One step closer to legalisation

rooster59

On 10/20/2018 at 8:26 AM, boonrawdcnx said:

Wonder why this suddenly seems such an urgent issue to deal with?

One would think this country has more important things to deal with?

I can see already the traffic accident statistics climbing to new heights in addition to the drunks , the ones high on meth we will have the rest driving around stoned.

If there is money to be made - like with cigarettes - governments don’t seem to care if their citizens become addicted or not.

I can see already a huge black market developing not for “medical use” another great tea money earner for the police.

Wonder what their neighbors to the south have to say about that?

Malaysia and Singapore still have the death penalty - even for cannabis.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Proof the OUTDATED comments still are alive. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, forqalso said:

Here in California, the shops sell edibles, ie gummy worms, hard candy or chocolates. I haven’t tried any as my employer likes to look at my urine.

Here in Thailand it is still not available from a 7/11 in any form.

Hope your employer is a woman otherwise it goes beyond kinky.

33 minutes ago, boonrawdcnx said:

I just mentioned Malaysia and Singapore because - I hope not - but it will only be a question of time until the first ignorant tourists will cross the border from Thailand with a little bit of “legal” pot - and they will be in for the shock of their lifetime!

Also most of the replies here make it look like they are going to legalize cannabis in Thailand for recreational use??

This is certainly not the case - the “medical purpose” is nothing but an excuse to make money and they are very likely eying production for export and not for domestic use.

And who decides? A Thai doctor? With a prescription? Yes I see a little problem with this - Because most so-called higher educated Thais and that certainly includes doctors consider people taking drugs - and for them drugs include Cannabis - as criminals who should be put in prison.

As for the health benefits - I remember very well working offshore and we used to identify those who where smoking pot by that terrible deep chronic cough they seemed to have all the time .
I was in a car accident in Brazil when a Brazilian friend of mine lost control because he was high on pot - crashed into several other parked cars and we luckily escaped with minor injuries and even more lucky he did not hit any of the people around partying on the street.

I am not talking about people taking it responsibly - when I talked about accidents I am talking about locals jumping on motorbikes and into cars stoned - joining the mayhem that made them win the number one spot in the world for traffic deaths!

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

More of your OUTDATED rhetoric. Please <deleted> and stop reinforcing how ignorant  your comments are.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/20/2018 at 8:26 AM, boonrawdcnx said:

094f1f5f-732e-4fdc-80a9-c4a442a66cc3_zps

Encouraging others to consume:
Up to 1 year in Prison and/or up to Bt20.ooo in fine

Good news for all bargirls:

Encouraging others to drink stays legal!

Although the police make money taking bribes from those caught with cannabis, politicians will be slathering at the thought of billions of baht in taxes. Don't forget it is the government that sell cigarettes that cause cancer. They won't worry about selling anything that makes money.

If everything goes to plan, Thailand could soon be the first Southeast Asian country to legalise medical marijuana. ??? .. To late!!! I remember seen huge stacks of Marijuana on sale on a table at the central Market in Phnom Penh some 25-30 years ago. There were police men sitting nearby,..so I think it was legal there !!!

17 hours ago, jimmynewbie said:

Good post I use it for arthritis, cbd oil is ok helps but lets be honest thc works far better

They need to do far more tests and not just on rats

Ha ha,  "We took a sample size of 100 rats and asked them if they were happier after smoking weed.  No response.  In conclusion....
Rats are too lazy to learn English after smoking weed, though there was a propensity to eat Pringles in larger stax than normal".

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

The biggest deterrment to any sort of legalization here is the revenue that would be denied to the RCD (revenue collection dept, aka RTP). Millions are being made on silly and unnecessary arrests. 

Second, it would deprive the current regime a soapbox to preach fake morality. 

Nothing but upside for society. The war on drugs has been an abysmal failure worldwide. It only benefits the police, and the prison system.  

