get charging people for crimes not in their jurisdiction. Could a Thai be charged with marijuana use in Oregon, Canada, etc where it is legal when returning to Thailand? Could Saudi be charged with alcohol use on Walking Street when returns to Mecca? (maybe not the best example... oh well)

I know of 2 countries that can charge their citizens just with positive urine test alone even when the actual consumption was done while overseas. Singapore and ROK.

12 hours ago, Emdog said:

Why would they have to "face the music" in Thailand for crimes in China? Never quite get charging people for crimes not in their jurisdiction. Could a Thai be charged with marijuana use in Oregon, Canada, etc where it is legal when returning to Thailand? Could Saudi be charged with alcohol use on Walking Street when returns to Mecca? (maybe not the best example... oh well)

Because they are criminals? Just a guess.

16 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

Correct me if wrong, but where they not working in call centres abroad but targeting Thais here ?

Correct, it appears Thais are easy meat as far as call centre operators are concerned, all looking for an easy way out for money

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Con Peoples Fund said:

I know of 2 countries that can charge their citizens just with positive urine test alone even when the actual consumption was done while overseas. Singapore and ROK.

And here. If you took drugs or smoked a joint before you arrive here and they test you they will still charge you from what I remember happened to a guy that stopped in Amsterdam before coming here.

On 10/19/2018 at 7:26 PM, Con Peoples Fund said:

I’m not positive but think that applies here also. What I’ve read they can stop you anytime and piss test you.

In California the police can’t stop you without probable cause.

It’s against the law in California to set up a DUI check without 

a way out to avoid it. But usually if you take the way out theres police to randomly stop people. 

Had and to go to traffic school which takes driving infraction of

one time only per year. Teacher was Highway Police man. He said 

have an unopened bottle of liquor in car. If policeman pulls you over. Take car keys throw out the window and roll window up.

when officer arrives to window open the bottle and start drinking.

sounds like someone did this before.

if your drunk and stop to rest it off. Make sure keys are out of car.

if not they can charge you with drunk driving

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/19/2018 at 4:42 PM, Toknarok said:

If the Joke really wanted to score brownie points he would go after Ferrari killer "The Boss' and drag him back to Thailand by the scruff of his neck.

Or why not BOTH of the Taksin's...spelling..sorry.

• Haha 1