Jump to content

Abhisit not fazed by politicians switching affiliations


webfact

Recommended Posts

Abhisit not fazed by politicians switching affiliations

 

imageproxy-1.jpg

File photo

 

BANGKOK, 23 October 2018 (NNT) - Former Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva, who is contesting the leadership of the Democrat Party, said he is not concerned about politicians switching party affiliations, saying it is a normal part of the election process. 

Abhisit said his party has implemented a voting application to elect its new leader, and encourages members to nominate themselves to promote a constructive political environment. As for politicians switching party affiliations, Abhisit says it is a normal occurrence leading up to an election. He stated that the Democrat Party is firm in its stance of personnel development and cultivation of new minds to provide the country with new choices. 

The former Democrat leader added that in the future, the party will consider forming coalitions with other like-minded parties. However, the Palang Pracharat Party is currently not one of them. 

Meanwhile, acting Pheu Thai Leader Pol Lt Gen Wirote Pao-in said today he is ready to testify to the Election Commission regarding the party’s ties with its former leader, Thaksin Shinawatra. He assured those present that Thaksin does not have influence over the party and that past meetings with party members were of a personal nature. He also affirmed that the party remains united and has not fractured into smaller “backup” parties.

 
nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2018-10-23
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

25 minutes ago, webfact said:

Former Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva, who is contesting the leadership of the Democrat Party,

Hold on there, just a cotton-pickin' minute . . . didn't this twerp swear blind, just a few days ago, that he was no longer a candidate? A clear case of democratic dementia . . . sad what it does to these Thai hi-sos.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Ossy said:

 

Hold on there, just a cotton-pickin' minute . . . didn't this twerp swear blind, just a few days ago, that he was no longer a candidate? A clear case of democratic dementia . . . sad what it does to these Thai hi-sos.

 

 Only doing the same as politicians who have stated they will not be running for President or Prime Minister who then proceed to do the opposite.

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Mychoicetobehere said:

 Only doing the same as politicians who have stated they will not be running for President or Prime Minister who then proceed to do the opposite.

What politicians are you referring to, ie. in democratic countries, that have a history of co-opting with the military for coup overthrows for control of the government and elimination of opposition parties because they know their own political party can't win on its own in a fair and transparent election?

I'd rush to say None.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Welll.....

Love 'im or hate 'im - he is a survivor. 

 

Belonging to the usual scallywag circles. 

 

It's all about Marky.

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Mychoicetobehere said:

 Only doing the same as politicians who have stated they will not be running for President or Prime Minister who then proceed to do the opposite.

Sure..what about..what about..what about?

 

We are talking about HERE, right?

Link to post
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Gotta love them coup d'etats-regular as clockwork..you can set your bowels by them.

Although if you're on the wrong end of it, you might find they empty PDQ.

(also known as PMES - Prawit Medical Emergency Syndrome)

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Although if you're on the wrong end of it, you might find they empty PDQ.

(also known as PMES - Prawit Medical Emergency Syndrome)

I say..are you kinda intimating that you might be a trifle jaundiced with the supreme fella and his minions?

 

News to me...😂

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Odysseus123 said:

I say..are you kinda intimating that you might be a trifle jaundiced with the supreme fella and his minions?

News to me...😂

I had some minions in the fish pond in the garden.

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Yup. I blinked, and there they were gone.

Well..blinking is a farang thing..if you were Thai you would be wide awake,

Anyhow..everything is topping in Shangri-La is it not?

 

"T'was brillig and the slithy toves did gyre and gimble in the wabe.."

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...