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, 7by7 said:

If you cannot remember, how do you know that it is only "minor recall of unimportant events?"

As for the psychiatric issues; it is true that, as The Lancet report I linked to earlier says, the evidence does not prove beyond any doubt that schizophrenia and other mental illness is caused by cannabis use, or even whether sufferers were predisposed towards the illness and that predisposition was triggered by cannabis use. But there is sufficient evidence to show that there is a credible link which potential users should be made aware of.

What I simply cannot understand is why some people continue to deny that such a link exists. In a very similar way that tobacco companies used to deny the link between tobacco and cancer!

Ok.  Fair question. 

There are gaps in my memory  about  certain specific items of no particular importance although not of any  value. Yet to this day I remember the original possession of but can not recall the  dispossession of. Events of that  nature.  But I  have  perfect recall of  more significant  events  to the last detail regardless of  being  almost constantly stoned. 

Your provided  link to the the psychiatric issue is  valid in that it includes  cannabis as a credible trigger for episodes  of  several psychiatric disorders yet no less than others. 

If an individual is predisposed to onset of a psychiatric disorder  then they need  be educated  to understand they  need  avoid  such triggers whichever they  be. For  a significant  number that is  situational and  Not  chemical. Psychotic  events have  no singular explanation.

The  vast  majority do not have  such an issue.

Similarly the link  between  lung  cancer  and  tobacco consumption is non  conclusive in  actual fact.

But similar statistic evidence indicates that those genetically  predisposed  to  lung  cancer should avoid.

Reasonable advice. But are they  also advised  to  avoid exhaust  fumes on the street or  other  carcinogenic  potential situations? Not really!

In  so many ways  the institution of  beaurocratic dictate  and  KonTrol is  none less  than the reduction  in educational standards. Mis/disinformation in education is  the  most  dangerous  tool!

In light of that  my reservations about  the usage of  ganga in those aminstering and undergoing  education need  be scrutinized . 

What I believe is  important  is that people  should  understand the  chemical  mechanism of  THC .

Perhaps  then  there  could  be some understanding  why it is  falsely  labelled as a narcotic.

Then perhaps  people  could move on to  attempt  to  understand  the  destructive effect of  new generation  synthetic chemicals  that  destroy  the brain while in permanent  influence! 

Crack?  CrackHead. Cracked! Meth?  Bye  bye! LSD  still  has  surviving  inpatients!

I used  to  work in  this  unfortunate  arena of  damage.

• Thanks 1

@Dumbastheycome,

Correct me if I'm wrong; but you seem to be saying that cannabis only triggers mental illnesses such as schizophrenia in those who already have a genetic predisposition for that illness and that smoking tobacco only causes cancer in those who have a genetic predisposition for cancer.

Which may be true.

Assuming it is, and I do not have the knowledge nor experience to confirm or deny, then as the only way of finding out if one has such a genetic predisposition is to use cannabis or tobacco, then any responsible government should insist that cannabis products, once legalised, should carry similar health warnings to those already carried on tobacco products.

Would you agree?

• Like 1

On 10/19/2018 at 9:26 PM, boonrawdcnx said:

One would think this country has more important things to deal with?

I can see already the traffic accident statistics climbing to new heights in addition to the drunks , the ones high on meth we will have the rest driving around stoned.

If there is money to be made - like with cigarettes - governments don’t seem to care if their citizens become addicted or not.

I can see already a huge black market developing not for “medical use” another great tea money earner for the police.

Wonder what their neighbors to the south have to say about that?

