Travelling to Vietnam on with VN Visa - do I need to show a return ticket or just print out of where I am staying?

Paulinho

Hi,

I will book a one way ticket to Vietnam since I will be there a month or two.

I don't know when I will return (date) so no point to book a return - but does anyone know if this will be an issue at the Hanoi airport when I go through immigration?

Thanks,

P

This often depends on country of citizenship.  If you are from a western, developed country, it will probably be presumed that you have, or have access to sufficient money to buy a return ticket. I have just returned from a short visit to VN on a two-way ticket. None of the"Vietnam visa" websites that I visited before going mentioned the need for a return ticket. You might want to check some of those, with specific reference to your country of citizenship.

As a frequent visitor to VN, no, it won't be an issue.

www.Vietjetair.com also flies to CNX, FYI. 

At Hanoi airport, you can exit and turn left. Bus #7 will take you into Hanoi for 8,000 VND. Avoid scams and b.s. with taxi cabs at the airport. Make sure you know where you need to go. 

NGHA GHI are guesthouses and you will encounter weird pricing schemes. "Normal" is a 12 hours' stay, like 9 pm - 9 am. For 24 hours, the price might be 100,000 VND higher? Just be prepared...

If staying with locals, for heaven's sake do make them report your stay to the POLICE. Or else, your host family will get fined.

Where will you be heading?

Buses leave about 2 km from the airport to CAM PHA. You can get off in HA LONG. KUMHO is a good company, charging like 80-100 k while many rogue operators overcharge and then drive around for hours etc. And for overnight travel, the sleeper buses are often really comfortable.

40 minutes ago, onlycw said:

As a frequent visitor to VN, no, it won't be an issue.

www.Vietjetair.com also flies to CNX, FYI. 

At Hanoi airport, you can exit and turn left. Bus #7 will take you into Hanoi for 8,000 VND. Avoid scams and b.s. with taxi cabs at the airport. Make sure you know where you need to go. 

NGHA GHI are guesthouses and you will encounter weird pricing schemes. "Normal" is a 12 hours' stay, like 9 pm - 9 am. For 24 hours, the price might be 100,000 VND higher? Just be prepared...

If staying with locals, for heaven's sake do make them report your stay to the POLICE. Or else, your host family will get fined.

Where will you be heading?

Buses leave about 2 km from the airport to CAM PHA. You can get off in HA LONG. KUMHO is a good company, charging like 80-100 k while many rogue operators overcharge and then drive around for hours etc. And for overnight travel, the sleeper buses are often really comfortable.

Many thanks. I arrived safely and got a taxi pickup, but appreciate your advice. 

Regards, 

P

Archived