Foreigner and foreigner divorce in Thailand

bfc1980

It's possible my wife and I will break up soon and look to divorce. We both live and work in Thailand and have done for at least 5 years. We were married in her home EU country and I am from a different EU country. Is it possible to get divorced here or must it be done in the EU?

Also, if a divorce happens here, would it also include the issue of custody arrangements and payments to help support the children (she is on a very good salary circa 100,000 a month plus benefits, as am I) monthly essential household bills are no more than 55,000 a month so she could easily support herself without too much financial support from myself. 

So is it possible to get divorced here? How expensive would it be as she will probably contest it here for reason that I don't want to say here. 

Thanks 

Ok thanks for your informative answer. The marriage was never registered here as I guess there was no need when we first arrived. There's no chance of her wanting to register it here now since the courts in her home country would be much more favourable to her in terms of custody arrangements and payments.

Thanks again

On 10/21/2018 at 12:57 PM, Esso49 said:

You mention children.   How old are they, where were they born and where and whom are they living with now ?

They are 9 and 4. Youngest was born in Thailand the eldest in the UK. We are all still living together at the moment.