Malaysia and Singapore still have the death penalty - even for cannabis.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

"I can see already the traffic accident statistics climbing to new heights in addition to the drunks , the ones high on meth we will have the rest driving around stoned."  You can see this? Really? Ummm, now who is the one hallucinating here? What have YOU been smoking? Did you miss the fact that it is still illegal to drive under the influence of marijuana? You're making wild speculation on a subject of which you know little or nothing. I'm being extra polite when I say that. You don't know the difference between amphetamines, alcohol, and marijuana? I'm 61, and in the 60s and 70s often rode with older drivers to concerts and whatnot, some of whom drank, but most of whom simply smoked weed. Drunk driving is an obvious problem, saw it many times, but I never saw anyone exhibit any signs of significant impairment while simply smoking. Ever. Even to this day. I was born in 1957 and grew up in that culture. And I don't smoke, haven't since the 80s. There are already plenty of statistics to contradict the imaginary ones you've conjured up. Can you come up with any instances of auto fatalities due to smoking weed? Of course not. It doesn't happen.  The two substances are not even in the same category  as to the degree of impairment caused. And weed does not have the addiction potential of other substances. But as to enforcement, if you smoke weed in a car a cop will smell it, and you WILL get busted a lot more easily than if you were drinking. That smell is distinctive and easily identified. So enforcement of smoking/drinking laws is extremely easy. And you support the death penalty for marijuana?  Why are you even making comments here without checking your facts? You'd do well to not embarrass yourself by posting nonsense, stick to what you know.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, 7by7 said:

@Dumbastheycome,

Correct me if I'm wrong; but you seem to be saying that cannabis only triggers mental illnesses such as schizophrenia in those who already have a genetic predisposition for that illness and that smoking tobacco only causes cancer in those who have a genetic predisposition for cancer.

Which may be true.

Assuming it is, and I do not have the knowledge nor experience to confirm or deny, then as the only way of finding out if one has such a genetic predisposition is to use cannabis or tobacco, then any responsible government should insist that cannabis products, once legalised, should carry similar health warnings to those already carried on tobacco products.

Would you agree?

Certainly  I would agree. However such  "warnings" are only on tobacco products and for that matter "advisories"  on alcohol as a way to obviate liability while taxing the snot out of them.

The  effect is minimal.

A reality is that cannabis is/ has been in use a very long time. It has been the criminalization of it that has created social issues.

Whereas synthetic products such as crack, meth, actually create massive permanent neurological and physical damage.

Let "Enforcement" get serious about damaging that industry!

"“We have a long way to go, but I can assure you that cannabis is not an evil substance like the old myths say,” she said. "

Exactly! Leads to the issue of a myriad other "old myths" and self-serving lies that government gangsters all over the world have sanctified into "law of the land", and ruined countless lives thereby...

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 2:01 AM, Dumbastheycome said:

Certainly  I would agree. However such  "warnings" are only on tobacco products and for that matter "advisories"  on alcohol as a way to obviate liability while taxing the snot out of them.

The  effect is minimal.

Maybe the effect on tobacco and alcohol use is minimal; but the warnings are there and do have some effect.

A reality is that cannabis is/ has been in use a very long time. It has been the criminalization of it that has created social issues.

Yes, criminalisation has created social issues; especially as those one has to buy cannabis from often have other 'products' to push! (That's how my friend got addicted to crack; her dealer got her to try it when she went to buy some hash.)

Hopefully those social issues will mostly disappear come legalisation; but the medical issues wont; they will still be there and the more people who use cannabis the more of a problem for the health services these problems will become.

Whereas synthetic products such as crack, meth, actually create massive permanent neurological and physical damage.

Whilst the effect of these drugs may be more widespread than that of cannabis; cannabis does, as has been shown, cause similar problems for a significant number of users.

• Confused 1

Theres enough piss heads here and death on the roads already without weed.......hash......or whatever you call it. I cant believe thailand going down this road with their beliefs but its still a sex capital so why not hash as well well CRAZY
U realize that marichuana do wonders to brain cancer, epilepsy etc...

No doubt that the decision of lifting the ban on cannabis will boost the number of road accidents. How can one detect whether somebody has been drugged by cannabis or yaba?
Drugs are on the streets anyway. Its easy for thais get weed, nothing will change.