Thammasat Actress Set For A 'hot' Dressing Down

Jai Dee

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='The Dan Sai Kid'

What's your objection, exactly?

I know many Thammasat graduates; mostly lawyers. While articualte, I would say they have no more knowledge tha a community college graduate from America, and that ain't much.

I know many Americans. mostly graduates. While overly talkative, I would say many have no more knowledge than a non-graduate from most other countries, and that ain't much. :o

To anuffa poster... T.U. does have cheerleaders incidentally.

This is about on par with the 'no zero size models' craze that went on in the UK a while back, where various industry leaders postured about how models should not be super stick thin, wearing zero size clothing.

I think Vogue was the magazine that dug a bit deeper, and established:

- there was no such thing as zero size in the UK anyway

- the fashion houses make most outfits a certain size, then find models to fit into those; and most of those models singled out are tall but not excessively slim compared to their peers

In short... a complete waste of everyone's time. Much like the posturing from T.U. And the drivel following on this webboard. Like the pics though; however there were some far more revealing and better looking outfits on show at the event; pick up a copy of Ooops to enjoy the full spread.

Relatively speaking I mean.

Thamma and Chula are Thailand's elite universities, even if they aren't up to their standard.

Anyway, the point remains valid. How many thaivisa posters are university graduates?

I don't think there is a relative comparision in this case. A qualification from the institutes that you mention would open doors for you when applying for work in any country. Thammasat, although a respected institution domestically, is virtually unknown internationally.

A better way to word the question might have been: "How many Thai Visa posters have been educated to the same level as a Thai university graduate?"

I will take a stab at that...

1. Duck Bonggot

2. 'Niu' showing view at Golden Doll (Tukata Tong) Ceremony. Think that means 'she' is a 'he'. Sure looks that way!

1. "ตั๊ก บงกช" = Tuck Bonggot (It's a "tor ta0" not a "dor dek".)

and 2. "Tukata Tong" is an award...just like an oscar. It doesn't mean that she is a he.

Too small on my screen to differentiate between a doh dek and a tor tao, thanks. That bit about the he and she was the result of poor edit job to remove some previous commentary, sorry, and wasn't a reference to the award.

Bad students in Thailand??

I also love these US students.

Is there a party house like this in Thailand??

Feb 13, 2007 2:18 pm US/Eastern

Naked College Parties

Angela Russell

Reporting

(CBS 3) PHILADELPHIA An underground trend is attracting a number of college students - naked parties and the name says it all.

These nud_e parties are held all over the country and CBS's The Insider was able to obtain undercover photos.

College parties are notorious for pushing the envelope. Animal House is one thing but this however is another.

"The way it was billed was don't be a prude, come to the nud_e party," said a Penn student who did not want to be identified.

The junior at Penn agreed to talk to CBS 3 if we disguised his face and voice since only his dad knows about the parties he has come to love.

"It's a very clever set up. It's a house with four stories," said the student.

He says the first floor is for people with clothes, the 2nd floor is underwear and the third and fourth floor are reserved for those who choose to bare all.

At least they have more than one floor for the naked :o:D

The way I see it is that Thammasat students are no more useless than the hordes of graduates from U.K unis who in my experience, the majority are completely clueless on anything other than where to obtain the cheapest beer on campus. If these U.K students chose to concentrate on their studies to the same level as Thai students at Thammasat and Chula etc.. then it would be a different matter altogether. This is why Asian students in the U.K are almost always the high flyers.

Jake

Anyway, the point remains valid. How many thaivisa posters are university graduates?

That is a good question indeed; however, since the quality of your posts (judging by originality, degree of biased views, and general knowledge) seems to be just a bit below average, I can only assume most have education slightly better than yours :o

You know... the original point of this thread was to suss out the general reaction of ThaiVisa members to posts/news bulletins of this genre.

It didn't have to be posted... it was all over the Thai media like a rash, but no mention at all (let alone pictures)

in the English/translated media.

So far... there's been a mixed reaction... the usual "show me the pics" responses... coupled with the more discerning posts from those that understand and are maybe familiar with Thai university goings-on....

But... I am surprised that only Meadish so far has commented on the Nation's editorital comments... :D albeit in a "short-form" response.

I am disappointed... I thought ThaiVisa readers/posters were made of stonger stuff.

:o

That is a good question indeed; however, since the quality of your posts (judging by originality, degree of biased views, and general knowledge) seems to be just a bit below average, I can only assume most have education slightly better than yours :o

Roger, that's out of line.

Bendix is one of our most poignant and witty posters.

So, in deference to Ashacat, I started an edumacation poll for TVers.

The university reaction is painfully boring and stupid, and I would normally not be capable of bringing myself to respond. The inertia is already pressing heavy on my fingers.

But for one small insight that others might not see. Thai's have underdeveloped ego's - meaning that they don't appreciate heros, and that they are mamas boys and girls - they are enmeshed. They don't exist independently.

The government thinks it has some sort of authority regarding teenagers during Valentines day, and imposes a 10 pm curfew in some areas. A university doesn't like the dress one of it's high profile students wears, off campus.

The sense of self is not differentiated - people confuse boundaries. Like very young adolescents. The culture enforces this stupidity, this lack of individuality.

Think of Europe during the middle ages - conform or be crucified. Think of high school. Fit in and prosper, or stick out and pay the price.

Good on her and good on her dress.

Edited by jamman

You know... the original point of this thread was to suss out the general reaction of ThaiVisa members to posts/news bulletins of this genre.

It didn't have to be posted... it was all over the Thai media like a rash, but no mention at all (let alone pictures)

in the English/translated media.

maybe you should try reading the actual papers instead of the online versions sometime :o

Ooooooooh, touchy. How am I flaming? It's a simple statement of fact. I simply pointed out that as a Thammasat student she's in the top echelons academically in Thailand. A Thammasat student is like an Oxford, Cambridge or Harvard student.

Cheers! I studied at Thammasat for a semester, glad to see someone thinks I'm as well educated as any Oxford, Cambridge or Harvard scholar :o

Trust me, the stardard of education at Thammasat is fairly mediocre (if not below average) by Western Stardards. I came away with a 3.7 GPA for the semester in Business Administration... i'm assuming i could not have achieved the same at Harvard.

Roger, that's out of line.

Bendix is one of our most poignant and witty posters.

No offence intended, I just think that someone who dedicates so many posts to patronizing other posters, can use a small taste of his own medicine. :D