KRUNGSRI BANK...ANYONE KNOW?

Hi... I am thinking of opening an account at KRUNGSRI bank for investment purpose! Is this bank farang friendly... I've been doing my banking thus far with Bangkok bang and I don't know too much about other Thai banks! All I know Bangkok bank is not very competitive in long term deposits and KRUNGSRI is offering much better terms! Is there any member thinking of investing in the near future... I surely would like to know your thoughts...!

Depends where you live.  If you are in Bangkok then open an account at their main office and you will find English and and treatment of foreign investors fine.  In country areas then their competence in English Language may well prove challenging, but should not be taken as not being foreign friendly, it just makes it difficult for them and you to converse.

this guy seems to recommend them for LTF investment - read down to the LTF section where he is very positive on how they were to deal with...

https://www.thailandstarterkit.com/money/thailand-money-matters/

I'm going to be opening an account with them, and then also invest in some LTF and hopefully get a Thai credit card at last.... as Paypal's tiny little brains explode at the concept of someone living in a different country as to where their credit card issuing bank is based (which is frustrating) ????

Hi, I wanted to know if Krungsri fees when receiving euros, or dollars, are OK? Do you know how many % they charge for the conversion (vs official eurthb/usdthb rate).

Thank you for your help.

• 1 month later...
On 10/26/2018 at 4:46 AM, coops said:

this guy seems to recommend them for LTF investment - read down to the LTF section where he is very positive on how they were to deal with...

https://www.thailandstarterkit.com/money/thailand-money-matters/

I'm going to be opening an account with them, and then also invest in some LTF and hopefully get a Thai credit card at last.... as Paypal's tiny little brains explode at the concept of someone living in a different country as to where their credit card issuing bank is based (which is frustrating) ????

Just an update....

Invested in some LTF funds, no problem.

And just received my KCC Platinum Visa card today.

Activated it just now, online - no problem.

Chose an ATM code online - no problem.

Added it to my KMA app on my phone - again no issues.

Updated my Paypal account... and finally have a functioning credit card that the simples at Paypal can comprehend and allow.

As soon as I confirm my first local Thai paycheck paid into Krungsri, I'll be ditching SCB (first opened in 1999, but even with all that time and work permit and etc etc was refused a credit card).