What Is Exactly Is The Climate Of Thailand At The Moment For Non-thais?

Jookster

I have been reading posts which give reference to the state or climate of Thailand for Expats/Non-Thais? I haven't been keeping up with this site too much and was wondering exactly what people are reffering to?

Things like the idea of being kicked out of the country? Is it largely to do a tightening of checks on people's visas/qualifications?

I have been reading posts which give reference to the state or climate of Thailand for Expats/Non-Thais? I haven't been keeping up with this site too much and was wondering exactly what people are reffering to?

Things like the idea of being kicked out of the country? Is it largely to do a tightening of checks on people's visas/qualifications?

I beleive when you read negetive reports on Thai/Farung living here it is the folks that refuse too get legal and keep having problems with their visa's. When I read some of the forum's it is normally the person who has been here 3-? years and are still border hopping and looking for another angle too stay without the proper visa, it is very easy to be legal and difficult to be other-wise

Same as it has been. Yes visa rules have been recently adjusted but they were talking about doing that since 2003. A lot of expats blamed ole Taksin for general increase in xenophobia, nationalism anti farang (kee nok farang) abuse. All evil old Taksin did was tap into a pre existing condition, as any populist politician would. However they have found a new excuse/explanation for this .... HERE direct from thai visa you have ..

"It's noteworthy in that it is confirmation by Immigration of what many had speculated in that the John Mark Karr case provided the impetus to reform not only teacher requirements but also likely played a role in the enforecement of the 90-day visa-free regulations.

Indeed, his case cast a dark shadow of world attention on Thailand with far reaching implications."

This psychic transference had to happen as Taksin has been in trouble for a year and out since the Oct 19 coup. A new scapegoat to go with the quart of Leo.